FLOW seeking to address service issues

The top executive of telecommunications company Cable & Wireless Communications, which trades here as FLOW, is assuring Barbados that the company is working to correct all the service issues they have been experiencing.

In fact, Chief Executive Phil Bentley told Barbados TODAY he was satisfied that the days of disruption and service outages on its network in Barbados were numbered.

He explained that the outages were mainly because of the migration of customers from the old network to the more modern, high quality fibre network.

Describing the issues as teething problems, Bentley said such technical hiccups should be expected with the migration.

“We had some technical challenges in exchanges in Barbados as we moved from those old telephone systems to the new ones. On top of that, we had a fibre cut underground when there was an underground earthquake and that caused disruptions as well,” Bentley said.

“And you put all of that together with changes of stores and changes of billing cycles and it has, in Barbados, created some real shortcomings in service. ….We have apologized to our customers. It wasn’t a service they should expect from us.”

Bentley said engineers were now “on top of the problems” but there remained a “backlog of complaints”.

“We haven’t had an outage now for at least a month.

“So the new network is performing to design and things are stabilising now….. We accept that our network performance was less than we would have liked it to be in Barbados but I am pretty confident that we are on top of that now,” Bentley said.

11 Responses to FLOW seeking to address service issues

1. Dianne Griffith
    Dianne Griffith November 7, 2015 at 2:36 pm

I need to know 2 things 1 how come that your phone can be barred for one month service and I mean just as soon as the bill comes in and 2 my phone has not gotten dial tone for this will be 3 weeks now it was reported and I have not seen no technician as yet will I have to pay flow for non service tnku

2. Danny Clarke Colombian
    Danny Clarke Colombian November 7, 2015 at 2:39 pm

we been hearing this same sad story for months now. soon take out all of wunna junk out my house n pelt it in your office

3. Sandra Madea
    Sandra Madea November 7, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Who believe u just like u

4. Keera Harding
    Keera Harding November 7, 2015 at 3:53 pm

My landline been dwn over a mnth now n dispite callin n goin to office nothing is being dne yet they is still a billl coming in

5. R Blackman November 7, 2015 at 9:22 pm

I would like to know when I’ll have my internet and phone working
    properly and also when I’ll get a letter of apology for the poor quality service and a credit to my account as some of the FLOW customers on my street received last month .. Just asking as these were already benefiting from when they made the switch from lime to you .. Just asking …..
    Thanks

6. Wendy Wilson
    Wendy Wilson November 8, 2015 at 12:10 am

Why does my pre paid data plan get cut off within five days each week when it’s billed for one week?Lime will tex you saying you have two more days, then flow will tex you within minutes and say your data plan ran out week after week after week????????

7. Frank Fowler
    Frank Fowler November 8, 2015 at 4:31 am

Why don’t you complainers try reaching the call center in Jamaica. All they ever do is use us and spend the money everywhere else. Our choices were limited and got more limited when Lime and Flow merged

8. Lise Hansen
    Lise Hansen November 8, 2015 at 5:40 am

hope that means that my Bajan friends will SOOOONNNN be able to actually RECEIVE my text messages sent from Denmark ….. It used to be so easy to keep in touch by texts ….. that stopped a couple of months ago …. :-(….. NOT FUNNY

9. jrsmith November 8, 2015 at 9:38 am

What ,bajans is expecting, you have a cartel dealing with, I said long time ,bajans should not accept the same standards , which is being delivered in the region, this need to be made clear to the phone operators. this is where they are taking the piss.

They want to make profits in Barbados but give nothing back to our economy, and bajans will see, the excuses coming, to made bajans feel they are so middle class , business is taken to the lower region ,because the work force is cheaper.

OUR GOVERNMENT NEED TO ,OPEN THE TELECOMS MARKET TO OTHER FOREIGN BIDDERS.GIVING OUR PEOPLE A CHANCE NOT ACCEPTING THE RUBBISH FROM CABLE & WIRELESS. YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET, IF YOU DONT GET IT ,DONT PAY FOR.

BUT ONE MAJOR ISSUE , MUST BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT, WHO IS ON THE SIDE OF OUR BAJAN PEOPLE. WHO IS GOING TO SPEAK FOR US , TO THE CARTEL .

10. carson c cadogan November 8, 2015 at 10:42 am

Service issues Not only in Barbados, but in Jamaica as well.

• bajanguyster November 12, 2015 at 1:02 pm

what do that have to do with Barbados @ Carson gosh …