Man jailed for stealing disinfectant

COURT TODAY BLOCKTwo months ago, Keith Fitzgerald Henderson Batson, 44, of no fixed place of abode, admitted harassing a woman and using threatening words to her.

Those were “I hate you. I am going to chop you up. When I come across Nelson Street, I would chop you up.”

After pleading not guilty originally, Batson later changed his plea before Magistrate Douglas Frederick in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court No. 1.

He was placed on a bond to keep the peace for three months. If breached, he was told he would have to spend a month in jail.

That sentence was taken into consideration today by acting Magistrate Alliston Seale in the District ‘A’ No. 2 Court, before whom Batson pleaded guilty to stealing a bottle of Jeyes Fluid from the House of Deals on April 21.

The thief walked into the Tudor Street establishment on that date, took up the bottle of disinfectant and placed it under his hat.

As Batson was about to leave the store, an employee who saw him take up the bottle approached him and asked about the hidden item. He handed it over and the police were called.

When he was questioned, Batson said he forgot the item in his hand and he wanted it to dye his security uniform.

Seale sentenced Batson to three months in jail and one month for breaching the bond. The sentences will run concurrently.

2 Responses to Man jailed for stealing disinfectant

  1. Antony Rack
    Antony Rack May 21, 2015 at 12:25 am

    Mad……..madness, it should have been $ 3000 dollars fine, as a deritrant, he wouldn’t attempts such foolishness against,
    two month inside, how much will it cost $10000 dollars, the judge should be put be on trial for lock of common sense, and for a waste of hardworking taxpayer money.

  2. ken May 21, 2015 at 7:50 am

    Sorry to say but he should have been advised by the prime minister to get a lawyer, or is it only valid when the theft is a certain amount of money?


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *