Motorcyclist seriously injured

REMM9307

Motorcyclist Hallon Price of Lodge Terrace, St Michael remains in serious condition at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) after being involved in an accident last night.

Police say the 30-year-old was riding the motorcycle when it was involved in a crash on the Errol Barrow REMM9306section of the ABC Highway at about 8:15.

The motorcycle was extensively damaged, and Price complained of injuries to his left hand, head and face.

He was taken to the QEH by ambulance.

30 Responses to Motorcyclist seriously injured

1. MariaMaria Angel
    MariaMaria Angel February 15, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Motorcycle=death trap ( my opinion.)

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams February 15, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Maria’s mouth= death trap, also.

• MariaMaria Angel
      MariaMaria Angel February 15, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Lol..it’s cool, the opinions of strangers don’t matter. But, hey…feel free to use the “block” option….

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams February 15, 2015 at 9:28 pm

I don’t have to block you, just i think it’s silly to cast aspersions on something without knowing the facts. Also, i have been riding for 5 years, and i have proven that talking nonsense is deadlier than riding a bike, thanks to you and countless others.

• MariaMaria Angel
      MariaMaria Angel February 15, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Lol..What about the ones who died riding their bikes? I can use them to prove that motorcycles are death traps. Just because YOU have managed to remain safe, doesn’t mean that motorcycles aren’t dangerous. Just because a soldier returns safely from war, doesn’t make war any less dangerous. If you want facts, go look at the statistics of motorcycle accidents in Bim. 9/10 times, the rider is killed outright or succumbs to his injuries. Compare that to the fact that we have car accidents in Bim several times a day, yet more often than not, no one is fatally injured.

• MariaMaria Angel
      MariaMaria Angel February 15, 2015 at 9:46 pm

I don’t know how SAYING that motorbikes are dangerous, could be deadlier than wheeling on a motorbike on a road heavy with traffic, or speeding down the highway on a wet road…..you’re certifiable, really….

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams February 15, 2015 at 9:57 pm

I have the statistics going as far back as 1990, thanks- I don’t get your point because more car accidents kill people than bikes in barbados, so your death trap argument does not hold weight if we are dealing with statistics. Also, based on your logic, no one should ever drive cars in bim seeing how often someone has to be cut from mangled wrecks with the jaws of life. I do not think you know how many bikers are injured and or killed verses the number of motorists who do the same and succumb to their injuries. The last biker who succumbed to his injuries was back in 2010, this is 2015……we have had more than 8 deaths due to motor vehicles between than time period…..I correct you again, motorbikes are dangerous as the riders and fellow motorists, also, i never said you can’t say they are dangerous, i said you can’t cast aspersions on an event to which the facts elude you.

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams February 15, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I am sure you stand a strong chance of getting carpal tunnel syndrome from typing so much nonsense, but you will still type anyways.

• Mhizz Forever Bless
      Mhizz Forever Bless February 15, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Ryan Williams I love u dwl murrrrrda

• MariaMaria Angel
      MariaMaria Angel February 15, 2015 at 10:45 pm

You need to look up the true meaning of “cast aspirations.” You are throwing the expression around without seeming to understand what it really means. Pray tell me how a statement made about motorcyles is “casting aspirations” on an event. I purposly made no comment about the accident, because I am not privy to its details. Maybe, if I had said the rider was being reckless and that led to the accident, your accusation would be justifiable. I gave an opinion ABOUT MOTORCYLES, based on my experience. If you do not like it, so be it. I am not offended. Yes, of course I will reply to you: 1. It’s my post 2.I find you amusing. 🙂

• MariaMaria Angel
      MariaMaria Angel February 15, 2015 at 10:51 pm

By the by, you keep continuing to believe that a motorcycle with two wheels and only a helmet and clothes between the rider and the road, is safer than a car with four wheels, seatbelts, steel encasing etc. I respectfully disagree. ( I could say that based on how illogical I find your argument, that your mouth is also like a death trap, but unlike you, I don’t need to resort to petty and rather silly insults to get my point across. :)….)

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams February 15, 2015 at 10:59 pm

I would never know what cast aspirations mean because i said cast aspersions……to cast aspersions means to insult or attack the integrity of someone……Now i have no idea what casting aspirations mean in your context……How on earth could you quote me and still get the entire word wrong? And you expect me to take you serious? I do not insult, i simply clear up misconceptions by telling you the truth, and the truth is, you are not too smart.

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams February 15, 2015 at 11:06 pm

If you have an opinion on bikes in general, and you do not have details relating to the accident, don’t you think it is best you write your sentiments down in a diary? Why digress and comment on a topic where everyone else is offering words of well wishes? If bikes are death traps to you, never buy one, and use the roads in a manner that would never cause any one to fall or hit you- i am sure bikers would extend the same courtesy…..That was my entire point, the mere fact that you just could not keep your moot point to yourself.

Are you going to cast “aspirations ” on me now? Lolololol

• MariaMaria Angel
      MariaMaria Angel February 15, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Sweetie….so then tell me WHO I casted aspirations against when I made the comment: MOTORCYLES are death traps??? Dwl@the not too smart …I’m not the one using kindergarten insults to try to win an argument.

• MariaMaria Angel
      MariaMaria Angel February 15, 2015 at 11:15 pm

Also, 1. Everyone else isn’t offering well wishes.
      2. To make the comment that motorcycles are dangerous, about a post about a motorcycle accident isn’t digressing. ?.3.Why keep a point to myself on aSOCIAL networking site, that encourages comments? You starting to sound like Lash ley now, like you want to sue me for causing you anxiety and distress!! Btw., thank you so much for the correction. 🙂 It has been duly noted. I will “aspire” not to make such a glaring mistake again; but autocorrect happens to the best of us. Lol lol . (You seem to have a mean, bullying streak in you, though based on your comments. I guess Facebook brings out the worst in some people. )

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams February 16, 2015 at 7:50 am

Huh? Wow, I give up.

• Addison Cortlandt
      Addison Cortlandt February 16, 2015 at 8:55 am

Ryan you have the patience of a kindergarten teacher…i applaud you.

2. Miguel Carlos Jose Humphrey
    Miguel Carlos Jose Humphrey February 15, 2015 at 3:36 pm

This wont stop them from racing on the highway at night, its all about bragging rights

3. Daniel Polonis
    Daniel Polonis February 15, 2015 at 3:37 pm

was he operating like an idiot?

4. Matthew Furby Dan Spooner
    Matthew Furby Dan Spooner February 15, 2015 at 3:49 pm

here come the dumb comments smh

5. Keisha Callender
    Keisha Callender February 15, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Its true Matthew ..it must always be about speed stupse….dude could have blacked out…. You ppl always ready to be negative based on what others do smh

6. Roberta Ford
    Roberta Ford February 15, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Hope he is alright God bless

7. Ralph White
    Ralph White February 15, 2015 at 5:30 pm

They continue to run them on the highway bopping and weaving between cars at high speed. You cant even see a license plate or number.

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams February 15, 2015 at 8:29 pm

So, when a car hits, is it a car that was doing high speed too, or could it be a car that simply got in an accident because accidents do happen?

• Mhizz Forever Bless
      Mhizz Forever Bless February 15, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Well ort den Ryan Williams sometimes I does hate to read some of these comments doh always quick to judge ppl stupessssssss.

8. Adam Forester
    Adam Forester February 15, 2015 at 9:53 pm

All bikers know its part of the game

9. Keisha Callender
    Keisha Callender February 16, 2015 at 12:47 am

But Ryan I feel u should stop wasting time replying tho buddy ….continue to ride safe bro

10. Vishska Bokeesh
    Vishska Bokeesh February 16, 2015 at 7:16 am

I pray God touches him in healing anointing and restoration

11. Signori Nera
    Signori Nera February 16, 2015 at 7:57 am

Ryan Williams….You the real MVP. …hope I didn’t cast any aspirations on u lmfao

12. MhyZz Envy Johnson
    MhyZz Envy Johnson February 16, 2015 at 11:29 am

Ryan jus inhale…..exhale….keep riding safely n pray for our brothers n sisters who rides also accidents do n will always happen..hopes he recovers soon….