Update: Murder victim identified

MurderXcover

Police have confirmed that 52-year old Victor Knight is the country’s latest homicide victim.

Knight’s body was discovered around 9 this morning with stab wounds in his home at Seclusion Road, Black Rock, St Michael. His throat was also slashed.

Residents told Barbados TODAY they heard someone screaming out “murder, murder” just before midnight, but they thought it was a movie that was showing.

21 Responses to Update: Murder victim identified

1. Stacey Harris
    Stacey Harris February 2, 2015 at 1:21 pm

So d neighbours aint knw d difference between a movie & a real person sayin murder, murder.. S.M.F.H !!!

2. Krystal Alexis
    Krystal Alexis February 2, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Lol bajans always in somebody business…but when they should be they no where around

3. Krystal Alexis
    Krystal Alexis February 2, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Lmao, I’m sorry for laughing, but why holler for murder…wats wrong with “OH JESUS CHRIST!! SOMEBODY HELP! HELP!!! THEM TRYING TO KILL MUH!!!!!”

• Rob Roy
      Rob Roy February 2, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Too many words take too long fire is better

• Krystal Alexis
      Krystal Alexis February 2, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Rob roy if the neighbour thought “murder” was a movie…u dont think she woulda think the same thing with “fire”?…so again…HELP is betterz

4. Jan Keizer
    Jan Keizer February 2, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Seriously?????? Tell me where else in the world do they shout out “Murder, Murder” when something is wrong in a bajan accent? ssttiiuuppsseee

• Wayne P Hoyte
      Wayne P Hoyte February 2, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Agree

• Wayne P Hoyte
      Wayne P Hoyte February 2, 2015 at 2:15 pm

it’s true

• Jan Keizer
      Jan Keizer February 2, 2015 at 2:17 pm

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. We have to go back being our brothers’ keeper.

• Villy Scant
      Villy Scant February 2, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Even if someone did shout “murder” in jest, it would be accompanied by loud laughter. In addition, the pitch of the word “murder” differs when being said in jest or in seriousness. One should know the difference.

5. Annetta Paul
    Annetta Paul February 2, 2015 at 1:48 pm

This is so sad. During these situations people are often so scared they would just scream. It is not unusual for some people to not understand the shout of, “murder” as a cry for help. I grew up hearing people saying that when they hear a good joke. Unless you can shout out, “HELP ME” most people don’t know you need help.

6. Keiana Reid-Maynard
    Keiana Reid-Maynard February 2, 2015 at 1:52 pm

well well well r.i.p usually when somebody say murda ya expect them to b laughing not somebody getting killed

7. Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks
    Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks February 2, 2015 at 1:53 pm

In today’s world people need to more observant don’t take nothing for granted and and look out for each other, murder murder and nobody take it serious come on now, from the time I come along murder murder was always when someone was getting a beating. So wake up people

8. Valda Thompson
    Valda Thompson February 2, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Do people shout murder in movies? Just asking

9. Nita Holligan
    Nita Holligan February 2, 2015 at 2:23 pm

It is said that you should shout for FIRE instead.

10. Sade Simpson
    Sade Simpson February 2, 2015 at 2:58 pm

When I hear murder I does look out even if I gotta do it by a peep whole

11. patricia williams February 2, 2015 at 3:47 pm

I know these people it is sad that they have so much crime clock to home my condolences goes out to the family

12. Rosanne Brathwaite
    Rosanne Brathwaite February 2, 2015 at 4:23 pm

A cop once told me if I’m ever attacked don’t yell “murder” or “rape”, yell “fire”. He said people are more likely to respond if they too have something to lose.

13. BrooklynStake Shortt
    BrooklynStake Shortt February 2, 2015 at 6:58 pm

I hope they catch the coward who did this horrible crime!

14. Winston Ifill February 4, 2015 at 3:17 am

I am with a heavy heart, not only that I knew Victor, I actually work with him when I reside there. This is one cowardly act, senseless lost of a father’s life.

What is going on in Barbados, My condolences goes out to Victor’s family and may he R.I.P. I lost a good friend.