Police constable charged

A police constable has found himself on the wrong side of the law.

Thirty-eight-year old Winthea Lynch is due to appear in court today after being slapped with four charges: assault occasioning actual bodily harm, indecent assault, assault and threatening words.

Lynch, who is scheduled to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrate’s Court, is accused of committing the offences against two persons while at Woodbourne, St Philip.

26 Responses to Police constable charged

1. Michael Ess
    Michael Ess January 17, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Oh look , a crooked cop *feigned surprise*

2. Alleyna Brathwaite
    Alleyna Brathwaite January 17, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Wa bout all the rest that does do it? Charge them too

3. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce January 17, 2015 at 12:09 pm

GOOD! To Serve and Protect was revised by the moron To Serve and Brutalised.

4. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts January 17, 2015 at 12:41 pm

More want putting before the law courts. Because a lot of those policemen and policewoman especially the men got the strong belief that they are above the LAW. A lot of them are narcissist and control freaks and who are cowards and use the uniform to bully people.

• Nicksie No Regrets Clarke
      Nicksie No Regrets Clarke January 17, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Its true. Bdf men coast guard looook the whole of them. Think they can do as they like to ppl because of their jobs. Smh

5. Michelle Cheeseman
    Michelle Cheeseman January 17, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Where’s his pic tho??????

• Kim Kim
      Kim Kim January 17, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Was wondering the same thing

6. Drian Xyers
    Drian Xyers January 17, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I keep my distance from the police by not breaking the law but i know one day one of them is going to get cute and provoke me which would be a bad idea for him or her.

7. Stephen D Stewart
    Stephen D Stewart January 17, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Most police do a excellent job…I have family who are police, they are honest, hard working trustworthy people…..but the bad ones should be hauled before the courts they are just citizens like the rest of us….bear in mind we need them to deal with the bad guys…the robbers and rapist and murderers….

8. Stephen D Stewart
    Stephen D Stewart January 17, 2015 at 2:36 pm

9. Stephen D Stewart
    Stephen D Stewart January 17, 2015 at 2:36 pm

10. Poetry Dancer
    Poetry Dancer January 17, 2015 at 2:54 pm

They should join the NYPD

11. Dexter Squires
    Dexter Squires January 17, 2015 at 3:58 pm

yessss about time…jail time fa ya now

12. Janelle Marshall
    Janelle Marshall January 17, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Because a few Police Officers get charged don’t mean the entire Police force is bad. It’s amazing how people behave, and make some real hurtful remarks that are so insulting. Less we forget, should you ever need them how would you feel knowing you vomit and lick it back up. A lot of you take your personal vendettas out on the entire force. One comment on here I can clearly see its personal. What about the men and women in the force who do an excellent job, those men and women who risk their lives for you, those men and women who do their all to solve your crimes and seek justice for you. Remember let he who is without sin cast that first stone, curse the police and bear in mind after doing so, you have no right to ask them to assist you with anything, but knowing that majority of them are good people, they will assist you and have that feeling of satisfaction knowing they served their country. Who don’t like me for my comment and don’t know me, that to damn bad. Have a blessed day.

13. bernard and india walker January 17, 2015 at 4:39 pm

GET IT TOGETHER . PLEASE OR SOME COUNTRY GONNA RUN YOU PLACE. USA COULD DO THAT . SHOULD I APPLY

14. Lise Hansen
    Lise Hansen January 17, 2015 at 5:41 pm

oh my ……

15. Candace Rivera
    Candace Rivera January 17, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Drop and give me 200 push ups….

16. kay-rani rosita January 17, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Well said, Ms Marshall well said!

17. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts January 18, 2015 at 6:56 am

@Stephen D Stewart; A lot of police officers in this island believe that they are better than the average person in society like they look down on people not to mention that they treat the average citizen as thoe the person is a criminal. When they need to check internal first.

• Stephen D Stewart
      Stephen D Stewart January 18, 2015 at 9:25 am

Give most people a badge and a uniform and they think they become powerful….Goody….my cousin has been a police officer in Barbados for many years, I know he is firm but fair….love them or loathe them….we can’t do without them…

• Stephen D Stewart
      Stephen D Stewart January 18, 2015 at 9:29 am

The crooked or abusive ones need to be weeded out….if they end up in court they should expect the maximum weight of the law….simply because they have abused the trust that the public have vested in them….but most police officers on this island do a good job…

18. sunnygal January 18, 2015 at 7:22 am

yea. a bad cop whose misconduct is publicized. don’t get so hyper people. we know all jobs got their bad eggs, after all people are hired from the wider society.

good deeds of the rest aren’t played up and you forget to thank them for apprehending those criminals among us. but i see bajans like to hate teachers, policemen, lawyers, politicians and people who actually do serve a productive function in society. the real crooks they revere.

19. Trinty January 18, 2015 at 7:43 am

A good few years ago I had an incident happen which landed me before the courts. Thing is, that while at the Police Station they kept me there the whole day because if they had sent me down for booking earlier, the newspapers and cameras would have been there, and to avoid me that embarrassment they kept me st the station, sitting in an office, unsupervised ALL day. One of them even went out and bought me food and drink. Nothing ever came of the incident because it was clear someone was trying to set me up. But to this day, those Police don’t pass me, don’t care where I am. I had a family member who had a break in recently and I called up the one who booked me, he said while it’s not his jurisdiction he would get someone on it, in a matter of minutes 3 Police jeeps outside my family members house. She never got her jewelry back but an arrest was made. Even the Police we dealt with, they were instrumental in getting someone to come and put wrought iron on the windows where the guy got in. So yes, I would have to say that not all of them are bad, and we dealt with all males each time, they were never fresh or rude or made passes. Thing is, because I have tattoos when I went to booking they had to photograph my body, and he said “wait you hold on let me get a female to come an take these pictures” and although I was behind a screen he still stepped out of the room. So we shouldn’t condemn all because some of them are gutter trash.

20. Aldo January 18, 2015 at 9:35 am

To much CNN news,but barbados do have some nice police officers they are not all bad ,but it so unfortunate that the bad ones outnumbered the good ones, please send a message to these young officer’s ignorance don’t get you anyway

21. CherylrJ January 19, 2015 at 2:53 pm

To be honest I’m going with the minority here. Most of the Royal Barbados Police Force are law abiding citizens and are really nice to the populace. To me only a small amount embarrass the force.

In my opinion some of them are set up to be made to appear ‘bad’ but when the case is fully investigated the full and true story comes out.

Lets not jump to conclusions and wait for the story to be heard.

I agree that they are here to protect and to serve and yes some of them appear to be arrogant and show offs but the others are realy nice sometimes going out of their way to protect and to serve…

That’s my two cents worth…

22. Alex Alleyne January 23, 2015 at 3:19 pm

No PHOTO ? , no one is above the LAW.