Earthquake occurs off Barbados

A 3.9 magnitude earthquake was recorded 70 kilometres off Barbados last night, according to the UWI Seismic Research Centre.

The quake took place at 10:28 p.m. yesterday at latitude 12.49 north and longitude 59.76 west at a depth 24 kilometres.

The earthquake was 179 kilometres to the south east of Kingstown, St Vincent and 181 kilometres to the northeast of Scarborough, Tobago.

13 Responses to Earthquake occurs off Barbados

1. Sherry Alleyne
    Sherry Alleyne December 27, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Wow God is good

2. Primus Trr
    Primus Trr December 27, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Dawn Griffith

3. Bernard Walker
    Bernard Walker December 27, 2014 at 1:24 pm

woow

4. Mike December 27, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I was fishing last night and about 9:30 I felt the jetty moving and I thought it was me. I look alongside the jetty and conçluded it was one of the boats touching the Jetty. But it was around 9:30 pm.

5. Janelle Marshall
    Janelle Marshall December 27, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Pray and believe in God.

6. Lola De Palma
    Lola De Palma December 27, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Lord protect my little island

7. Asiba -The Buffalo Soldier December 28, 2014 at 7:57 pm

These tremors happen daily though they are not as intense as to cause real concern or damage but one feels them on a regular basis.

8. Clyde H. Phillip January 2, 2015 at 8:13 am

“…we are just dog fleas on a dog back, as in we are the fleas, and the earth is the dog…”
    A very interesting perspective, Ken Debajee…. and I agree. When the dog moves, scratches, etc. the fleas will experience dislocations. It is, therefore, important that they are firmly anchored on the dog’s back/fur lest they are thrown to other parts of/from its’ body. Similarly, it will be useful that we understand the need to provide the minimum infrastructure to minimise our disruption when the earth shakes.
    Clyde H. Phillip – President: The University Engineering Technology Fraternity.
    Visit our website: http://www.qaqc-construction.com. Click on the top right hand corner to Find out More.