Drug accused out on bail

The 55-year-old housekeeper and 28-year-old
man who were arrested after allegedly having two kilos of cocaine are now out on bail.

Joy Lorette Graham and Shane Michael McCarthy, both of Checker Hall, St Lucy, appeared in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court yesterday on charges
of trafficking and possession.

McCarthy also faced an additional charge of committing acts preparatory to supplying cocaine.

The two were arrested when the Drug Squad executed an operation in the north of the island
last Friday.

They will return to court on January 20, 2015.

Shane Michael McCarthy
Shane Michael McCarthy
DSC_0020
Joy Lorette Graham

16 Responses to Drug accused out on bail

1. Horace Boyce
    Horace Boyce October 7, 2014 at 10:07 am

SMH see a man or woman fly ya nah kno where dem get dem wings

2. Angel Blossoms
    Angel Blossoms October 7, 2014 at 10:32 am

Sad too old to be dabbling in drugs.

3. Wendy Clarke
    Wendy Clarke October 7, 2014 at 10:41 am

You know your going to get caught people in the Bim love chat your business. Get ready for some proper jail time. Cocaine is a Class A.
    #dumbass

4. Princess Tiny Neferua
    Princess Tiny Neferua October 7, 2014 at 11:10 am

If at 50 and you have nor achieve the things in life that would make your life contented..then something is seriously wrong…good luck to you..

• Princess Tiny Neferua
      Princess Tiny Neferua October 7, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Natasha Grant…… Child behave..did I send for you…..tell me what at her age she doing drugs..and hard drugs at that…..,what message you sending to the young people…..well if she’s your mom or family member…..and .if you are into drugs too…..you go take over her route…bye-fool….yeah I just judge you

• Princess Tiny Neferua
      Princess Tiny Neferua October 7, 2014 at 7:41 pm

……If 7 people are together and 1 man shot and killed someone….they will be all charge for murder…,and how you know she wasn’t…are you the family lawyer..I wrote my opinion which I’m entitle to…you’ve said you peace….now go find others in this forum to let off steam at…and remember if the blackbird fly with the pigeon he will get shoot down..and my nite will be just wonderful…..thanks

5. Angela Thompson Branch
    Angela Thompson Branch October 7, 2014 at 11:28 am

Did she even know the drugs was around I wonder.

6. Neisha Hippolyte
    Neisha Hippolyte October 7, 2014 at 11:33 am

People doing what they have to to survive. Who am I to judge

7. Horace Boyce
    Horace Boyce October 7, 2014 at 11:35 am

Do wat is rite Neisha Hippolyte

• Neisha Hippolyte
      Neisha Hippolyte October 7, 2014 at 12:16 pm

So true. But as I say who am I to judge. The struggle is hard. The government nain helping. They found a fast way to make money. I never said they were right but when u at rock bottom, thoughts go through your head. Deal with the consequences if u choose to go illegal. I don’t know their issues but I know how things are in bim at the moment

• Neisha Hippolyte
      Neisha Hippolyte October 7, 2014 at 12:16 pm

• Angel Blossoms
      Angel Blossoms October 7, 2014 at 3:13 pm

she works as a domestic.If everyone that’s struggling dabbles in cocaine we will have a nation of zombies.They are other ways to make an honest dollar.

8. Rastabeauty Daffodil
    Rastabeauty Daffodil October 7, 2014 at 11:47 am

Ppl gotta survive I wish her the best government ain’t doing nothing for poor ppl .Ya can’t judge ppl

9. Doria Alleyne
    Doria Alleyne October 7, 2014 at 11:57 am

All the people who have been taken with COCAINE ALWAYS GET BAIL but those with weed gets no bail at all.That’s not FAIR.

10. Horace Boyce
    Horace Boyce October 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm

U can tell d crackheads from their comments

11. Menace II Babylon October 8, 2014 at 6:01 am

It is sad to see people not willing to show a level of empathy or understanding as to why people offend. No one is condoning or encouraging Class A usage but to show a degree of empathy you are labeled crack heads by stiff necked fools. Well said Rasta Beauty and Neisha. Look at the Job fair that occured in relation to Sandals. Police had to be called to keep order. We do not know the fundamentals of the charge. If this is a case of Joint association or allowing your premises you own, occupy or manage to be used for the administration, usage, supply, cultivation or production of controled drugs by other people. We know not of the offense but ready to dash wood. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? It is sad to see a woman of that age brought before the courts on such a charge. Very sad.

Waddada