Christ Church man killed

A 24-year-old man is now dead after being stabbed by another man in the wee hours of this morning.

Police say Darren Browne of Coverley, Christ Church was at the Oistins Bay Gardens at around 12:30 when he got into an altercation and was stabbed under his left breast.

He ran to the Oistins Police Station where he collapsed and died outside the main gate to the front yard of the station.

No one has been arrested.

27 Responses to Christ Church man killed

1. Keisha Callender
    Keisha Callender August 30, 2014 at 3:38 pm

#20

2. Alicia Norville
    Alicia Norville August 30, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Wow! My condolences to his family…

3. Liz Forde
    Liz Forde August 30, 2014 at 3:47 pm

my gosh

4. Liz Forde
    Liz Forde August 30, 2014 at 3:47 pm

my gosh

5. Beverley Hunte-Springer
    Beverley Hunte-Springer August 30, 2014 at 3:56 pm

My God, he ain’t start to live yet.

6. Beverley Hunte-Springer
    Beverley Hunte-Springer August 30, 2014 at 3:56 pm

My God, he ain’t start to live yet.

7. Jacqueline Hope
    Jacqueline Hope August 30, 2014 at 4:01 pm

24 seems to be magic number. Almost all the people charged or killed recently was this age or close.

8. Chris Evelyn
    Chris Evelyn August 30, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Seems you can’t go no where anymore and enjoy yourself without someone causing some kind of trouble,they need to start hanging again.

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase August 31, 2014 at 1:56 am

Hanging my ass, you obviously don’t have a clue!

9. Rudeboy Humble-Davis Brathwaite
    Rudeboy Humble-Davis Brathwaite August 30, 2014 at 4:05 pm

My Condolence to his family . My God that’s horrible .

10. Perro Holloway
    Perro Holloway August 30, 2014 at 4:22 pm

You mean everyday so

11. Rickie Brown
    Rickie Brown August 30, 2014 at 4:30 pm

scary to think about what’s going on at a community fun place!!!!!!!!!

12. Sunshine Cumberbatch
    Sunshine Cumberbatch August 30, 2014 at 4:38 pm

My sympathy to his dad whom I know personally . My prays are with you peter

13. Winston Crichlow
    Winston Crichlow August 30, 2014 at 5:18 pm

We are ‘raising’ a generation of people male and female who have no regard for human life. But, when you have prominent and influential people in the country discrediting God, the Bible and the church what do you expect? We learned from the Bible and the church that life is precious because it was given by God. A lot of our children learn from TV shows and other sources where they see people being killed every day. The hurtful thing is that sometimes the person they kill was supposed to be their friend.

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase August 31, 2014 at 1:58 am

Like religion is any better !!
      The basis for the wars in the world is religion. So stfu!!

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams August 31, 2014 at 4:49 am

You mention the one thing that started war and hate and used it as the solution? Religion is poison.

• Winston Crichlow
      Winston Crichlow August 31, 2014 at 5:00 am

Ryan and Adrian, Is the world better now that we have rejected God, the Bible and the church?

• Ryan Williams
      Ryan Williams August 31, 2014 at 9:48 am

Winston, we are much better off in many ways. Yes indeed…….good thing witches are not still being burned at the stake, Scientists beheaded, similar men like Constantine destroying other logic that usurp’s the bible………yes Winston, the world is bad but still much better had all of us supported religion.

• Winston Crichlow
      Winston Crichlow August 31, 2014 at 9:58 am

and that is your opinion?

14. Sylvia Sparkle Walrond
    Sylvia Sparkle Walrond August 30, 2014 at 5:22 pm

What’s going on in Barbados seems every days someone is getting killled sad times

15. Dawn-Marie Rawlins
    Dawn-Marie Rawlins August 30, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I thought they said crime was down?

16. Carolyn Robertson
    Carolyn Robertson August 30, 2014 at 7:50 pm

My sympathy to the family

17. Primus Trr
    Primus Trr August 30, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Latoya Marshall

18. Allan B Love
    Allan B Love August 30, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Is there anything positive …Damn!!!

19. Peter Marshall
    Peter Marshall August 30, 2014 at 9:17 pm

It seems to be wonton murder – Scary

20. Ryan Williams
    Ryan Williams August 31, 2014 at 5:07 am

i have often been told that the sanctity of life is something envied by the billions who remain dead for billions and billions of years. This is the mindset of the average youth: I am forced to leave home with a weapon because i have to protect myself- what am i protecting myself from, and why do i need a gun or a knife? Well, i have this complex called pride that compels me to take another man’s life for the most trivial of things- be it inadvertently stepping on my shoe, staring at me too hard, verbally assaulting me, or just minding their own business- i have a point to prove and that point is my badness- i have to prove to others that i am not a punk, i earn my stripes by taking lives, because, who cares what anyone else says once my block buddies pat me on the back and say well done before the cops come? They have my back, provided i am not on remand, but they are my true friends, because should i be locked up, they would either come and join me, or await my reintroduction into society so we could prove our badness once again…..This crime is a reflection of an emptiness most young bajan males have- While i embraced the many options given to me when i was young, the hustle and gansta culture affords it’s soldiers with one…..survival of the fittest……..Murdering someone for any other reason other than undoubtedly fearing for your life is an act of cowardice- The true definition of showing badness is to walk away…..Now the reality cheque bounces every time you sit in your cell and reenact the event that deprived you of your freedom. i hold no remorse and wish death to anyone who undeniably takes the life of an innocent person. The intrinsic value of a life is more precious than a pair of $300.00 shoes, an intentional brush shoulder, verbal banter, any woman or man. Fill this emptiness with vision, compassion, solidarity and love.

21. jr smith August 31, 2014 at 9:47 am

What do young black people do, when they are constantly told they have no role models. Because the only group need this rubbish are the black ones.
    How the hell the young people is going to respect they elders, when, most of the elders believe ,its easier for a camel to crawl through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to enter the kingdom of whatever.
    But in the same breath pay the sum of $300,000 for some clown/ clever man to pray for barbados, to me this in itself, given thought must be very disturbing.
    Black people are so want to be, americans that the criminal behaviour, plays a very important part of they disfunctional lifes,this is now the effect in barbados, the US ways are here so bajans must deal with it.
    The only effective way to deal with the criminal elements, in barbados start one, ramdomly stop and search, which is so affective, this is somthing black people dont like, because most are caugh out,up to no good ,with lots of parents ,knowing what they kids are up to as criminals and does nothing because they lost both culture and respect , for society and the law.