Drug trafficking charges for former customs broker

A 48-year-old former customs broker is facing drug trafficking charges after the discovery of 37 pounds of compressed cannabis in an air compressor imported fromcompressor cheeseman Canada.

Joanne Cheeseman of 2nd Avenue, Melvins, Black Rock, St. Michael was detained two days ago at the Port following the joint investigation by the Drug Squad and Customs Enforcement.

She has been charged with possession of 37 pounds of cannabis, trafficking, acts preparatory to trafficking cannabis, and not having third party insurance or road tax.

Cheeseman was due to appear at the District ‘A’ Magistrate’s Court today.

Meantime, lawmen are investigating the discovery of a postal package from Jamaica containing 541 grammes of compressed cannabis.

The drug was concealed in chocolates and coffee within the package. No arrests have been made.

11 Responses to Drug trafficking charges for former customs broker

1. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood July 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Its only cannabis

• Bobby Brown
      Bobby Brown July 5, 2014 at 6:59 pm

It is against the law,when you break the law you will be dealt with.

2. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood July 5, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Oh hear we go its against the law I know but I think the law should change cannabis is a herb its been there from time I use it for medication. So chill out bobby brown don’t be so miserable I hope Barbados change the law on cannabis. Its wrong people selling I get that but its medication I would love to grow my own but I think you should try some and then you might chill out lol

• Ali Johannes
      Ali Johannes July 5, 2014 at 9:29 pm

and until the law changes, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!

3. Carib Digita
    Carib Digita July 5, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Cocaine is from a plant too. Is that ok?

4. Jane Brathwaite
    Jane Brathwaite July 6, 2014 at 12:28 am

God created some dangerous stuff this plant can get u locked up smh !

5. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood July 6, 2014 at 1:52 am

Carib digita I don’t know about cocaine I never tried it. But cannabis helps my illness I suffer gouty arthritis of the blood I’m in chronic pain my Doctor prescribes morphine for the pain now I drink herb tea a lot. I depend on dealers who grow cannabis. Herb tea helps I told my doctor I drink herb tea and he said make sure its good quality so I suppose if you don’t know about medication then ignorance is how you understand cannabis I suffer from asthma diabetes under active thyroid high blood pressure arthritis of the blood. Because its not legal I’m at risk of committing crime. And I could end up a criminal all because of ignorant people don’t understand why I use cannabis its against the law that’s all you can say I know its against the law I’m just in favour of reason to legalise it I’m entitled to my opinion but your ignorance with your comment I feel your a ignorant your the one who mention class A drugs I’m talking cannabis

6. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood July 6, 2014 at 2:13 am

I love Barbados and respect the laws but it would be sweet if cannabis was legal rum punch sunshine the best paradise in the world

7. Michelle Cheeseman
    Michelle Cheeseman July 6, 2014 at 3:29 pm

“god created some dangerous stuff this plant can get u locked up” llllllooollllloooooolllllllll

8. Craige Campbell July 7, 2014 at 3:53 am

Its so stupid locking up young people for this, crimes have victims , we care more about perception and conformity than the well being of our own citizens. How the hell are you going to lock somebody up for this type of non violent victimless crime.