Drug charges for professional athlete and others

Three men, including a professional athlete, are due to appear in court tomorrow in connection with the discovery earlier today of cannabis during drug eradication exercises in Henley, St John.

Professional athlete Everton Carlo Evelyn, 38, is facing four charges after nine cannabis plants were reportedly found under cultivation on his property and a further two pounds of loose quantity in his house.

Jamel Kerry Evelyn, 29, was also charged after lawmen say they discovered 20 seedlings under cultivation on his property, as well as three more pounds of loose quantity of cannabis.

The third person charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and cultivation of cannabis is Charles Ernest Padmore, 54. Police said they found 10 plants growing in his enclosed yard.

Additionally, 98 cannabis plants were discovered hidden in a bushy area.

14 Responses to Drug charges for professional athlete and others

1. Omar Watson
    Omar Watson June 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm

With the amount of farmers going up Dodds they should reboot the Agriculture program and help them to hone their skills.

2. Jacinta Lashley
    Jacinta Lashley June 22, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Please enough of this harassment already !!! Even NYC getting ready to legalize herb. Criminalized alcohol, cigarettes, and the blue light districts why don’t ya , just saying

• Elke Hassell
      Elke Hassell June 23, 2014 at 12:10 am

And throw in the Prescription Drugs too!!!

• Jacinta Lashley
      Jacinta Lashley June 23, 2014 at 5:09 am

Yes Elke, OxyContin: Pain Relief vs. Abuse, Md are now the new drug dealers. Mind you the doc. are prescribing this drug to seniors, and living off of them for life. My 80 year old neighbor, who even disowned her only son because of one joint is mow a certified OxyContin junkie. Head bopping, eyes bulging. I tell you if she was able, she will be out there robbing people just to get this evil drug fix on. It’s worst than crack, because you won’t expect MDs to be prescribing it.

• Jacinta Lashley
      Jacinta Lashley June 23, 2014 at 5:11 am

Beware peoples, Doctors are now legal drug dealers

OXYCONTIN THE “HILLBILLY HEROIN”

Because it reacts on the nervous system like heroin or opium, some abusers are using one brand of oxycodone painkiller, OxyContin, as a substitute for, or supplement to, street opiates like heroin.

Armed robberies of pharmacies have occurred where the robber demanded only OxyContin, not cash. In some areas, particularly the Eastern United States, OxyContin has been the drug of greatest concern to law enforcement authorities.

OxyContin, widely known as “hillbilly heroin” because of its abuse in Appalachian communities, has emerged as a major crime problem in the US. In one county, it was estimated that addiction to this drug was behind 80% of the crime.

“I didn’t think I had a ‘drug’ problem—I was buying the tablets at the chemist [drugstore]. It didn’t affect my work. I would feel a bit tired in the mornings, but nothing more. The fact that I had a problem came to a head when I took an overdose of about forty tablets and found myself in the hospital. I spent twelve weeks in the clinic conquering my addiction.” —Alex

MENTAL & PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF PAINKILLERS

Constipation
      Nausea
      Vomiting
      Dizziness
      Confusion
      Addiction
      Unconsciousness
      Respiratory depression
      Increased risk of heart attack
      Coma
      Death
      “Pretty much as long as I can remember I’ve had highs and lows. I would get easily upset by the littlest things, I would have anger outbursts, or hate someone for no reason at all. For a long while I had thought I was bipolar. I started using drugs last October to help me with my unwanted feelings. But believe it or not, it just made stuff worse! I had to now deal with my addiction and my emotional problems.” —Thomas

3. Bobby Brown
    Bobby Brown June 22, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Lock Them Up,

4. Elke Hassell
    Elke Hassell June 23, 2014 at 12:06 am

Drug Eradication !!! In the Meantime Jamaica passed a law on legalising personal possession. Yeah well …….. 50 years from now Barbados fills up the prison for that.

5. Elke Hassell
    Elke Hassell June 23, 2014 at 12:09 am

While the whole world (almost) gets ready to let go this outdated law and start to realise that Weed is really not that Kinda Drug that people here want to believe it is, Barbados is gonna stick to their guns and people will just not come here anymore period. Most tourist will flock to other shores in the Caribbean that I have no doubt about will follow the Jamaican example.

6. Jacinta Lashley
    Jacinta Lashley June 23, 2014 at 5:12 am

Beware peoples, Doctors are now legal drug dealers

OXYCONTIN THE “HILLBILLY HEROIN”

MENTAL & PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF PAINKILLERS

Constipation
    Nausea
    Vomiting
    Dizziness
    Confusion
    Addiction
    Unconsciousness
    Respiratory depression
    Increased risk of heart attack
    Coma
    Death

7. Tony Webster June 23, 2014 at 5:40 am

@Jacinta: Hi lady, Thanks for all the good advice; scientific data etc; I don’t know what you use (I use Lipton’s yellow-label stuff), but with THREE posts on this ONE topic, either you, or your computer, needs some “professional attention” also.

8. jm June 23, 2014 at 8:48 am

my God…all this over a plant?It’s a billion dollar business here in the US.Barbados!… please get in on the groung work with this.
    You can set up “smoke house hotels” there in Bim and charge a 400.00 sercharge for tourist who want to take part.They will pay it.
    Please Barbados …legalize the dump plant and set the economy
    moving forward there in Barbados and put an end to the drug violence.

9. Gregg Moseley Clarke
    Gregg Moseley Clarke June 23, 2014 at 2:12 pm

This criminalization of marijuana must stop!! Nonsense utter Nonsense…… time for a change in policy and government

10. Tony Waterman September 14, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Instead of Spending all that Taxpayer Money on a USELESS Conference in Samao, why won’t they go to HOLLAND.AMSTERDAM/THE HAGUE

11. Tony Waterman September 14, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Continued::: and discuss with Officials there how they handle their Drug related problems, with SPECIAL emphasis on how the handle CANNABIS related activity,because if this Scatter Shot approach to this problem is allowed to continue much longer, we will go broke housing and feeding all these people at Dodds.