PM now member of Queen’s Privy Council

freundelstuartalmostcameoPrime Minister Freundel Stuart is now a member of the Queen’s Privy Council, which means that he carries the title “Right Honourable”.

The UK Prime Minister’s Office announced in a press release: “The Queen has been pleased to approve that the Honourable Freundel Jerome Stuart QC, MP, be sworn of Her Majesty’s most Honourable Privy Council.”

Stuart said he is “humbled” by the elevation.

I have travelled a long distance from very humble beginnings to where I am now. I have scaled many hurdles and negotiated many potholes along the way. I have always set very high standards for myself, chosen my friends carefully, and never allowed the means by which I have lived to outdistance the ends for which I have lived. I have no regrets about those choices and would recommend them without hesitation to the young people of Barbados,” he said.

6 Responses to PM now member of Queen’s Privy Council

1. Sharmian Niel
    Sharmian Niel January 24, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Why is this “grey” man being honoured this way, when he is of such little consequence? Prince Shepheard – the oppressive British Empire is long gone and gave Barbados a good start. Get real man……For almost 50 years Bim has been the author of its own destiny. Time to find a new object to blame, isn’t it?

2. Khati D
    Khati D'Souza January 24, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I thought we were no longer part of the british colony, you mean the colony do not get out of our systems?

3. John Stevenson January 25, 2014 at 12:59 pm

What does this say for almost 50 years of being an independent country? It is a highly disappointing development and is indicative of the intellectual poverty of our legal fraternity. Their dependence on external validation has reached unprecedented and sickening levels of expression.

4. Jane Johnson
    Jane Johnson January 25, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Prince Shepherd, I don’t know what planet you on, certainly not on this one, why should he not accept the title, I think it’s an honour to be thought of in such a way, why are you attacking the British, what about the Americans, and the others, further more what are most black people doing to help themselves,? get a life.

5. Jane Johnson
    Jane Johnson January 25, 2014 at 10:52 pm

6. Princess Tiny Neferua
    Princess Tiny Neferua January 26, 2014 at 12:04 am

Now that’s he’s right…We will now hear Right Honourable speak..He .was just waiting for his papers to come in…