December 7, 2016 - Hilton spend justified Parliament today stamped its approv ... +++ December 7, 2016 - BSTU not consulted on Combermere move The Barbados Secondary Teachers Uni ... +++ December 7, 2016 - Deal breaker Prospective customs brokers are fee ... +++ December 7, 2016 - Government apologizes for sewage mess Minister of Health John Boyce today ... +++ December 7, 2016 - Come clean! A horrible stench and murky waters ... +++ December 7, 2016 - BET property sold After being on the market for more ... +++

No more Cave Shepherd for maid

courtA 41-year-old maid of Goodland, Christ Church was ordered by a magistrate today to stay away from all Cave Shepherd stores.

Sonia Alicia Durham-Gaillard went before District ‘A’ Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant, charged with stealing a brassiere valued at $168.88 from Cave Shepherd.

Durham-Gaillard pleaded not guilty. She was granted $1,500 bail and instructed to reappear on March 15, 2017.

10 Responses to No more Cave Shepherd for maid

1. Anne Ince
    Anne Ince November 29, 2016 at 3:41 am

Geez….isn’t that a bit harsh?could she not have worked it out with the store? Or is she a repeat offender ? Smh…

2. Horace Boyce
    Horace Boyce November 29, 2016 at 5:47 am

Independence round d corner am sure someplace up by d garrison want sweeping

3. Vylna Agnes George
    Vylna Agnes George November 29, 2016 at 6:25 am

I also think it is overpriced! It’s an issue I have with the entire Caribbean; items are bought for next to nothing from manufacturers, shipping cost, duty paid or other cost incurred to get them to the stores, does not justify the exorbitant markups that are put on items. X

4. Vylna Agnes George
    Vylna Agnes George November 29, 2016 at 7:37 am

Wade Forde, it’s not only in Barbados, the entire Caribbean is suffering from over pricing. X

5. Vylna Agnes George
    Vylna Agnes George November 29, 2016 at 8:24 am

Liz Richards, we don’t need to go as far as manufacturing, all that is needed is for the Islands to set up Price Commissions to cover everything imported and curb these retailers from ripping off the consumers.

I am aware of some Islands having weekly guide prices for various food items, but there has to be control over other items. It hurts me to see the prices being charged for items purchased for next to nothing out of the region, especially when bought in bulk and the insane prices locals are being asked to pay. X

6. Ossie Moore November 29, 2016 at 10:23 am

It’s a very warm climate so before using that piece; just say ” Let it all hang out”!

7. Hal Austin November 29, 2016 at 1:54 pm

This is another waste of court time by a magistrate who, in my opinion, is badly in need of proper training.
    In any case, I always try to avoid Cave Shepherd, a department store that |I believe is out of date.

8. Realist November 29, 2016 at 3:32 pm

I could understand why she sold the bra. It costs just as much as what she gets for pay. While I must state categorically that I’m against stealing of any kind and this lady didn’t born with a bra so she doesn’t need one, I’m of the opinion that this so-called caring society didn’t need to embarrass one of its own for something so small. The issue could have been handled better. Come on, don’t degrade our women and mothers like this. This paper didn’t even need to publish this either.

9. Maria November 29, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I am appalled by some of the comments. As far as I know stealing is against the law.

10. miche November 29, 2016 at 10:09 pm

I would like to see her breast.What kind of breast would cost five years in the pen