December 7, 2016 - Two remanded for Tudor Street shooting Two men charged in connection with ... +++ December 7, 2016 - Hilton spend justified Parliament today stamped its approv ... +++ December 7, 2016 - BSTU not consulted on Combermere move The Barbados Secondary Teachers Uni ... +++ December 7, 2016 - Deal breaker Prospective customs brokers are fee ... +++ December 7, 2016 - Government apologizes for sewage mess Minister of Health John Boyce today ... +++ December 7, 2016 - Come clean! A horrible stench and murky waters ... +++

Pity them, says PM Stuart

Prime Minister Freundel Stuart last evening said that people who have opted not to celebrate Barbados’ 50th golden jubilee anniversary of Independence are to be pitied.

Stuart made the remarks at the Christ Church Foundation School after artist Corol Bernadine presented him with a portrait of himself as she launched an exhibition of her paintings reflecting 50 years of Independence.

In an obvious reference to Opposition Barbados Labour Party members who have declared that they will not be celebrating the occasion because they were unhappy with the state of the nation, including the prolonged lack of running water affecting a number of parishes, Stuart said there was much for which to give thanks.

“Celebration starts with thanksgiving, and looking back over the last 50 years, I can see quite a lot to be thankful to God for, and to be thankful to the people of Barbados for”.

The Prime Minister added, “those people who were not interested in celebrating obviously do not see anything to be thankful for. We must not be angry with them.

“We must just feel sorry for them because, it means that somehow their souls have been enveloped in a kind of darkness from which I think they need to be rescued.”

Stressing that he was in a celebratory mode, Stuart said, “that is why I feel able to lead that movement for the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Barbados’ independence”.

143 Responses to Pity them, says PM Stuart

1. Gloria Springer
    Gloria Springer November 6, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Yes their should be thankful for their life but water is life o please no body should be out of water in these time you should be going forward not back

2. Kirt Jordan
    Kirt Jordan November 6, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Stupse

3. Alex Alleyne November 6, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Yard fowls, this is what it comes down to DLP vs BLP , No country in it all. Makes one wonder , What or who comes first.

4. Trevor Caddle
    Trevor Caddle November 6, 2016 at 2:52 pm

We true Bajans have nothing to celebrate, the place has gone backwards , foolish long talk politicians

5. Dan Vaughn
    Dan Vaughn November 6, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I have realized that a lot of black educated ppl especially in Bim behave as though they r white.Independence from what? No one owns the earth but the almighty

• Trevor Caddle
      Trevor Caddle November 6, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Well said Dan, utter nonsence

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Enter in his gates with thanks giving; give thanks to him and praise his name for the Lord is good and his love endures for ever; His faithfulness continues through all generations . people can speak without being disrespectful.

• Dan Vaughn
      Dan Vaughn November 6, 2016 at 8:46 pm

But that don’t mean that u have to sit back and take hardship. Quoting thevbible and don’t have the faith isn’t doing anything

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:18 pm

So sad you do not know from what at least maybe being alive ,no aches and pains eyes to see thanking the same almighty and hoping to see another day.

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Do not sit back if you sit you will stay down get up and move if you do not have faith get some by moving from where ya sitting

• Ryan Bayne
      Ryan Bayne November 7, 2016 at 12:16 am

Dan Vaughn Faith without works is dead.

6. Dan Vaughn
    Dan Vaughn November 6, 2016 at 2:58 pm

A lot of critical issues are going on in Barbados and all he does is adds insult to injury and simply don’t care

• Jennifer Cummings
      Jennifer Cummings November 6, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Agree!

• Maria Leclair Dasilva
      Maria Leclair Dasilva November 6, 2016 at 5:51 pm

The fact he does not care is what strikes me as really brutal. His words are words no one should ever hear from a PM. To see he does not have interest in wanting to deal with those who are not celebrating and are unhappy shows what a callous, cold hearted person he is, one who should never have been eligible for a position of PM. He is obviously only there to give he and his family a high living.

• Dan Vaughn
      Dan Vaughn November 6, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Can u imagine a Prime Minister speaking to the citizens like that it carries no love or sympathy.Clearly. they have more pressing issues to deal with.around de place.Come on

7. Dwayne Sealy
    Dwayne Sealy November 6, 2016 at 3:01 pm

this speech is piteous

8. Lilian Lloyd
    Lilian Lloyd November 6, 2016 at 3:02 pm

THANKFUL FOR THE LIES AND DECEIT FROM THE TWO OF YOU LARRY & MOE BAJANS WANT WATER AND THEIR INCOME TAX

9. Philip Clement
    Philip Clement November 6, 2016 at 3:03 pm

That’s all he does ,, hurl insults.
    I really wish he would go back silent.

10. Big Brown November 6, 2016 at 3:08 pm

I love my country, but for the first time in my life I no longer feel proud of it. No need to go into all the reasons here. Just take a leisurely Sunday afternoon drive from north to south or east to west.

I will celebrate our achievements as a nation, but I will certainly not be celebrating this failed government led by Freundel Stuart. Call me a yard fowl if you wish, but I know in my heart that we can do a lot better. I saw this country grow from a colonial backwater to the leading developing country in the world and I was so very proud of our people and governments over the years.

I pity Mr. Stuart actually, for his legacy will be the ruination of all that we had achieved.

I will not be around for our Centennial celebrations. I can only hope and pray that we get back on the right track and do my little part to take that first step.

• Carson C Cadogan November 6, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I would bet the last five dollars in my pocket that you are a Barbados Labour Party supporter.

• David G. Brooks November 7, 2016 at 12:11 am

Why … just because he states that our Government has failed miserable … oh, sorry, I forgot how autocratic things have become (in our Govt and Country) as in if you’re not for something then your against it. Criticism – constructive or otherwise – is not tolerated.

Independence now seems to mean authoritarian rule and any opposition/difference of opinion regardless of its authenticity is deemed offensive if not worse. Sounds a lot like the days before 1966.

11. Icenie Joseph
    Icenie Joseph November 6, 2016 at 3:09 pm

pity is such a strong insulted word be care about the words we used over people lives and used more words of encouragement .am just saying .

12. Dennis Connell
    Dennis Connell November 6, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Bunch of you will get all the pity in the world in about a year and a half.

13. Icenie Joseph
    Icenie Joseph November 6, 2016 at 3:09 pm

careful

14. Pullhead Davis
    Pullhead Davis November 6, 2016 at 3:11 pm

The way government has celebration it looks like launching of dip election campaign so why would people who don’t support government get involved in celebrations

15. Sherene Drakes-Seales
    Sherene Drakes-Seales November 6, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Truer words have never been spoken..”Their souls have been enveloped in a kind of darkness from which they need to be rescued”… Yes sir, I agree with you whole heartedly. The name of that mentioned darkness Sir, is called Freundel and Company!!!.. And YES we need to be rescued from you indeed!!

16. Seth St John
    Seth St John November 6, 2016 at 3:23 pm

What a role of shi….wait no out of respect for my fellow bajans i wont cuss….

17. David Carter
    David Carter November 6, 2016 at 3:30 pm

I am so happy for the multiple potholes in the road that keep my heart from stopping fully after a … ZR driver nearly stops it! I am so happy that I am being taught how to conserve water because after 50 yrs of independence we still can’t get it right! And above all I pity those who are so blind that they refuse to see… on the pity note.. pity next year is not 2018…

18. The Rock November 6, 2016 at 3:39 pm

I pity Stuart. What a joker

19. seagul November 6, 2016 at 3:42 pm

As human beings we can never achieve dignity and liberation until we become worthy—people of essence—people of the soul. Deeper Soul is a world which looks to the improvement of ideals amidst conflict. An endearing family had to be separated for economic reasons—so much quintessential of the Caribbean existence. Let’s do our part…..Our childrens’ heart.

20. Deva-Alexandra DeBeauvois
    Deva-Alexandra DeBeauvois November 6, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Rescue me from this Shakespearian imitation of a nightmare. .. bite me

21. Penny-Ann Waithe
    Penny-Ann Waithe November 6, 2016 at 3:54 pm

(Enveloped by darkness) are you serious tell me you’re joking ppl can’t be happy and don’t have a cent to buy a 20-25 dollar 50th pin or further a conkie because they we laid off …we are the 4th country in the world with the highest debt ratio …tell me which part of independence should we be juveal about?????

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:24 pm

That you are alive and there is hope ,not darkness can you not see after all you in want no pin you inhave the greatest pin and that is Jesus hold on to his nailed scarred hands

22. Margaret Bascombe
    Margaret Bascombe November 6, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Never let the burdens of today cause you to forget the blessings of yesterday

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 11:37 pm

That is why they would not get the blessings because spend to much time complaining

23. Elvin Brome
    Elvin Brome November 6, 2016 at 4:09 pm

When we electe the blp children will not have to pay to go to the uwi peter will get a job back at CBC all ncc workers will get their job back the ever one will get back water bp

• Levi Mayers
      Levi Mayers November 6, 2016 at 4:21 pm

u sir should sit in a corner. u have failed in your attempt at sarcasm.

• Ras Small
      Ras Small November 6, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Promise is a comfort to fools.

• Elvin Brome
      Elvin Brome November 6, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Levi so is u

• Levi Mayers
      Levi Mayers November 6, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Elvin Brome so am i what?

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Waloss cannot wait let us see the magic if their is no money now where you getting this money from what a dream

24. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock November 6, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Celebrate what!are you crazy!

25. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock November 6, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Imagine this ugly man beseeching people who’s suffering!I would not be celebrating either!

26. Michael Goodman
    Michael Goodman November 6, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Sir, your words are incredibly insensitive and insulting to the thousands of CLICO policyholders who, years ago, YOU promised would see their funds returned to them, but who must now face the 50th Anniversary of Independence in no mood or financial standing to celebrate.

• Brian Porte
      Brian Porte November 6, 2016 at 4:32 pm

How can we celebrate with someone who is throwing a party for some else with money they owe you?

• Eddy Murray
      Eddy Murray November 6, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Yo

• Cherry Amor
      Cherry Amor November 7, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Brian Porte well said

27. Daisy Suzanne King
    Daisy Suzanne King November 6, 2016 at 4:33 pm

He and the DLP have brought the darkness to this land. He should remain silent …. He has openly claimed friendship with one of … characters in the Clico affair…..He has no moral compass,… ,worst PM ever.

• Maureen Fields
      Maureen Fields November 6, 2016 at 9:41 pm

I love you!

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Being someone friend do not mean that they encourage them to do bad things judge not

• Arlene LookingGlass
      Arlene LookingGlass November 7, 2016 at 3:19 am

If he’s the worse PM why the hell you all put him in the last election?

28. Michele Antoinette
    Michele Antoinette November 6, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Someone needs to duct tape this man’s mouth please

29. Tennyson Joseph
    Tennyson Joseph November 6, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Well said Mr.PM…

30. Marty Bramble Pitt Adams
    Marty Bramble Pitt Adams November 6, 2016 at 4:47 pm

How can you celebrate when others are suffering in penury.

31. Zeus November 6, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Big Brown when we’re we on the right track

32. Joyann Hinds
    Joyann Hinds November 6, 2016 at 4:52 pm

we still under massa feet all now people in barbados wukking like kunta kente and being taxed to the ground and no end in sight nor relief for under paid workers just more damn taxes and tactics from over educated people behaving like tyrants man strupse nobody aint in no celebrating mood

33. Waiting on Elections November 6, 2016 at 4:52 pm

I don’t feel to celebrate anything either, when my fellow countrymen have no water, and our economic outlook remains negative, tuition fees at U.W. I threaten the very Barbadian spirit nurtured by our former leaders through education, garbage collection is now a thing to cause excitement rather than a norm and I can go on and on, but I am thankful also, thankful because as an undecided voter I now know I cannot trust the DLP again with my future nor the country’s future because they have messed up and keep messing up, they have to be stopped. I’m pitiful yes but not toward the Bees I have to pity myself and all the others like me who struggle to survive these harsh times.

34. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce November 6, 2016 at 4:54 pm

It’s a pity the Citizens put their faith in you and your cartoon characters colleagues broken promises.
    It’s a Pity you’re the worst Prime Minister of Barbados.
    It’s a Pity that you’re incapable of implementing any policies or make decisions to benefit the Citizens and Barbados.
    It’s a Pity ‘Heknows nothing’ until he is HIT for six.
    It’s a Pity the entire government is incompetent.
    It’s a Pity wunna ain’t got no Pride.
    The only soul enveloped in darkness is yours Freundel cause you always sleeping.
    You’re correct Freundel, Barbados need rescuing from you, your selective hearing and long talk before you sink the island.
    We waiting for you to tell us one good thing, make it two, you and Taxalot have done constructive in eight years for us to celebrate.

• Ryan Bayne
      Ryan Bayne November 7, 2016 at 12:18 am

I am Radical Bryan and I endorse your message.

35. Gloria Walrond-Herbert
    Gloria Walrond-Herbert November 6, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Stupseeee!

36. Angela Thompson Branch
    Angela Thompson Branch November 6, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Well pity ma enough to give me some money nah.

37. Elaine Vanhuis
    Elaine Vanhuis November 6, 2016 at 5:21 pm

I understand their reasoning. There are real underlying problems in Barbados that the celebration money could probably relieve some of it.

• Eddy Murray
      Eddy Murray November 6, 2016 at 8:38 pm

You in see the money out there and it is faults money circulating about the place

Cheryl Best November 7, 2016 at 12:35 am

Some a we going get some underlying health ones if we continue to take on the underlying ones in Barbados

38. Philip Matthews
    Philip Matthews November 6, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Bringing Bajans to their knees under a ton of taxes and Cutting all the benefits we had in 2007 , people without running water for months , infrastructure ignored , Credit rating of the Country always going Down costing more of the taxes paid to pay for loans that so few will benefit from . Celebrate What ?, Stress and Watching this Island degrade Under this DLP Government , I can’t even Afford to paint and repair this house because I cannot see an extra penny to save , know the Dire condition this Island’s Economy is in , And the Value of the money is At risk , I still cannot see What is Costing $8million . Still Equipment at the hospital not repaired , Celebrate What ? no hope For the Future under A lying government that lied to the people to run this Country . the Country turning 50 , big deal my backside

39. Sonia Bragg
    Sonia Bragg November 6, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Stupes

40. Tone Watts
    Tone Watts November 6, 2016 at 5:36 pm

I pity you, wait who he is, I taught Chris was the PM, Where he come from. Is he a junior Minister come out of hiding. Were my clico money? I surly celebrating 50; my 50 year old birthday, sorry I will have no fire works, I still waiting from my money from CLICO. see ya. They say every good man has a good woman behind her, I shall say no more.

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Who you pity u should know better why you use that word pity you in sound right when you going go be fifty on Independence day hope ya live to see many more stop pity people that word in sound right.

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Ya got it wrong behind every successful man there is a strong woman please don’t,say no more

• Tone Watts
      Tone Watts November 7, 2016 at 12:27 am

DLP die hard supporters, I pity u all. Plugman, who promise us our money back from CLICO not the BLP Its the DLP, may be you should have done your homework. Cherly Best, I do not want you to put words in my mouth, its my phrase ” behind every strong man is a good woman” I do not follow the crowd, may be you should say no more. Cherly Best who used the words “Pity”, may be you should read the news paper or watch CBC and then you will be able to get the fact correct, you like you have a death wish on my, meet me down Deacons Road at your convenience, set the time, and lets see who will live to see many more fool.

Cheryl Best November 7, 2016 at 12:31 am

Ya lie there have s lot of good women that have some horrible men.

• Tone Watts
      Tone Watts November 7, 2016 at 12:34 am

You like you speaking from experience. In my opinion, they should leave, life is to short to put up with horrible people, plenty of sardines in a tin.

41. Suezette Boyce-Griffith
    Suezette Boyce-Griffith November 6, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Mr pm please keep your mouth close when u are to speak u dont and boy when u do it is ugly although we know u are

42. Adrian Reid
    Adrian Reid November 6, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Boy you ugly, you ain’t the ugliest, but you ugly.

43. Cheryl Best
    Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 6:07 pm

He who walks with the wise grows wise but a companion of fools suffers harm.

44. Cheryl Best
    Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Word spoken to some should be seasoned with salt if not it lost it’s flavour and if the flavor is lost it is no use we are the salt of the earth.

45. Plugman Plugman
    Plugman Plugman November 6, 2016 at 6:21 pm

As ialways say and will keep saying it ERROL BARROW did the worst thing when he gave us FREE education he should have left us like how Grantley had us as house slaves yes prove me wrong

46. Cheryl Best
    Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Place gone backward becareful what you ask for.

47. Lauraine Clarke
    Lauraine Clarke November 6, 2016 at 6:31 pm

Hahahahaha I love you bad,Barbados is our little rock, we are a prideful people,people working and your government clip they wings, what do you expected? No wings, no wings. Where there is no vision the people perished. You need to look in the mirror, I’m talking about the man in the mirror, I’m asking him to change his thinking of other human beings.

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Wings so I thought u hand hands you asking fa wings maybe it is good that us wings clip u will have more time to thing and in the end ya may come out on top because sometimes wings doesl make ya fly go high and then ya cannot get from the height ya at sing praises to God ,sing praises.

48. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock November 6, 2016 at 6:33 pm

When i,see this ugly beast!it makes me angry!

49. Philip Clement
    Philip Clement November 6, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Announced your resignation in the morning and I bet you will see the biggest celebration of your life.

• harry turnover November 7, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Hahahaaaa !! good one Philip or better yet on the day before Independence announce to the Nation that Parliament will be dissolved and elections called in December…..that too could result in the BIGGEST celebration on any Independence Day including 30th .Nov.1966.

50. Ryan R A Charles
    Ryan R A Charles November 6, 2016 at 6:48 pm

The Prime Minister and his cabinet has taken Barbados back into the 90s. He is talking about progress……where???? He has done more damage in is 8 years than Erskine Sandiford done in 2. They are too many issues going on in this island. And even though we made it to 50 years of nationhood I believe with this government we really haven’t seen anything to “celebrate” . Its nothing wrong to say that we do not want to celebrate but not with the amount of wrong that is being done.

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 11:16 pm

You sound like u talking something you hear, in the 90s ?Wa if I right you in know Wa you saying when you born.

51. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock November 6, 2016 at 7:08 pm

All who vex when people say the truth about him and his rotten cabinet, I know that soon they days will come.

52. Puppa Weekes November 6, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Carson Sir, your days are coming quickly to an end and I sympathize with you and your nervousness on that realization. So please enjoy it while it lasts, don’t waste your final days with juvenile distractions, E.g. Morality, not supporting the celebrations etc. The majority will not be deceived this time like before, personally I had little care for politics before but was motivated to show an interest by the callous actions and condescending tone of this party. Just imagine putting an obvious additional tax on the population and trying to convince them that it isn’t because you are giving it another name, this is insulting.

• miche November 7, 2016 at 1:30 am

puppa,,It is time that you realize that you and your people must become accustomed to opposition politics for the next two elections,,,, at which point,,you may be given a trial run,,to see if you picked up anything as to how to run a country

53. Gregory Yearwood
    Gregory Yearwood November 6, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Last time i check it is a person’s right if they want to celebrate or not.

54. June Fowler
    June Fowler November 6, 2016 at 8:01 pm
      Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Weeping comes in the night but joy comes in the morning

55. T-Kay Pinx Simpson
    T-Kay Pinx Simpson November 6, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Black Donald Trump

56. Alwyn Babb
    Alwyn Babb November 6, 2016 at 8:13 pm

This is a sad tale but 50 years later they are still against independence. I wasnt there 50 years ago on that historical moment no guarantees about 50 years later. Therefore I will sieze the moment and celebrate. Yes pity those who would mislead and try to kill nationalism and a sense of pride in this country. We have been blessed in more ways than one. Thank God for 50 years

• Maureen Fields
      Maureen Fields November 6, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Yes! Satan send his blessings….this SUDDEN DESTRUCTION!

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Ugrate people they only intention is to destroy because they have no vision even though they have eyes and should see light the only thing they keep doing is seeing doom and glo

57. Eddy Murray
    Eddy Murray November 6, 2016 at 8:14 pm
  58. Eddy Murray
    Eddy Murray November 6, 2016 at 8:15 pm

In de pen dunce

59. Eddy Murray
    Eddy Murray November 6, 2016 at 8:18 pm

We scrunting every month to pay a bill and we burning money in fire works, and feting the rich.

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I in see no rich in Bridgetown when the lights turn on ya could not even get space to walk even the smallest child was celebrating I am sure some still in had water stop fooling wanna self Happy Independence Barbados

• Eddy Murray
      Eddy Murray November 6, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Why you think the rich were not There

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Because they know how to think and not talk so much

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Look and see who talking giving them ideas of how to

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Look and see who talking and giving them ideas of how to continue to treat us look around and see who doing silly things and blaming hard times how can you have hard times and do things to create harder times for our selves

60. Samantha Brathwaite
    Samantha Brathwaite November 6, 2016 at 8:35 pm

wow these comments acid doah

61. Adeleke Olaoye-Okoro November 6, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Celebration? I think the celedrations is for the rich and famous
    There is no patriotism in this country where you have so many different National Colours this does not call for a celebration it calls for a boycot Next thing we the Soldiers that took part in the Flag Raising Ceremony on night of NOVEMBER 29th 1966, and them on morning of DECEMBER 1st 1966 at the state opening of Parliament should be asked to take a part of the event they call 50th Celebration of Independence no
    we are forgotten old bags cast away as garbage

62. Sandra Madea
    Sandra Madea November 6, 2016 at 9:39 pm
  63. Cheryl Best
    Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 9:40 pm

It is Happy Inpendence Barbados not Happy Independence DLP or BLP some people spending to much time caught up in making them selves unhappay when the 50th is gone they going be still finding something to complain about try thanking God for be able to see another day as long as there is life there is hope.

64. Otis Skeete
    Otis Skeete November 6, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Y dis man face always greasy even when he in AC

65. Cheryl Best
    Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Hope we live to see it

66. Cheryl Best
    Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Cursing or insulting in going help pray works more

67. Ryan Bayne
    Ryan Bayne November 6, 2016 at 10:57 pm

May God have mercy on little Barbados.

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 11:29 pm

Where you now come from the rain had you hold up how comes you asking fa mercy now ya frighten ya went to church today.

• Ryan Bayne
      Ryan Bayne November 6, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Cheryl Best

68. Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks
    Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks November 6, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Lawd wunna well cuss the PM nuh ,he was wrong for saying those words, but any way we all going come together and celebrate. This is our country and we all are thankful in some way. Stop looking at the negative side and realized that a lot of money and businesses will benefit from the celebrations. A lot of people from all over the world will be visiting so thats business. Appreciate it

Cheryl Best November 6, 2016 at 11:56 pm

They only hear and see what they want to hear and see

Cheryl Best November 7, 2016 at 12:17 am

Check the nation today all the good news about the people coming to celebrate Independence on the back page so when people tired reading they would not get to see but I sorry cause I read from the back first some bajans waiting for a real wake up call like outside but I fa sure going help pray fa this little island.

69. Michael Turton
    Michael Turton November 7, 2016 at 12:01 am

Our day will come ……….

70. George Brathwaite
    George Brathwaite November 7, 2016 at 12:16 am

Sorry and with all due respect to the PM, the mere organisation canned it for many. I love Barbados and my father died on that day, how do you classify me Mr. PM?

71. Mia Blackman
    Mia Blackman November 7, 2016 at 12:37 am

Thts just so insultin…sigh.. When u look back too much u find urself stuck in the pass. We come from far and alotta sacrifices have been made and cuz of tht we r here today. We love Bim but not the state it in right nw. Took 50 yrs for ppl to build a nation and another set a couple to run it down.

72. Mia Blackman
    Mia Blackman November 7, 2016 at 12:39 am

To besides alotta ppl too broke to buy independence shirts and pins. Alotta ppl int gine even taste a conkie this month cuz they gine cant afford it

73. Zeus November 7, 2016 at 12:39 am

Is the issue of celebration of about what happen this year or last year…. It’s about 50 years of independence…. If this occasion had occurred three years ago complaints would have been about paying barrack or the Alexandra issue… It’s not about the current pm fate just have it that he is in the chair at this time…. We boast of being 99% literate but based on what I read here we are far from…..I can’t wait for a change of government because all our problems will be solved by the coming messiah… Sorry Mia…. Tourist will flock here because of her…. Our water problems will cease because of her… employment will shrink because of her… We will have a perfect Barbados because of her…. Wait a minute did the prison not burn under her watch…. Was edutech not under her watch…. Did she not return to Barbados saying a fishing agreement had been reach….. Barbados a fools paradise

74. miche November 7, 2016 at 1:25 am

I just want to thank the members of the opposition,for their honesty in telling the people of this nation that in all the years they spent as leaders in government,,,that they did NOTHING that is worthy of celebration…There is hope for you yet,,as we understand how hard it must have been,for you to finally admit this.

75. James Austin Bynoe
    James Austin Bynoe November 7, 2016 at 1:45 am

Got back to sleep … don’t worry we will wake you in time for the election

76. Iteebah Cadogan
    Iteebah Cadogan November 7, 2016 at 1:48 am

Wow you wan me celebrate the fact that you retrench my mother and all the #beautifybarbadosworkers my mother give 15 yrs to gov and up to now ain gt a cent and then you gin open ur mouth insulting and disrespecting ppl alllllll d time wah kinda prime minister are you tho I gin celebrate wen wanna inconsiderate pricks no longer at d helm!!!

77. Tony Webster November 7, 2016 at 4:58 am

Boy Oh Boy…er…sorry…. I mean, Your Right Excellent Honourable Sir…do you have a surprise coming!! You might say, Fifty Shades of Pity….morality…cou-cou…horse-feathers…whatever…in spades.

Keep right on, Sir…yuh on de right track…straight down into Rocky Gully…where we all here are waiting to greet you.

78. BaJan boy November 7, 2016 at 7:02 am

He is mighty and has been elevated above all people. This guy is the most condescending and arrogant clown who ever lead any country any where in the world. They have allowed our country to be downgraded affecting foreign investment. They have allowed pile ups of garbage to justify private contracts for obvious reasons and so with the water. He sits and allows the leasing of water tanks where the monthly lease is almost the same as purchasing a tank and everything has been done to stagnate our economy whilst the fat cats grow oversize and our people suffer in the process. The few who getting a few pennies will come here and try to justify the ignorance of an inept government but Bajans seem to be surely waking up. Every time he opens his mouth he insults the intelligence of our people..

79. Elliott November 7, 2016 at 7:06 am

We are thankful for our independance and the progressed that has been made over the years, but unfortunately in these latter times it looks like we are moving backwards in many ways. We need to be reawakened before it is too late.

80. Vonda November 7, 2016 at 7:44 am

We pity ourselves too that is why we cannot celebrate. What to celebrate. That we are worse off than fifty years ago. But the politicians have become millionaires. Stupes.

81. jus me November 7, 2016 at 2:33 pm

CARSON C
    LOL
    Yuh is sure a D cos yuh got 5$

82. jus me November 7, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Miss Dasilva
    Love your comments.
    HIT the nail SQUARE on the head.

Look he snarling MOUT, DISGUSTIN .
    I shame he BAJUN.

83. harry turnover November 7, 2016 at 3:15 pm

If ERROL BARROW din BREK ties wid the MUDDA COUNTRY we woulda been better off.

84. Keon November 7, 2016 at 6:40 pm

PM.. if you want to talk about something it would be wonderful to hear how you tackling the gun crime in bdos.. Or maybe what about my money that clico has? You have failed as a leader.. I will save my celebration to you are out of office. THAT would be something worth celebrating!

85. Sunshine Sunny Shine November 7, 2016 at 10:55 pm

Even if you shoot the reason into his brain that those who are not celebrating are not against the celebrations, he would still not understand. For him, his legacy must be established and he is ensuring that is. By the way thought, anyone has an idea what his legacy is?