October 21, 2016 - Teenager bamboozles England Teenage off-spinner Mehedi Hasan to ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Local weed cultivation on the rise Marijuana cultivation is on the ris ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Pollard vents on his failed UAE tour PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Kie ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Teen faces indecency charge A St George teen who was charged in ... +++ October 21, 2016 - GAIA wage dispute resolution in sight A prolonged and sometimes bitter wa ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Combermere thrash Graydon Sealy Former champions Graydon Sealy had ... +++

Wrong route

Teen admits driving without licence and insurance

courtA 19-year-old’s admission today that he had been driving without a licence “for a while now”, has landed him at HMP Dodds until Friday.

Jaquan Janeil Stoute, of Kendal Hill B, Christ Church appeared before Acting Magistrate Alliston Seale today charged with driving on Silver Hill Road, in the same parish, without a driver’s licence or insurance on October 9. He pleaded guilty.

The discovery of Stoute’s traffic violations came about after police were summoned to the scene of an accident involving the vehicle he was driving and another car.

Asked by the magistrate why he was driving without a licence, Stoute stated: “I was driving for a while now”.

“Do you understand the implications of what you have just said?” the magistrate asked.

Stoute did not reply.

Magistrate Seale then informed the young man about the danger in which he had put other road users.

“So when you tell me you have been doing that for a while now, as callous as if that is no big thing . . . you really can’t be serious. You are saying that you have been doing it for a while now does not make sense because you are still incompetent,” Seale said, as he questioned Stoute about how he had acquired the vehicle.

“Someone with a licence got the hired car for me . . . but I don’t know his name,” he claimed.

But that was yet another of the teenager’s replies that did not sit well with the magistrate.

“You are aiding and abetting the commission of an offence . . . . You are not even contrite . . . so if you are willing to take the rap, take it! You are remanded into custody until October 14.”

9 Responses to Wrong route

1. Sheryl Smith
    Sheryl Smith October 11, 2016 at 6:13 am

Goat, rope, stake, mash and whole pasture of grass.

2. Richard Braithwaite
    Richard Braithwaite October 11, 2016 at 6:29 am

Driving without a licence…!!!!
    End you in Dodds…?????
    Murderers , out on bail….?????
    Barbados judiciary system ….for all the world to look at..
    and laugh at……is a joke..!

• Richard Braithwaite
      Richard Braithwaite October 11, 2016 at 7:44 am

Sonia small…..I offer my sincere condolences to you and
      all your family….! You have my unreserved apologies to you and your family…!
      I didn’t take time out , to read all the facts…on this instance….!
      I’m so very sorry for the …
      The distress my comments may have made to you and ,
      your loved ones……..!
      But the judiciary system in Barbados….is a joke….!
      We see wee after week…..! People being ” punished ” and sent to jail for…” Nonsense “….! and unfortunately in your case…..
      The offender…..will never server ” justice in your eyes “…!
      Have the government …taken this ” subject” …of driving without a licence …..seriously …… hi
      The government have to get …Tough , on Drink Driving….
      and without licence to drive…..!
      Untill the government ..takes action…….no doubt this…nay happen

• Richard Braithwaite
      Richard Braithwaite October 11, 2016 at 7:56 am

Sonia small….can I again ….
      Say how……very sorry to you and your family for your loss….!
      I apologize unreservedly ……for my remarks …not knowing in full
      the full facts…!
      I’ve just lost my mother of 82 years in the UK……
      She lead a full life but …our loss still pains me deep..
      The government of Barbados….should take its responsibility very serious… regards…..Drink Driving……!
      And unlicenced Driving….!
      The seriousness of this fact ……should show in a custodial sentence …as would be in the UK..!
      No doubt……?a decent solicitor . Would argue otherwise …!
      Things have to change …..I’ve most lost my mother
      through natural cases ……your have lost your ” loved ones ”
      through unnatural causes …!
      I’m so sorry….!

3. harry turnover October 11, 2016 at 7:05 am

….and after those MURDERERS spend 25 to 30 years behind bars and because hanging done ,all dem murderers got to do is to walk bout wid a bible in dem hands ,talk bout how they got save and a lot a christian talk and the MERCY COMMITTEE gine let dem out for them to commit ANOTHER crime and end up back at DODDS.
    ….and when they get back there the walking bout wid bible in hand ,how they got save and the christian talk DONE.
    This is life in Barbados in 2016 and DEM ready to celebrate 50 years of INDEPENDENCE….lord have mercy !!

4. Richard Braithwaite
    Richard Braithwaite October 11, 2016 at 7:16 am
  5. kathy-Ann Clarke October 11, 2016 at 8:07 am

Oh boy!
    He is one teenager that seem not to have it right up top.
    Could have given him community work,tho.

• Hardball October 11, 2016 at 9:02 am

No, he does not deserve community work. He is the right place.
      The judge should throw the book at him. Give him five years, let him sit and think about the foolishness he did.
      Supposed he had killed or injured someone, that family would suffer, because they cant recoup any money from the insurance company to assist with their medical bills.

6. Tony Waterman October 11, 2016 at 4:30 pm

I am NOT sure why all yuh are so hard on this young Man, because he has only done what the system has ALLOWED him to do, 50 years ago we broke with the UK and became what we call INDPENDENT, but we still have all the Laws, Rules & Regulations, left over from 50 Years ago.
    Where is the person that actually rented the car, are the Polkice trying to find out who that person was, because he is MORE liable here than this young man, because he should hve said NO, and if we can prove that he was paid for this service, then it is that person who should end up at Dodds, not this young man, his sentence should be to wash and Dertail all Police Vehicles for the Next Year.
    The person who rented the vehicle for him should also get a year, but at Dodds.