December 9, 2016 - Businesses warned to keep up or die Keep up with technological changes ... +++ December 9, 2016 - Media needs to be more balanced in gender reporting The local media’s reporting on is ... +++ December 9, 2016 - BAS on board with BHTA After years of complaining about th ... +++ December 9, 2016 - Embarrassing! A top official in the hospitality s ... +++ December 9, 2016 - Industrial climate worsening, says union official The island’s largest public secto ... +++ December 9, 2016 - All clear! Worthing Beach has once again been ... +++

Pentecostal Bishop warns last days are here

General Bishop of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the West Indies (PAWI) Dr Pat Glasgow said last night that Barbados was in the throes of changing times brought on by foreign influences and the church must face up to the emerging challenges.

09-10-16xdrxpatxglasgowxx1x

Dr Pat Glasgow, Bishop of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the West Indies (PAWI).

Glasgow’s statement came as he addressed the 100th anniversary banquet and awards ceremony at the Hilton, where he told the large gathering that the Caribbean was being affected by trends that originated in North America.

“We are living in a world that is changing so fast. There is change in attitude,” he said, pointing to warnings issued by the Apostle Paul in the Bible about moral behaviour in the last days.

“In fact Paul noted in Timothy that in the last days, perilous times shall come, for men shall be lovers,” Glasgow said, adding, these are “some terrible days we are living in.

“And whereas it was perceived many years ago that those things only used to happen in New York, and then it moved to Jamaica. And of course it moved to Trinidad.

“It’s also coming in Barbados . . . It’s right here.”

The church leader went on to highlight some of the worrying developments in Barbados.

“Murder rate is going up. Drug trade, taking over.

“So change is around us.

“We cannot as a church put our heads down in the sand and say, ‘well it’s really not affecting us’. No, it’s affecting us now,” Glasgow stressed.

43 Responses to Pentecostal Bishop warns last days are here

1. Ryan Bayne
    Ryan Bayne October 9, 2016 at 10:59 pm

The book of Revelation never lies.

• Goody Smarts
      Goody Smarts October 9, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Ryan Bayne the buybull if very flawed.

• Goody Smarts
      Goody Smarts October 9, 2016 at 11:56 pm

Ryan Bayne the bible if very flawed. oopps I usually type buybull to the international audience.

2. Santini More
    Santini More October 9, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Does this mean I can stop paying my credit card bills now?

3. Seth St John
    Seth St John October 9, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Pffft i cant be the only person tired of hearing this bs. Must be a slow news day.

4. Adrian Reid
    Adrian Reid October 9, 2016 at 11:15 pm

World without end,amen

5. Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks
    Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks October 9, 2016 at 11:21 pm

Nonsense the world coming to what end. When our time is up ,that’s it, the world will continue. I am tired of these people refusing to look at reality and stop filling up gullible people head with nonsense. But he did mention some good points ,times are changing ,but the world ain’t going nowhere

6. Kevin Cave
    Kevin Cave October 9, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Wow, it’s hard to believe there are so many scoffers in this Christian nation.
    If you don’t believe in the 2nd coming, then you need not believe in any of the bible period.

• Goody Smarts
      Goody Smarts October 9, 2016 at 11:54 pm

Kevin Cave I mock you and so as you imaginary sky daddy.

• Brien King
      Brien King October 10, 2016 at 2:58 am

That picture is not HIS true identity but the one that represents my LORD GOD.

• Buddy Love
      Buddy Love October 10, 2016 at 3:05 am

600 years you’ve been waiting. …….

• Brien King
      Brien King October 10, 2016 at 3:14 am

It is not the waiting that you should focus on but that GOD is giving you a chance to do that which is right because in that time that HE states ENOUGH, all flesh will moan because they know that judgment day has arrived.

• Buddy Love
      Buddy Love October 10, 2016 at 4:32 am

The same chance he gave to all the people being tortured and killed. Innocent black children limbs hacked off in the Congo by the Belgium King? They were waiting too . You are too weak to face your reality and so hide behind a God introduced to you in 1492 by the slave masters. Yup. Until then Jesus didn’t exist to our people

• Buddy Love
      Buddy Love October 10, 2016 at 4:33 am

Innocent people are moaning all now and yet you wait. ???

• Brien King
      Brien King October 10, 2016 at 5:47 am

You fool, you don’t even know who your people really are. Do you thinks these things occur to people without reason? You are too stupid for one person, long before 1492, my kind was well aware of GOD, you people think that the white man created the bible, that same book that almost every country in this world use and force you to swear by it and up hold many of the laws there in. If people like you would only take half the time to seriously read that book, you would see that the imperfect Whiteman was not capable of writing such a book with that much knowledge in it as it is beyond him. All now none of you understands why black people ( as you call them) are killed and experimented on, and injustice occurred to etc, but I am aware of it but I would give you a hint, when brought to various countries, we understood what we were but now we think we have gotten pass that, not knowing that we still are what we came as.

• Goody Smarts
      Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 5:52 am

Brien King you are talking a whole lot of hog wash.

• Goody Smarts
      Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 5:55 am

Brien King stop talking folly bible is just a collection of other ancient manuscripts from other cultures that was put together

• Brien King
      Brien King October 10, 2016 at 5:58 am

Goody Smarts , you are what you are and I am what I am, what I state, does it bother you?
      You have been stating all manner of foolishness in this post, did it bother me ? No it did not. You often remind me of this guy.

• Goody Smarts
      Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 6:01 am

Most of the modern day bible were written by Europeans with mis-translations from other ancient languages some of which are now dead languages

• Goody Smarts
      Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 6:08 am

Buddy Love God was talk about long before 1492 in Africa. Yes White-man went to Africa and use his version of God to the Africans while plundering that continent and hording slaves with the help of some of the African kings and queens of that era.

• Brien King
      Brien King October 10, 2016 at 6:14 am

Your history did not teach you who those people you call Africans truly were. Again, you just bought what the white man taught you to get your certificate, no wonder it was stated that they profess to be wise but they are fools, look enough of this, I stated my point, carry on.

• Ashanda Coward
      Ashanda Coward October 10, 2016 at 6:46 am

Hahaha you go Brien King he knows nothing all he knows is what he follows as he say the christians follow. Dont worry every knee shall bow and tongue confess Jesus is Lord.

• Kevin Cave
      Kevin Cave October 10, 2016 at 7:08 am

Smh, if only you had a clue.

I’m not some religious nut, I have a very critical mind, so what I believe in is real.

You guys get your information from propagated sources and think you have knowledge, but if you really did some research you would realize that the same people that you are taught by are the same one that have infiltrated the religions of the world especially Christianity.

But that kind of knowledge takes too much focus and time, which no simple mind has.

7. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts October 9, 2016 at 11:36 pm

Look at all of these religious delusional people under one roof.

8. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts October 9, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Well you’ll people in that building there should just disappear so as to make room for the real thinkers.

9. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts October 9, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Yes this earth and most of the planets in close proximity will be coming to an end but in about another 5billion years or so, by then most life on this planet maybe establish somewhere else in the universe. Science and technology are advancing at a tremendous rate

10. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 12:01 am

Right right that’s me.

11. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 12:04 am

So true

12. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 12:08 am
  13. Phil October 10, 2016 at 12:17 am

Then he gon get on he private jet and fly off to another money giving country. I can’t believe there was such a large gathering of hypocrites under one roof. I went to one o’dem church one Sunday morning. I accidentally raised my hand and before I knew it, I was ushered into a back room where they were supposed to pray for me. The first thing they asked me was if me and my wife were getting along. I told them we were celebrating 40 years of wonderful marriage. They tried to convince me that she was horning me, and my children were on drugs and alcohol. I decided to play along and they invited me to join the church but first I had to show them my monthly pay slip so they can verify that I pay them exact 10% in tithes. Needless to say I never went back. They deemed me a good friend of Satan. Guess I’ll see a lot of them in the fire hole.

14. Sheldine Dyall
    Sheldine Dyall October 10, 2016 at 12:18 am

I am not aware the pasture is God, to predict the end

15. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 12:21 am

If the Christians could get WWIII to start they would be happy, because that would indicate to them that their delusional belief system is coming true.

16. Goody Smarts
    Goody Smarts October 10, 2016 at 12:34 am

Christianity makes Extraordinary claims that require extraordinary evidence. And using The Bible cannot in no way provide factual evidence.

17. Cherylann Bourne-Hayes
    Cherylann Bourne-Hayes October 10, 2016 at 4:52 am

Been hearing that forever.

18. BoboTheClown October 10, 2016 at 8:10 am

All the fools and foolish talk by many of the above non-believers should be treated by the wise as just that Foolish talk. If tonight there is a loud clap of Thunder or a devastating Earth Quake ,or just an earthquake that shakes too violently ,those same people are usually the first to as the same God of whom the Bible speak to save them ;To have mercy on them.
    Something unusual happens ,they are scared stiff. Afraid of Thunder, afraid of lightning, afraid of Storms ,afraid of death, afraid that what they’ve heard throughout their lives about the Bible and the second coming is about to happen.By then alas it will be too late. The good book has said let him that have ears let him hear. Many laugh at Noah when he was building that big and for some unsightly Ark. The laughing stopped when the rains didn’t .Maybe the Naysayers,won’t even have time for a last laugh.
    There is nothing to loose by believing the words and teachings in the Bible as some believe are fables,but there is plenty to gain , if the teachings are adhered to and practiced, and we one day found that our efforts to live accordingly were not in vain.

19. Winslow Brome October 10, 2016 at 8:35 am

For the ppl who dont believe in Him ,who made this universe,certainly not a man or big bang.I can see that some of you dont fear him. you dont cause you want to live your live according to the world.To the lady that said he was coming forever
    A thousand years in the sight of man is but a day in the sight of the almighty

;

20. Phil October 10, 2016 at 8:53 am

For God so love the world that he sends earthquakes, tsunamis, snow storms, tornados, fire storms, flash flooding and the whole lot. then in the end, he pelt one big ass burning rock called an asteroid to destroy the whole earth and end everything. Now this is the same God that created everything. Why will he destroy it if he loves us so much? The Bible was written by man 3500 years ago based on events and their interpretations of those events. It was fabricated to entrap, enslave and control the human mind. Pray tell me where was God 67.5 million years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth? In that bible he said Thow shalt have no other God but me. Doesn’t that mean that there are other Gods? and he’s being possessive?

21. Walter Prescod October 10, 2016 at 9:16 am

Here we go again, another one of tthese preachers useing
    his beliefs to controle and scare people.
    My question is as we learn our history, history of the black man
    the only thing the slave masters left us is the bible, we were killed if the found out that we could read and write. And they used this book as the reason why.

Read 1 Timothy 2:11.12
    1Corinthians 14:34.35
    1 Timothy 2: 9

22. Alex Alleyne October 10, 2016 at 10:23 am

What Barbados need is a “Special Squad” with in the RBPF to deal with those “punks” on our streets.
    I have come to this point.,,,,,,,Sad but true.

23. jrsmith October 10, 2016 at 10:27 am

Well I must give a clap to our brothers and sisters for the manufacturing of hundreds of religious movements , the only thing which the new generation of the past slave master was given and put in place to control black people… this which is now used by certain people in control…

This place call heaven is very confusing for black people, its used by the white people to hide they fortunes and the real name is haven..
    @, Goody S, hail ,hail , must add , ( Bishop Tutu) said the white man went to Africa said to the black man lets pray , when they open they eyes the white man had the gold, diamonds and the land , the black had the bible…no one never challenge him for this comment…..
    Where was God and Jesus during the centuries of slavery, the bible has never condemn slavery neither no real history of our black people , as like slavery everything in the bible is as favour to the white man….
    This is where we are at, a mixed class in London with almost 25 kids ages over 11 years old , was ask to name 2 famous black people ,a white kid said (Nelson Mandela and Mohamed Alli ) a black kid said how could they be famous they names is not in the bible….
    The end of the world is neigh the people who should worry is the very rich pastors , because the bible said , its easier for a camel to past through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven , but wait the rich man have a chance because with his wealth he can make a needle big enough for the camel to jump through.. amen..

24. Harry October 10, 2016 at 7:24 pm

For a supposedly Christian Country I am amazed to read some of the comments here, makes me realize that we are christian in name only. Again it makes me realize that that free education has been wasted in this country. I am also aware that all that come in God’s name are not righteous.

25. Dave October 10, 2016 at 11:55 pm

We have become so anti-Bible that we ignore what the scientists are saying: the earth is disintegrating. The sun will eventually die out, e.t.c. There is absolutely nothing ill in saying these are the last days.