Tragic triangle

A man is in police custody assisting with investigations into this island’s latest violent death.

Lawmen are yet to reveal the identity of the suspect in what appears to be a love triangle gone sour, also involving the victim and the woman who is the mother of the suspect’s four-year-old son.

Barbados TODAY investigations  revealed that the suspect resides in Welchman Hall, St Thomas, not far from the scene of the deadly incident.

However, all that police would say so far was that investigations were continuing into the unnatural death of 40-year-old Ryan Alexander Archer of Thompson Road, Fitts Village, St James which occurred around 1:20 a.m. on Wednesday.

Archer became the latest victim of  violence after he succumbed to multiple stab wounds to his upper torso following an altercation with another man in Allen View, St Thomas.

When a team from Barbados TODAY visited the scene Wednesday, Archer’s companion, Crystal Yearwood, was too distraught to speak, as she reclined in a chair weeping quietly and shaking uncontrollably as her four-year-old son, Nazari Yearwood slept at the foot of the chair.

Krystal Yearwood
Crystal Yearwood

However, Crystal’s 79 year-old grandmother Thelma Yearwood, who lives next door to site of the tragic event, was in a better mood to talk.

Thelma Yearwood
Thelma Yearwood

Pointing out that she was still trying to overcome the grief of her husband’s death a mere two months ago, Yearwood said: “I do not know what went on with the two of them. I was in my bed sleeping. When I awoke all I saw was a dead man. I know nothing more. My husband died two months now, September 4 is two months and I am trying to get over it. My blood pressure is up and I am asking the Lord to hold me up. The enemy has come to steal, he has come to kill and he has come to destroy, but I am asking the Lord to take over and strengthen me through these trials. These are trying times and I am asking him to help me. I am very hurt, very sorry and everything is weighing heavily on me.”

Ricardo Thompson of Allen View, St Thomas, the father of 12 and eight year olds, from an earlier relationship with Crystal, said he was unaware of this morning’s incident, but described his former companion as a nice person.

Ricardo Thompson
Ricardo Thompson

Meanwhile, when Barbados TODAY visited Archer’s home at Thompson Road, Fitts Village, St James Wednesday morning, neither his wife nor his mother-in-law was willing to comment on his death, which follows closely on the heels of the murder last Thursday of 46-year-old Ricardo Bryan of Retreat Terrace, Black Rock, St Michael, who was gunned down by three men as he was about to enter Lucky Horseshoe Saloon and Steak House in Warrens, St Michael.

nevilleclarke@barbadostoday.bb

9 Responses to Tragic triangle

1. BaJan boy September 8, 2016 at 8:16 am

This very clear and quite precise. You guys just don’t want to accept the facts or wunnah just dumb. A man kill a man who got a woman that he had and the man that dead is married and his family refuse to talk. Quite sensibly. Don’t know what is so hard to understand. If wunnah can’t read don’t blame it on the reporter.

2. Antionette Francis September 8, 2016 at 9:49 am

No need to blame the reporter if u don’t have no understanding u mean he should send u a video of what took place for u to understand. stupeeeeeeee.

3. kathy-Ann Clarke September 8, 2016 at 9:49 am

Wow. Hmmm. having an extra marital relationship. Hmmm. Oh boy.

4. jrsmith September 8, 2016 at 2:29 pm

As I said before what is happening on our island , every where mothers with 5 to 10 kids no fathers, and lots of married fathers just going around causing havoc getting these women pregnant and show no real concern whether the kids is fed or not and they simply crawl back home to they wives..

All we see is baby factories and then we hear how the kids are suffering , I am just airing my views the reporting may be confuse but bad reporting is not a crime , the crime here is murder , here we go again families crying and hurting this hurt never ceases , but if people think its easier to settle they differences by murdering the opposition how frightening our societies have become..

Severe punishment for murders must be immediately put in place to try seeing if we could at lease put a break on this madness.. but who do we expect to enforce any law when no one really show concern for our bajan people…

5. harry turnover September 8, 2016 at 3:54 pm

What about this story people can’t get understand ? the woman had a married man. Crystal preferred a married to a single man.
    The deceased man wife must be saying ” it serve he right…he en had na right dey “

6. W.Siwel September 8, 2016 at 4:44 pm

she probably didn’t know he was married.

7. stadia September 8, 2016 at 7:10 pm

wow, i also had to read this article several times ,was a bit lost but now i can see the reporter was being respectful by not pointing out the obvious ,so apparently the young lady knew both male parties and allegedly had some sort of relations with both, (who knows) ,and while one of them was in the company of her home in the early morning (hmm) he was tragically killed by the other male party (you can come to your own conclusion why ) leaving behind a wife and child /children to buried his sorry ass, the i am innocent till i am proven guility suspect is in prison , the grandmother just lost the love of her life cant be bothered with grand daughter mess (probably tried talking to her sorry ass as well ) and the wife of the deceased cant bring her self to comment because of the disgrace this mess has bestowed upon her family (if i was her i wouldn’t comment either)now to why i really comment , i usually just read pass judgment in the comfort of my own home to my self but i can no longer just sit back and keep allowing grown ass persons refer to a child are children as KID/ KIDS ……………. definition baby goat so jrsmith, when i read a comment such as yours in whom i agree with , when it comes to words such as KIDS i find it hard to take your opinion so seriously because such a mistake whilst trying to leave an intellectual opinion/comment is inexcusable in my humble opinion , i would really just like it if majority of my fellow barbadians would stop saying KID/KIDS.

8. BoboTheClown September 9, 2016 at 10:42 pm

The essence of the story is about murder. Reporting,or reporters has nothing to answer for, it is so ignorant to hear or see people trying to blame a reporter like if the reporter is the culprit .
    Malicious bajans have always been maliscious,and just like gossip from any source. A few of the above fits that bill.

9. Consun bout dem September 10, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I feel for our nation’s babies who have to face the school system with no clear identity of self. I notice that in the system.social Studies, some children describe their nuclear family as mother and siblings. Students are so confused And the sad part is there aren’t anyone protecting the innocent from society anymore. The innate behaviours kick in and we in trouble. If we don’t like church, I think you should read your Bible and prayer every day. At least that would be start and if we have a problem with too much reading perhaps the book of exodus would inspire you.