October 24, 2016 - Police probe death at Golden Ridge, St George Police are investigating the sudden ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Possible funding for NGOs The Division of Economic Affairs ha ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++

Tragic triangle

A man is in police custody assisting with investigations into this island’s latest violent death.

Lawmen are yet to reveal the identity of the suspect in what appears to be a love triangle gone sour, also involving the victim and the woman who is the mother of the suspect’s four-year-old son.

Barbados TODAY investigations  revealed that the suspect resides in Welchman Hall, St Thomas, not far from the scene of the deadly incident.

However, all that police would say so far was that investigations were continuing into the unnatural death of 40-year-old Ryan Alexander Archer of Thompson Road, Fitts Village, St James which occurred around 1:20 a.m. on Wednesday.

Archer became the latest victim of  violence after he succumbed to multiple stab wounds to his upper torso following an altercation with another man in Allen View, St Thomas.

When a team from Barbados TODAY visited the scene Wednesday, Archer’s companion, Crystal Yearwood, was too distraught to speak, as she reclined in a chair weeping quietly and shaking uncontrollably as her four-year-old son, Nazari Yearwood slept at the foot of the chair.

Krystal Yearwood

Crystal Yearwood

However, Crystal’s 79 year-old grandmother Thelma Yearwood, who lives next door to site of the tragic event, was in a better mood to talk.

Thelma Yearwood

Thelma Yearwood

Pointing out that she was still trying to overcome the grief of her husband’s death a mere two months ago, Yearwood said: “I do not know what went on with the two of them. I was in my bed sleeping. When I awoke all I saw was a dead man. I know nothing more. My husband died two months now, September 4 is two months and I am trying to get over it. My blood pressure is up and I am asking the Lord to hold me up. The enemy has come to steal, he has come to kill and he has come to destroy, but I am asking the Lord to take over and strengthen me through these trials. These are trying times and I am asking him to help me. I am very hurt, very sorry and everything is weighing heavily on me.”

Ricardo Thompson of Allen View, St Thomas, the father of 12 and eight year olds, from an earlier relationship with Crystal, said he was unaware of this morning’s incident, but described his former companion as a nice person.

Ricardo Thompson

Ricardo Thompson

Meanwhile, when Barbados TODAY visited Archer’s home at Thompson Road, Fitts Village, St James Wednesday morning, neither his wife nor his mother-in-law was willing to comment on his death, which follows closely on the heels of the murder last Thursday of 46-year-old Ricardo Bryan of Retreat Terrace, Black Rock, St Michael, who was gunned down by three men as he was about to enter Lucky Horseshoe Saloon and Steak House in Warrens, St Michael.

9 Responses to Tragic triangle

1. Sue Donym September 8, 2016 at 7:14 am

This came across as an intrusive, distasteful, disjointed attempt at journalism.

2. The Negrocrat September 8, 2016 at 7:57 am

What is this?
    I find it very difficult to follow this story.
    Am I to assume that the reporters are on strike.

3. BaJan boy September 8, 2016 at 8:16 am

This very clear and quite precise. You guys just don’t want to accept the facts or wunnah just dumb. A man kill a man who got a woman that he had and the man that dead is married and his family refuse to talk. Quite sensibly. Don’t know what is so hard to understand. If wunnah can’t read don’t blame it on the reporter.

4. Karen September 8, 2016 at 8:48 am

This reporting is very confusing get proper journalist, reporters whatever but please don’t let persons like myself have to read the story 3 times still not understanding the story.
    why print about the murder in Lucky Horseshoe carpark there is no relation to this stabbing death.
    very poor Barbados Today

5. Antionette Francis September 8, 2016 at 9:49 am

No need to blame the reporter if u don’t have no understanding u mean he should send u a video of what took place for u to understand. stupeeeeeeee.

6. kathy-Ann Clarke September 8, 2016 at 9:49 am

Wow. Hmmm. having an extra marital relationship. Hmmm. Oh boy.

7. jrsmith September 8, 2016 at 2:29 pm

As I said before what is happening on our island , every where mothers with 5 to 10 kids no fathers, and lots of married fathers just going around causing havoc getting these women pregnant and show no real concern whether the kids is fed or not and they simply crawl back home to they wives..

All we see is baby factories and then we hear how the kids are suffering , I am just airing my views the reporting may be confuse but bad reporting is not a crime , the crime here is murder , here we go again families crying and hurting this hurt never ceases , but if people think its easier to settle they differences by murdering the opposition how frightening our societies have become..

Severe punishment for murders must be immediately put in place to try seeing if we could at lease put a break on this madness.. but who do we expect to enforce any law when no one really show concern for our bajan people…

8. harry turnover September 8, 2016 at 3:54 pm

What about this story people can’t get understand ? the woman had a married man. Crystal preferred a married to a single man.
    The deceased man wife must be saying ” it serve he right…he en had na right dey “

9. BoboTheClown September 9, 2016 at 10:42 pm

The essence of the story is about murder. Reporting,or reporters has nothing to answer for, it is so ignorant to hear or see people trying to blame a reporter like if the reporter is the culprit .
    Malicious bajans have always been maliscious,and just like gossip from any source. A few of the above fits that bill.