October 22, 2016 - Burst main near Springer Memorial A crew from the Barbados Water Aut ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Helping Haiti The Help Haiti Today Radiothon, has ... +++ October 22, 2016 - St James man nursing stab wounds One woman is assisting police with ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Teen remanded Eighteen-year-old Adam Harris of En ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Police probe Wildey fire Police are investigating a fire whi ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Intrigue among Barbados Pride With the start of the 2016-17 West ... +++

Pastor urges support for PM

Barbadians have been urged to support Prime Minister Freundel Stuart as he wrestles with the myriad social and economic problems confronting the nation.

Pastor of the Empowered International Ministries, Roger Husbands, made this call this morning while delivering the sermon at the 61st Annual Conference of the Democratic Labour Party at the party headquarters, on George Street, St Michael.

Saying that it was God’s will that Stuart was able to assume the office of Prime Minister, Husbands called on all Barbadians to join with Stuart in enhancing the quality of life of Barbadians.

Pastor Roger Husbands urged the country to support Prime Minister Stuart.

“God chose the DLP to be the government at this time because he knew what he was doing. God did not place anyone else at the helm of Government because he knew that person could not handle the situation.

“You voted in the DLP in 2008 and as soon as you did not get what you wanted you started complaining.  If you voted for a leader you must continue to show support for him come what may,” Husbands said.

Issuing a word of caution to DLP members and supporters Husbands warned that more harm can be done to an institution by insiders than those on the outside.

“You cannot defeat the opposition by fighting among yourselves. You must choose people who are willing to pursue the vision you hold,” he stated.

Members of the congregation at this morning’s service.

Arguing that Stuart’s reticence in some cases is a sign of discipline, Husbands pointed out that when a leader does not respond immediately to every situation his opponents would not know what he is thinking and plan a response.

“Stuart’s detractors want him to get involved in every minor squabble thereby exposing himself to misinterpretation and further controversy.”

He also referred to criticism about the island’s economy, pointing out that the situation could not be as bad as it is made out to be when two fast food chains have announced plans to open two new restaurants.

“Businessmen do not spend money without ensuring a return on their investments. The mere fact that these restaurant chains are about to make such investments is a clear indication there is a market for the products,” Husbands said.

He also supported calls for Barbadians to be more self-reliant as the country enters the next 50 years of independence, and suggested that citizens rid themselves of a sense of entitlement to hand-outs.  (NC)

58 Responses to Pastor urges support for PM

1. Danny Colombian Clarke
    Danny Colombian Clarke August 21, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Hopefully your flock is not made up of all lost sheep

• Ras Unjay
      Ras Unjay August 21, 2016 at 2:50 pm

so politics will make you cuss de pastor,well.well.

• Danny Colombian Clarke
      Danny Colombian Clarke August 21, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Yep . If you so blind that you see a curse word anywhere in my comment By the way you of all ppl should know Barbados full of fake prophets . He ain’t no better than d rest. Hope u was at service this morning. I cuss d pope daily . I don’t reserve any special places for anyone regardless of their title or fake title. You never wonder how he get a multi million dollar church so fast and they got lil small churches bout the place that falling down n leaking bad . Hope you put in a crispy $100 in d envelope .lol

• Danny Colombian Clarke
      Danny Colombian Clarke August 21, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Going leave this one with you Ras cause I know you got to be very technical with you. Any day I am a member of a church and the pastor try to influence me where to case my vote regardless of B or D he won’t see me again . Same goes for the work place . My 4 children can all vote and I never tell them who to vote for , neither did I ask them if they vote or for who . It’s a persons personal business who he votes for and no one should influence that . Full Stop

2. Marva Lashley-Todd
    Marva Lashley-Todd August 21, 2016 at 2:48 pm

no me digas

3. Lilian Lloyd
    Lilian Lloyd August 21, 2016 at 2:59 pm

4. Lilian Lloyd
    Lilian Lloyd August 21, 2016 at 3:08 pm

5. Julia Robinson
    Julia Robinson August 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Dr. D. come home…NY missing you.

6. Natalia Reid
    Natalia Reid August 21, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Mr Husbands, please don’t bring God into what the DLP is doing to this country, please and thanks…

7. Francis McClean
    Francis McClean August 21, 2016 at 3:34 pm

“. If you voted for a leader you must continue to show support for him come what may,” Husbands said.” Lord have mercy. I dun

8. jrsmith August 21, 2016 at 3:45 pm

God choose the DLP to be government at this time because he knew what he was doing. God did not place anyone else at the helm of Government because he knew that person could not handle the situation.. its about time you religions pay taxes and you wouldn’t talk so much crap, is this God the same God who allow our black fore parents to suffer centuries of slavery. he didn’t choose very well did he.

• Coralita August 21, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Here we go again!!!

You got some serious personal issues, go and get some help and stop spewing your nonsense in the blogs all the time so.

No one in here cares that you are an atheist, so stop concerning yourself with who believe in God. It is none of your business what people believe, that’s their right just as it is yours to be an atheist. I don’t see anyone attacking you for your beliefs and each time someone mentions God you go berserk about slavery, go and learn some respect. Do you and let others do them.

You come over as a very miserable, fretful, disgruntled, unhappy person. I cannot call to mind ever reading anything positive in anything you ever wrote and that is so so sad. “What is in you will eventually speak for you.” Your blogs say who you are.

There are times when you have to be critical of someone’s action(s) but there are also times that you praise or encourage something in a positive way and you don’t seem to possess that quality.

9. Santini More
    Santini More August 21, 2016 at 3:52 pm

I support this PM & will happily support him when he calls the election so that I can support him into retirement.

10. Jada Phenix
    Jada Phenix August 21, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Pastor today Sunday but that doesn’t bother me…getting block by this page does because of excessive bad language! You want me support the prime minister!

11. Angus Benn
    Angus Benn August 21, 2016 at 4:31 pm

12. Winnie Meade
    Winnie Meade August 21, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Why you think i stop going yo church some of the preist and pastor dont preach god word they what day do is to talk what they should not put father forgive them they dont know your word the only thing they know is money i know you are not a sleep

• Danny Colombian Clarke
      Danny Colombian Clarke August 21, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Same thing with me Winnie . I see a pastor already tell ppl that they ain’t put in enough in the collection . And he driving a big car . I should go hungry and he eating steak ? Wait fa it

• Winnie Meade
      Winnie Meade August 21, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Danny colombian clarke hi was at a hair dresser we wher talking this lady live in the usa she come home for holiday she say that she whent to this churse for a while she right a check you know they phone her and tell her that the $50 she give was not enough she say i am comming she take back that check and right another one she put i give what i can 00000

• Jada Phenix
      Jada Phenix August 21, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Hahaha are you serious Danny Colombian Clarke

• Jada Phenix
      Jada Phenix August 21, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Oh lord you lying Winnie Meade hahaha

• Alison Branch
      Alison Branch August 22, 2016 at 1:31 pm

13. Michelle Griffith
    Michelle Griffith August 21, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Okay As you said it was God’s will that Stuart assume office as Prime Minister of Barbados but it was not God’s will for him too remain dormant and give him ministers free reign to run a country further into the ground .

14. Lynda Bonnett
    Lynda Bonnett August 21, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Pastors should “NEVER’ be political, they should be neutral and preach the word of GOD

15. Joy Waldron
    Joy Waldron August 21, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Look that article had me laughing so bad I couldn’t finish reading that foolishness.
    Which God put him there? ?
    What is church coming to now??

16. Brien King
    Brien King August 21, 2016 at 5:34 pm
  17. Lauraine Clarke
    Lauraine Clarke August 21, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Even in church the politician got the pastor in they back pocket. Where there is no vision the people perished.pastor preached God’s words to his sheep.

18. Maria Leclair Dasilva
    Maria Leclair Dasilva August 21, 2016 at 6:30 pm
  19. Louise King
    Louise King August 21, 2016 at 7:14 pm

I agree with P M Not with Paster — look in word PARASITES AND TELL MEE IF YE SEE A PASTER IS A Parasite—-a bearer of Saint peter spirits [ words ] Saints is Satan –Christians– God Bless

20. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce August 21, 2016 at 7:46 pm
  21. Rosanna Lewis
    Rosanna Lewis August 21, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Probably the good pastor did economics and realized the downfall the country will have if we continue to have an aging population that cannot maintain the social security funds. And he is using his position to reinforce the word which says be fruitful and multiply. Just saying.

22. Ryan Bayne
    Ryan Bayne August 21, 2016 at 8:26 pm

I know the Bible says we must love our enemies but this one is too unbearable

23. Leroy August 21, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Never heard a pastor talk so much crap, Pastor Husbands really? ‘God chose the DLP’, so in all actions of man(general elections)are we to attribute it to Gods action and totally absolved mans freedom of choice? How about when a 12 year old blows up himself and 50 others, did God decide that too?

Pastor Roger Husbands, I really dont get how sensible people in society can sit and listen to such utter nonsense, but I just realised your audience DLP annual conference.

These people are leading us,,i feel so bad and shame.

24. Sean R Gittens
    Sean R Gittens August 21, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Big Man!!!! You better off urging support for Christ… Cause we need some devine intervention or miracle…

25. Joan Wickham
    Joan Wickham August 21, 2016 at 10:07 pm
  26. BaJan boy August 21, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Husbands is just as much clown as Freundel Stuart cause Stuart cares nothing about bajans. Stuart getting the big salary he never accustomed to and now living. If he was lazy when he was hungry and scrunting and never had the ambition to work and make money just imagine now he living in style.

27. Phil August 22, 2016 at 12:42 am

I have a question for all you religious people. It was asked but no one can answer it. now, given the vastness of our Galaxy, our solar system is liken to the size of a single grain of sand in all the world’s beaches and deserts put together, and our Galaxy is the same compared to our universe, and our universe is part of the multiverse which consists of trillions of universes. All supposedly made by God right? So, If God made all this, Who or what made God? does he have a greater God? Did he just materialized? Don’t quote the bible. That book is a compendium of historical events written just about three thousand years ago by men who were highly respected and who interpreted these events to their own whims and fancies. This bible was really written to entrap and enslave the human mind. Where was God 67 million years ago when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. and explain this…/ For God so loved the world, that he sends tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanos, tsunamis wild fires and the whole lot, then finally he will send one big ass rock call an asteroid to destroy his wonderful creation. I challenge anyone, priest and pastor to answer that and back it up with absolute proof.

28. Sunshine Sunny Shine August 22, 2016 at 3:40 am

What divine revelation did you received that spoke to your spirit that the Prime Minister, the same Prime Minister who addresses Barbados indirectly through branch meetings, the same Prime Minister who has provided substantial proof that his words cannot be trusted, the same Prime Minister that behaves like he is an island, the same Prime Minister that believes know one can interpret his subliminal insults, the same Prime Minister that remain silent for 7 years until waking up to give a Press Conference for the first time only because elections draw near, the same Prime Minister that can find time to entertain repeat visitors, and other important persons, but could not find time to visit the White Hill situation as a sign of compassion for their pleas, or those communities who were out of water for months. You want support for a PM who relishes more in his ability to pomperset and behave bombastic without a care of who is intepreting his actions. Yet you got the caul to intepret Stuarts reticence as a sign of discipline? What would you call his other displays, piety? You Pastors, so called men of the cloth, prophetic holy men, and spoke persons for things religious are absolutely a bewilderment.

29. jrsmith August 22, 2016 at 5:39 am

@,Corilita , hail, hail , they we see 50 blobs , you are attacking me , do I really care what people like you think of me (NO). I always had a good life as I am rolling towards 80 something, yes you would get more knowledge reading the ( Which Magazine ) than the bible.. I hope you read (Phil) blob.. I gave last year (£ 5000 ) to seven charities .. thats how I feel supporting the needy…
    In my life anyone could knock at my door whether I am in (UK)or Barbados and if they were hungry I would invite them in feed them well.. thats me.. and by the way the only 2 main things in my life is lots of money in the bank and my family..

• Coralita August 22, 2016 at 11:35 pm

People like me don’t care what you think either, that is why I said what I said earlier. Stick to your beliefs and let others stick to theirs. Do you and let others do them. FULL STOP.

You are not the only one having a good life and giving to charity. I grew up in a house that was always bursting at the corners with food and my parents gave to countless people in and outside of the neighbourhood. We have always lived a blessed life, even to this day.

I don’t have to boast and brag about what I give back the community. The Bible that you hate so much states that when you give, you should not broadcast it. Your left hand should not know what your right hand is doing. No one is interested in the amount you gave, keep it to yourself and go and learn humility and while you are learning humility, learn to respect other’s beliefs. Everyone on this earth has a right to believe in whatever they choose without being castigated by the likes of you.

30. Andrew Simpson
    Andrew Simpson August 22, 2016 at 6:45 am

I would support the PM in a decision to do the right thing and change out a few government ministers.

• Tracy Duff
      Tracy Duff August 22, 2016 at 11:22 am

Only if that means changing out himself at the same time.

31. Olutoye Walrond
    Olutoye Walrond August 22, 2016 at 10:34 am

These political Pastors should really go read the bible again and see what their role is. It is to spread the good news of the gospel, not to engage in political tribalism.

32. seagul August 22, 2016 at 10:38 am

People are being thrown under the bus and they’re tired of it. They’re tired of a rigged economy, and they’re tired of a rigged political system. All this nonsense about who believes in God is a waste of ….Let’s talk solutions and healing–T. Ajani.