October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Relief on the way, says BWA The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) ... +++ October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++

Barbados Light & Power apologises for outage

The Barbados Light & Power Company has said that a fault at one of the generating stations was responsible for a power outage in certain parts of the island yesterday.

A statement from the company apologising for the outage said approximately 10 percent of customers were left without electricity for up to two hours.

Service was completely restored shortly after 11 p.m.

Source: PR

6 Responses to Barbados Light & Power apologises for outage

1. Motor Man
    Motor Man August 7, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Can you also fix the light pole in the gap opposite Lyndhurst funeral home that is leaning and people have been complaining nuff times about it.

2. Andrew Simpson
    Andrew Simpson August 7, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Didn’t notice.

3. Angela Payne
    Angela Payne August 7, 2016 at 1:27 pm

No one was answering the emergency number between 7.30 and 9.10 pm

4. Mark Infinity Thompson
    Mark Infinity Thompson August 7, 2016 at 2:19 pm

As a citizen that just returned and witnessed first hand..I couldn’t believe the dependence on tourism and crumbling infrastructure being so pronounced. It isn’t just outages it’s surges and undervolatages. I had a conversation with an HVAC tech and a heavy amount of equipment isn’t lasting 3 years because of the these demand stresses. The power isn’t reliable.

Ten years later the prices are higher, the retuning nationals aren’t feeling welcome..and the Brits are bolting with their own situation getting worse.

The only recourse is government regulation but they themselves seem over staffed and under-qualified for the task..I fear for beautiful Barbados when Cuba opens and Tourism continues to decline.

Mark my word, when Britexit comes to actually pass Barbados will be in a state of discombobulation., and when Cuba opens up totally the other shoe will drop.

• Mark Infinity Thompson
      Mark Infinity Thompson August 7, 2016 at 8:23 pm

I would agree if I didn’t ask for the multimeter readings myself. I have 16 years in the electrical industry with a concentration in AC theory and power quality and analysis., there’s a problem.. But for the sake of argument let’s say you are right..then tell me who can afford the proper equipment with a 225% mark up in some cases and added VAT..??

5. seagul August 8, 2016 at 10:11 am

Having a wife who has an executive post within the Swiss travel tours, I can see all eyes are on Cuba as the highly desired place to be– along with Belize and Costa Rica–right now.