October 24, 2016 - Police probe death at Golden Ridge, St George Police are investigating the sudden ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Possible funding for NGOs The Division of Economic Affairs ha ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++

Flow celebrates first anniversary

Telecoms giant, Flow celebrated its first anniversary today with an island-wide motorcade that ended with a free public concert dubbed “Big Blue Live” in Heroes Square, Bridgetown.

Broad Street came to a temporary standstill as Flow ambassadors Shanta Prince, Lil Rick, Peter Ram, Kirk Brown, Kikita, Scrilla got the public to suspend their shopping for a midday soca session.

Members of the public were treated to a free concert in celebration of Flow’s first anniversary.

Kirk Brown serenaded the ladies with his 2015 hit ‘Number One’, while Lil Rick, brought the maximum energy with ‘Gym Instructor’, ‘Wine Thief’, and ‘I get through’.

The final act, Peter Ram, got an outstanding response as the crowd joined him with the 2016 Crop Over hit ‘Good Morning’.

Peter Ram performing ‘Good Morning’.

Managing Director of Flow Barbados, Niall Sheehy noted that Barbados was the first to market the Flow brand following the merger of Cable and Wireless and Columbus Communications.

“We actually officially launched flow last year on the 16th of July and I think it’s incredible how fast the people of Barbados accepted it and we’re very happy and appreciative.

“In the past year we have recorded several milestones and were are immensely proud to position Barbados as the first country in the world to have 100 percent fiber to home connectivity…an incredible achievement by any measure,” Sheehy said.  (KK)

8 Responses to Flow celebrates first anniversary

1. Rosanna Lewis
    Rosanna Lewis July 16, 2016 at 10:13 pm

What really they celebrating cause I still waiting for my system to be integrated now for the same year. Oh and don’t forget the fast Internet speed I applied for. I’m still waiting. Probably I might get it for the next anniversary.

• Wayne P Hoyte
      Wayne P Hoyte July 17, 2016 at 12:19 am

they merge the 2 accounts at my residence without informing me .. see who will pay the bill

2. Frank Fowler
    Frank Fowler July 16, 2016 at 10:42 pm

What telecom giant? You mean parent company Liberty?

3. Charmaine July 16, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Please stop your false advertising. You do NOT have 100% fibre to home; unless mine doesn’t count. Follow Lime Old Ways…

4. Donna Harewood July 17, 2016 at 8:01 am

I guess those who celebrated with them are the few who receive good service. I had a recurrence of my perennial “shower of rain problem” twice last week (dead phone and internet whenever rain falls) and even before that had no access to my voicemail for the second time since the takeover. Still no access after more than a week. When I called I was told that my bill was overdue. It was NOT. It was due the same day. Also, I was told by the automated service that the problem was on my premises. At least, the customer service rep and the technician did not make that mistake as they did last time I called. Lime Slime, Slow Flow or No Liberty whatever your name is I am waiting for Digicel to become available in my neighbourhood. Then I will celebrate the cutting of ALL TIES with your particular BRAND of annoyances.

5. Coralita July 17, 2016 at 9:34 am

You people really think that a company will not celebrate milestones because some of their clients have service issues???? Think again, NOT ONE!!!

You think that some Digicel customers may not have issues? Last year Digicel increased their rates and cut their data in half and had it at the same high price and did not tell their customer anything. I paid for a dongle package and when I called to have it activated it was then I learned that the rates had changed and what I spent could not give me my original 8gb of data. I had to go and spend more money to get it. I expressed my annoyance with the rep and told her in no uncertain terms that when the data out I done with them. True to form I was done.

I have service now from FLOW without the landline, as I don’t need a landline. I have never had any issues and I am thankful for that. You will have issues regardless of who you are with, I think the key is the level of good customer service and their ability to resolve issues in a timely and acceptable manner. Service quality is Key.

6. Michael A Clarke
    Michael A Clarke July 17, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Thought FLOW had been bought out

7. Nikki Vs Nicksie
    Nikki Vs Nicksie July 17, 2016 at 7:07 pm

What exactly are they celebrating? And why are these foolish bajans participating ?? Stuppzzzzzzz