October 20, 2016 - Rare marine mammal stranding When two juvenile spotted dolphins ... +++ October 20, 2016 - UPDATE: Yearwood gets bail Kwame Everton Dashawn Yearwood, 17, ... +++ October 20, 2016 - Wanted man surrenders Police  now have in custody 42-yea ... +++ October 20, 2016 - Teen charged in connection with ‘sex tape’ Police have arrested and formally c ... +++ October 20, 2016 - Teen’s living arrangements worry magistrate Information from a 17-year-old male ... +++ October 20, 2016 - Young cricketers show their mettle Reveria Cottle struck a well-played ... +++

Police investigate accident at South District, St George

Police are investigating an accident involving a car, a Suzuki van and a truck at South District, St George.

According to initial reports, no one was seriously injured in the accident, which occurred just after midday.

Truck driver Ernest Barker told Barbados TODAY, “I am very thankful it was not any worse.”

Ernest Barker – Truck driver

He recounted that while heading towards Bridgetown, a female driver heading in the opposite direction apparently lost control of her vehicle and struck a Suzuki vehicle being driven by a male student driver who was accompanied by the instructor.

The female driver then collided with his truck.(AH)

16 Responses to Police investigate accident at South District, St George

1. Adrian Reid
    Adrian Reid July 3, 2016 at 4:08 pm

What these cameras will do? People need to learn how to handle the vehicles which they drive and learn to give way point blank……

• Adrian Reid
      Adrian Reid July 3, 2016 at 6:09 pm

That makes since to all the people who would and families that is going to be effected by it , or it makes since to teach these damn people to learn how to drive properly first time around ?

• Adrian Reid
      Adrian Reid July 3, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Boss man you talking just like these jackasses in the USA ,you willing to allow untrained drivers on the roads to kill and mame and kill people just to full up prison ,I want you to know that in the USA the government rents prisons so it makes since to full them up but not in Barbados

• Adrian Reid
      Adrian Reid July 4, 2016 at 7:29 am

Do you drive every day? Well I do and thank God I drive a truck I see a lot of non drivers driving every day can’t use around about don’t know the difference between give way and stop ,don’t want to easy up to avoid an accent know how much times I stop in round about for a car or van to run in my truck they can’t continued to drive but would want to stop me from moving chaa

• Mark Fenty
      Mark Fenty July 4, 2016 at 9:09 am

Adrian Reid, I just take affront to the comment you have made regarding American drivers and perhaps you may not have known, but I am one of those drivers? And your kinda of driving ain’t any kind of driving, and I said that to say this: have you ever driven 19hrs straight just stopping for toilet breaks? That is almost an entire day!

2. dave July 3, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Cell phone use needs to be curtailed . Phones should switch off as soon as you enter Car. Too much preoccupation with the Cell

3. Mark Fenty
    Mark Fenty July 3, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Accidents will occur but it is important to consider one’s speed. I almost got into two accidents yesterday, one would have been due to my carelessness, and the other to the other diver recklessness, but thank God I was traveling at a slow rate of speed which obviously impacted the outcome. Nevertheless, I have never seen a cop resort to camera surveillance to determine the cause of a traffic accident in this country, and I am quite certain that there is camera surveillance on the highways where a considerable amount of traffic accidents do occur.

4. Tony Waterman July 4, 2016 at 12:17 am

Dave??? WTF??? where did you get this Information that a cellphone was involved ????
    This could just have been the “STUDENT” Driver Have a a Panick when she saw the BIG TRUCK approaching her, and Lost Control of te Car, for heavens sake Man, sh was accompanied by an Instructor. If you cn PROVE that this Student Driver was using a Cellphone in the Presence of an Instructor, take that proof to the Licencing Authority, and have Him/Her, Stripped of their Licence to be a Driving Instructor,Otherwise PLEASE STOP spreading Rumours.

Rumours like the water meter Rumour does more Harm than Good.

5. TRUFUL July 4, 2016 at 1:09 am

Please be quiet and let the investigators do their work.You should have listened to the truck drivers version on CBC News or read above.

6. TRUFUL July 4, 2016 at 1:10 am

7. jrsmith July 4, 2016 at 4:36 am

Blame the politicians bad road infrastructure, no road markings, no centre white lining which is a guide,.. I cannot understand why most accidents the vehicles turns over in Barbados..simple traffic rules regulations which is in place and in enforced in so call developed countries , can simply be introduced into Barbados to stop the road madness…

• Coralita July 5, 2016 at 12:24 am

You are always talking nonsense.

The only ones responsible for these accidents are the careless drivers who do not drive with due care and attention, and breaking every road rule in the book. not a damn soul else.

I see bare madness on the road everyday. Up to this morning a car marked E2475 took the left lane by Simpson Motors where he can only go left into the Industrial Estate but he did not go left, he cut across the traffic in the middle lane and went straight up the highway. I would like Sargeant Siebert Johnson to give him a call.

8. birdie July 4, 2016 at 7:23 am

Where does it say the student driver was the cause? Or the driver student was a she?

9. Ric July 4, 2016 at 4:28 pm

If the female driver really was overtaking then she is at fault.

“Investigators do their work…”. This happens? In what cases, fatal accidents? Clear cut right and wrong?

10. arjun July 4, 2016 at 10:16 pm

If no one is seeing the truths now, I dont think they will see it in the near future.