October 28, 2016 - Employees pampered As Education Month draws to a close ... +++ October 28, 2016 - ‘Take big view of agriculture’ GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands– Sta ... +++ October 28, 2016 - NUPW reacts to Lowe’s comments on privatization The island’s largest public secto ... +++ October 28, 2016 - BUT warns of new militant approach The Barbados Union of Teachers (BUT ... +++ October 28, 2016 - Cameron expresses confidence in Windies women KINGSTON, Jamaica – West Indi ... +++ October 28, 2016 - Expect victimization! Opposition Leader Mia Mottley last ... +++

‘The child looks like me’, claims Spooner

courtA 23-year-old St Michael man was today remanded to HMP Dodds after pleading guilty to a wounding charge.

Michael Eugene Kareem Spooner of Quarry Road, Eden Lodge appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court accused of unlawfully and maliciously wounding Eman Khan.

According to the facts, the incident occurred on February 13 at Chefette, Black Rock, St Michael.

The prosecutor revealed that Khan joined his girlfriend and one-year-old daughter at the fast food restaurant after praying at a St Michael Mosque.

While the virtual complainant was having a conversation with the girlfriend on the outside, Spooner approached and started cuffing Khan in the face with his right fist.

After falling to the ground unconscious, Khan was taken to the FMH clinic where he was treated for several injuries to the face, including a puncture wound to the left cheek and swelling.

Khan was then referred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he was told that his left jaw was fractured.

Asked by Magistrate Douglas Frederick whether he wanted to say anything, Spooner said: “I am very sorry about that. Sir, he [Khan] got my number telling me that he going to kill me Sir.”

Frederick asked why and questioned whether the two men had the same girlfriend. Spooner’s reply was yes. He further explained that “the mother [girlfriend] did not know who the child belonged to . .  . but, to me, the child looks like me.”

Frederick explained that a simple DNA test would solve the problem, adding, “this here is a serious thing.

“I gave you compensation the last time and you hardly out of that one and you in another again. I want to see the Indian man,” the magistrate said.

Spooner was then remanded until July 25.

26 Responses to ‘The child looks like me’, claims Spooner

1. jrsmith June 28, 2016 at 9:03 am

This situation is so disgusting , sad , stupid, this is the jungle with out the trees. This is why Barbados have so many baby factories…

2. Divine Duchess
    Divine Duchess June 28, 2016 at 9:15 am
  3. David Small
    David Small June 28, 2016 at 9:32 am

Those eyes look evil though

4. Veronica June 28, 2016 at 9:48 am

Until someone in Barbados starts selling inexpensive DNA testing this will continue. It’s simple to say get a DNA test – a DNA test cost $1500 in 2006. I don’t know how much it cost today.

5. Latoya Willoughby-Brathwaite
    Latoya Willoughby-Brathwaite June 28, 2016 at 9:59 am

It’s a DNA that should have been ordered.

6. Arte Maria Benn
    Arte Maria Benn June 28, 2016 at 10:45 am

So. You fight the man over the same child you claiming looks like you in front the child???

You could dead, you was never seeing that child if I had to deal with you.

Blasted cubba

7. Kayai Kamara June 28, 2016 at 10:53 am

Do you understand that this accused walked up to a man & beat him in his head until the man fell unconscious?
    And you are saying that this is not a remand incident but only a bond to keep the peace because it is 2 rival lovers fighting? Wow!!!

8. Paul Gill
    Paul Gill June 28, 2016 at 11:02 am

Order the DNA. Who knows, it might not belong to any of them.

9. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce June 28, 2016 at 11:56 am

“Sir, he [Khan] got my number telling me that he going to kill me Sir.” He threatened you, that does not give you the right to hit the man. Some people bark is srtonger than their bite or a person that got bare talk and won’t hurt a fly. Gone are the days of Bajans sense of reasoning “talk all you want, say what you like as long as you don’t touch me.” The young man left common sense at the bus stop all he had to do is report Khan to the police. Instead he let idiot head take over he could of killed Khan and spend the rest of his life behind bars. If there is a dispute regarding who is the father of the child get a DNA test.

10. kay-rani rosita June 28, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Paul Gill!

Your comment made me say Woah! Lol

11. Alec Pierre June 28, 2016 at 12:43 pm

After such violent behavior to claim paternity, I hope if the child proves to be his that he unfailingly gives the child fatherly love and financial support!

12. Mark Fenty
    Mark Fenty June 28, 2016 at 1:33 pm

You don’t often hear of black men fiighting to claim ownership of a child, in fact, it is often the opposite, but perhaps I am wrong, and this young man wish to do the right thing.

13. Mark Fenty
    Mark Fenty June 28, 2016 at 1:33 pm

You don’t often hear of black males fighting to claim ownership of a child, in fact, it is often the opposite, but perhaps, I am wrong, and this young man wishes to do the right thing. Now I only hope that I am not being stereotypical here because generally speaking, this has been my experience and I hope that I am wrong on this one.

14. Ras Unjay
    Ras Unjay June 28, 2016 at 2:06 pm

lolol,de two ah wunna want paying child support in court.

15. jrsmith June 28, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Barbados needs a paternity court with a cheap (DNA) testing centre partly financed by the tax payers. The men need to pay for they nasty behaviour. there is a lot of married men hiding children secrets from they wives…

16. Annette Atkinson
    Annette Atkinson June 28, 2016 at 3:36 pm

This is the best comment ever!!!!!

17. Sonia Lorde
    Sonia Lorde June 28, 2016 at 4:10 pm

this one needs maury you are not the father

18. Joy Waldron
    Joy Waldron June 28, 2016 at 4:29 pm
  19. Cherrie Babiface Welchie
    Cherrie Babiface Welchie June 28, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Well looka this pele case tho!

20. Leroy Parris June 28, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Mark Fenny do you seriously believe that he’ really fighting for the support of the kid or other things. Come on man let’s face it. As the saying goes it’s food for thought.

21. Doreen Waithe
    Doreen Waithe June 28, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Social media lawers fight wanna case mark fenty do ya lawer work

22. harry turnover June 28, 2016 at 6:29 pm

……on remand ???? and a University student ON A SECOND RAPE CHARGE GET BAIL ????????????
    An Indian man and a black man fighting to see who is the father ? lord have mercy !!
    The black man beat the Indian silly and gone jail. ….Looks as though the fight was over the woman and not the child. Is the woman Indian or black ? the black man like he get horn to me .
    …a case of curry tabanca ?

23. Javier Maynard
    Javier Maynard June 28, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Where is Maury when we need him.

24. Randy June 29, 2016 at 4:26 am

Are you crazy Hal what you mean its not a remand incident he frig up the mans jaw

Over a girl? man plenty of fish in the water get real kid

25. Shawn June 29, 2016 at 6:15 am

Harry I agree with you something have to be wrong with our system. When you can place a $10000 bail on a second time rape predator of young girls but lock up a man for fighting. Is it we just blinded by money or we still living in the pass. It sad really sad

26. Roger Gibbons July 3, 2016 at 2:24 am