October 22, 2016 - St James man nursing stab wounds One woman is assisting police with ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Teen remanded Eighteen-year-old Adam Harris of En ... +++ October 22, 2016 - St Michael man on firearms, ammunition charges St Michael resident, Jeffrey Willia ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Police probe Wildey fire Police are investigating a fire whi ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Intrigue among Barbados Pride With the start of the 2016-17 West ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Water hope Relief could soon be on the way for ... +++

Stabbing on Swan Street

Police are investigating a stabbing incident on Swan Street this evening.  A number of men were reportedly injured.

Barbados TODAY will have more details as they become available.

17 Responses to Stabbing on Swan Street

1. Ann Aquarius
    Ann Aquarius June 25, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Stop the damn violence already!!!…enuff is enuff!!!…now when the police put a ban on loitering and tell y’all keep it moving a lot of foolish talk gine run.

2. Christine Carol-ann Ceecee Waithe
    Christine Carol-ann Ceecee Waithe June 25, 2016 at 9:22 pm

3. Christine Carol-ann Ceecee Waithe
    Christine Carol-ann Ceecee Waithe June 25, 2016 at 9:22 pm

What next???

4. Marva Straughn
    Marva Straughn June 25, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Sick n tired of hearing all this violence….

• Ryan Bayne
      Ryan Bayne June 25, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Me too. I just can’t take it no more.

5. Ashanda Coward
    Ashanda Coward June 25, 2016 at 10:25 pm

6. lester June 26, 2016 at 8:22 am

7. jrsmith June 26, 2016 at 10:31 am

We have become a lawless island , because no one seems to be managing (BARBADOS LTD).

• Coralita June 26, 2016 at 1:08 pm

I wonder if you people understand that life is about CHOICES. Some of you are so hedged in and boxed in because you can’t see nor think pass politicians and politics. Some of you give these people so much power and the most frightening part is when you tie the outcomes of your lives to the performance or lack thereof of politicians.

8. dave June 26, 2016 at 11:25 am

jr smith
    You cant so boy !
    The Yardfowls who cluck cluck for their supper will come and get you. The Managers of Barbados Ltd are not to be blamed for anything. They do not have the ultimate responsibility for Barbados. They get pay from the Public purse to get pay from the Public purse. Somebody else is to be held responsible for the path the country is drifting. The Managers are not to blamed -Oh No !!!

• Coralita June 26, 2016 at 12:48 pm

The blasted parents are to be blamed for raising the hooligans, not any politician whether B, D, or any other. I don’t understand why the heck you people don’t place the responsibility where it belongs. When children are raised right you hardly find them involved in this type of behaviour. The way my parents raised me, if adversity was to come my way, I would not steal, kill nor destroy.

Yes, any government is to ensure that the country’s environment is conducive to creating employment but at the end of the day people have to want something meaningful and go after it legitimately. No one owes us anything but we owe it to ourselves to live the best lives regardless. The social agencies should be more focussed on helping the most vulnerable in our society.

These young people are being raised without any values, morals or sense of purpose and some of them do not want legitimate work, they say it is too hard. They can’t fathom working 30, 40+ hours weekly for what they call meagre wages, though honest. They salivate at guns and drugs and the large sums of quick money associated with it so they can buy the big brands to wear because they don’t build houses nor buy land no have investments. Then again, using drug money in such a way would be construed as money laundering.

9. Observer June 26, 2016 at 1:59 pm

I blame the court system it sucks stopped putting these criminals back on the streets when they commit a crime, and locking up a man for one joint, criminals are laughing at the system

10. Mark Fenty
    Mark Fenty June 26, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Richard Green, I can’t possibly think of any place in the world today where violence isn’t a real concern. And I would love to know where in the globe these visitors are coming from? Diana, I really didn’t see your comment prior to responding to Richard, but one thing is certain: Richard need to make a conscious effort to break free of his tightly sealed cocoon and join the rest of the human race.

11. dave June 26, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Who is Richard Green ? I aint see no Richard Green here.Mark !

Coralita !
    The Government of the day must take the blame . Study it. It is the Government running things. These Guys are a wait and see lot. The Prime Minsiter has been waiting to see ever since he took over . He waited to see what would happen to his predecessor and refused make his stamp on proceedings.

If Barbados is robust , peaceful and quiet , the Government would want to take credit for creating that environment that engenders peace and safety and where investors can feel comfortable and visitors can relax. This is not to say that it is not now so to some extent. But If they are willing to take the credit in that respect , they cannot run and hide when things go wrong. Stop making excuses for the jokers. You really think that they care something bout you though? Fool yourself. Dem care bout their friends and lapdogs who tell them what they want to hear and who massage their fragile egos. And they have more money than you. Why you think they does lust after power ? pensions per diems; salaries; allowances; fringe benefits; trips overseas ; free food; free travel. Dem guys does live like Lords.

Do not make any apologies for them with this cuddear attitude. Cuddear ! Give dem a chance–Hell no !! Their Feet on Fire -Their Feet must be held to the Fire . To whom much is given; much is expected . Stop playing the Party Loyalty game . You could be loyal to a Party but do not condone nonsense. When things go wrong: THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY MUST TAKE THE BLAME
    Cuddear ! my arse !!!!!!!!!!!

• Coralita June 26, 2016 at 9:17 pm

You are talking bare ISH, you are the one up in here who always swinging politics and you are a BLP yardfowl. I am not playing no party faithful crap like you, If you read my post you would see that I said, the parents are responsible for the hooligans not the Bs, Ds or any other politician, or did you conveniently overlooked that?

Whether you like it or not or want to accept it or not, parents are largely responsible for how their children turn out. Children as they become adults are responsible for the choices they make. There are persons who struggle in this life and they do not get involved in crime nor illegitimate activities because despite the struggle they have values and morals.

Go and ask Eric Lewis about the ones he helped to get jobs and who did not keep them because according to them, the work too hard. They preferred to sit at home and do nothing and eat and drink out their parents. Then people like you coming bout here and talking crap about a government responsible. Utter nonsense. There is a breed of young people today who like fast life and quick money and no honest work.

You are more small-minded than I thought. Did I ever tell you that I want any politician to care something about me!!! I CARE ABOUT ME. Sweetheart I don’t want one hell from no politician, I don’t even want them in my space, I have never asked any favours of any politician in Barbados. I does work and take very good care of myself. My parents worked very hard and raised their children and we all do the same, work hard for ourselves. I never saw any politician at my parents house and none have ever come to mine and thus it shall remain.

The same things you listed that you are claiming the current administration does, are the same things you party do when they are in government and they also look after their friends and lapdogs. They also love all the fringe benefits you mentioned as well. you can try selling your nonsense to people who cannot think for themselves. Sorry, no luck here.

12. dave June 27, 2016 at 6:43 am

Your challenge is that you are not looking beyond the surface. Your view is typically shaped by a superficial approach which limits you to not identifying the real problem.. You therefore would be unable to provide a solution to the problem because you would only end up treating the symptoms. You need to get to the root of the problem and examine areas of study, all the avenues that would have brought us to this point.

You make the cardinal error of making assumptions and then proceeding to conclude that I am a BLP YARDFOWL based on said assumption. You then proceed to infer that I do not accept that parents are largely responsible for their children. You are way off base.

The parents come from the same society that the children come from. The Government is responsible for the kind of society and the environment created as a result. You need to examine this and see what the Government has done and not done to shape the kind of society that we live in. What are the programmes and policies or lack therefore that would impact on the Society and cause it to go in a particular direction. The Government is responsible. The Government of the day must take the blame. The Government of the day must take responsibility. They have been elected to represent the people. If the Government fails , that failure will manifest in various ways. The problem with parents / children is therefore one of those ways that the failure of the Government would manifest. The parents are responsible for their children. Who are responsible for the parents ? Who are responsible for financing programmes and policies and creative solutions to the Society’s problems. What are they being paid to do- Are they being paid to get paid ?