Contractor ordered to stay away from estranged wife

COURT TODAY BLOCKThirty-year-old Roger Tarik Bynoe was yesterday ordered to stay away from the residence of his estranged wife.

Bynoe, of Roberts Road, Haggatt Hall, St Michael, is charged with assaulting Miriam Bynoe and occasioning her actual bodily harm on April 14, 2016.

He was granted $3,000 bail with one
surety and told to return to court on September 6, 2016.

A contractor by trade, Bynoe was also warned not to “follow about the complainant” and to report to the District “A” Police Station twice a week by 10 a.m.

However, Magistrate Douglas Frederick also had this warning to the complainant: “Don’t call him in relation to come by you,” to which she replied; “I only call for the children; that’s the only reason [why] I call him.”

Frederick advised Bynoe to look after the children, ages eight and four, but to stay out of trouble.

8 Responses to Contractor ordered to stay away from estranged wife

1. Maria Leclair Dasilva
    Maria Leclair Dasilva June 2, 2016 at 9:42 am

The courts should have requested a family member or a social worker to be responsible for making arrangements with him in regards to the children. He has assaulted his ex wife what the judge did here is not good. He should be projecting this woman, instead he is putting her in arm’s way.

2. Maria Leclair Dasilva
    Maria Leclair Dasilva June 2, 2016 at 9:43 am

*Protecting

3. Roslyn Clarke
    Roslyn Clarke June 2, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Maria Leclair Dasilva – i agree with you but this magistrate rules by his own set of rules and is always making inappropriate comments!

• Maria Leclair Dasilva
      Maria Leclair Dasilva June 2, 2016 at 4:50 pm

We had one here who was like that he was asked to resign due to public outcry. Citizens need to speak up and be heard. Victims of domestic abuse are in most danger in the early stages when they leave their abuser.

• Roslyn Clarke
      Roslyn Clarke June 2, 2016 at 7:34 pm

We need to get him off the bench! He makes a mockery of the Barbados justice system. Start following his cases and you will be shaking your head from side to side!

4. Mark Fenty
    Mark Fenty June 2, 2016 at 7:14 pm

I am really sadden by the way in which some of these Bajans men are treating our women. And I thank God that I wasn’t reared in that culture where some Bajan men think that it is ok to beat the pulse out of a woman for whatever reason. I am proud to say that I’ve never put my hands on a woman and three of them have cheated on me in the past, and those three women after realizing they mistake crossed my path later, but I am afraid to say I don’t give second chances. The late Prime Minister Tom Adams had a noted history of beating the crap out of Bajan women!