ZR drivers’ dispute turns ugly

Two ZR drivers were remanded to HMP Dodds today after they pleaded guilty to using unlawful violence on Tuesday towards another person, and causing those present at the scene to fear for their safety.

Andre Springer & Kelvin Johnson
Andre Springer & Kelvin Johnson

Andre Omar Springer of Gibbons Boggs, Christ Church, and Kelvin Orlando Johnson of Lewis Gap, Green Hill, St Michael, both went before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court.

Around 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Johnson was in the terminal waiting for passengers to board his vehicle. Meanwhile, Springer was trying to prevent them from doing so. Springer eventually moved his vehicle and used it to block Johnson’s.

They quarrelled and both men left the area. After 8 p.m. Johnson returned to the terminal with passengers and found Springer there as well.

Meanwhile, a passenger from Johnson’s van got out, went toward Springer and those two fought. Johnson swiped at Springer with a cutlass while he was distracted by that fight, but he slipped and fell in a puddle of water while doing so.

Springer then charged at Johnson with a club and then became involved in his second fight. Persons in the terminal parted the two and both men went to the police to report the matter.

They will be sentenced when they return to court on June 2.

18 Responses to ZR drivers’ dispute turns ugly

1. Browne-love Jan
    Browne-love Jan May 6, 2016 at 7:44 am

You need to upgrade your link..print too small..difficult to read

2. jrsmith May 6, 2016 at 10:55 am

This is pure madness, adults cant have a punch up anymore , they must use knives, guns cutlass anything , lucky this guy miss with his cutlass ,this is still law of the jungle attitude..

3. Lawrence Griffith
    Lawrence Griffith May 6, 2016 at 11:13 am

Something is very wrong in Barbados. When people are travelling around with weapons at work you know you are living in a dysfunctional society. I don’t believe in locking up people but rather reform them. But in this case these men need to be put away because they are a great danger to society.

4. Mark Fenty
    Mark Fenty May 6, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Some aa wunnah men talkin aa lot of nonsense, because if another man whisper aa few words at wunnah woman, wunnah ready tah tear of he head. Listen! We should never employ violence as a vehicle to solve our problems, but it seems somehow to be hardwired in the male being as the hunter. Check this out though: from a military perspective it is practically acceptable in the American society today, to put a weapon in the hands of a young man or woman at seventeen and a haft years of age, (with parental consent of course), and specialized the both of them in the application of violence. But yet it is illegal for the both of them to purchase cigarettes and alcohol; talk about sending kids twisted values.

• Arte Maria Benn
      Arte Maria Benn May 6, 2016 at 1:20 pm

I swear you’re a full and complete idiot you know.

There is a difference between a woman reacting to the disgusting, violent ish WUNNA men like to tell us and think is acceptable, and two ppl AT WORK, ON THE JOB, fighting because they both wanted to break the rules.
      Stop TRYING to appear bright.

• Mark Fenty
      Mark Fenty May 6, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I don’t have to appear bright because I have done some read, so I have a pretty good idea as to what I am talking about, and If you wish to test my hypothesis just ask me any question regarding the above topic.Now the propensity for violence that you often observe in the male genus comes from the evolutionary concept of the hunter and gatherer theory of evolution. So that why I alluded above that the proclivity for violence is interwoven in the male makeup, because of his early role as a hunter and a protector. Now when have I proposed to be anything, but a man who wishes to participate in a discussion regarding his country’s private and public affairs? Come now, don’t be like that sista, because we ought to able to disagree and do so agreeably devoid of the mudslinging.

• Mark Fenty
      Mark Fenty May 6, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I don’t have to appear bright to impress anyone because I have done some read, so I have a pretty good idea as to what I am talking about, and If you wish to test my hypothesis just ask me any question regarding the above topic.Now the propensity for violence that you often observe in the male genus comes from the evolutionary concept of the hunter and gatherer theory of evolution. So that why I alluded above that the proclivity for violence is interwoven in the male makeup, because of his early role as a hunter and a protector. Now when have I proposed to be anything, but a man who wishes to participate in a discussion regarding his country’s private and public affairs? Come now, don’t be like that sista, because we ought to able to disagree and do so agreeably devoid of the mudslinging.

• Mark Fenty
      Mark Fenty May 6, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Arte Maria Benn, perhaps you were too younger to remember this incident, but back in the early 1980s, a headmaster at Roebuck Boys Primary bite another teacher’s finger and got arrested, and incident sparked a national debate, so violence isn’t confined to no specific class, creed, academic, religious or political persuasion. Nevertheless, I am trying to enlighten you regarding the tendencies of the male ego, and you’re shooting back with insults. Any how, don’t quote me on this one, but if my memory serves me correctly, I do believe the headmaster’s name was Mr. Walker.

• Mark Fenty
      Mark Fenty May 6, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Arte Maria Benn, perhaps you were too younger to remember this incident, but back in the early 1980s, a headmaster at Roebuck Boys Primary bite another teacher’s finger and got arrested, and the incident sparked a national debate, so violence isn’t confined to no specific class, creed, academic, religious or political persuasion. Nevertheless, I am trying to enlighten you regarding the tendencies of the male ego, and you’re shooting back with insults. Any how, don’t quote me on this one, but if my memory serves me correctly, I do believe the headmaster’s name was Mr. Walker. And let me end by saying this: just last year here in America, a deacon shot the pastor dead one Sunday in front of the congregation for carrying on an affair with his wife. The male ego!

• Arte Maria Benn
      Arte Maria Benn May 6, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Omg throwing big words into fcking sentences does not change the fact that you’re just presenting an ill informed opinion you goat.

5. Wayne T Griffith
    Wayne T Griffith May 6, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Instead of sending them to Dodds for the taxpayers to feed these fools, I would have suspended their driver’s license and give them community service. They would have to keep the van stand clean for two years.

• Petra Bellamy May 6, 2016 at 7:37 pm

They should not be on the road period!!!! People like that should not have a license to transport valuable living beings. These guys belong somewhere else but not in the public transportation system.

6. Sweet Puss. May 6, 2016 at 1:34 pm

I know God was in the midst of that fight cause when the man went to swing the cutlas at the other guy he slip an fell in a pool of water.Barbadians just need to return to God If nigerians can do it y can’t we.

7. jrsmith May 6, 2016 at 2:27 pm

What have Nigerians done that should interest Barbados. stop defrauding they treasury..

8. Patricia Bowen May 7, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Shame, Shame, Shame. I hang my head in shame. Two adults with the same selfish goals. I must have all so break fuh yuhself. No yuh can’t move with all for they are mine. Who cares if we are hustling for humans or cattle. It is hospital, jail or the undertaker. Grief lumps, debts, time and money, who really cares? Not us, not family, not children, certainly no concern of ours,…..really? I doubt…. oh well I guess if we survive the ordeal living with regrets would be easier. It happens often we just didn’t think or care. Or are we just just plain fools?