MINNESOTA – Post-mortem on Prince shows no trauma on body

MINNEAPOLIS –– There is “no reason to believe” that Prince’s death was suicide, the sheriff of the Minnesota county where the singer had his home has said after a post-mortem.

There was no sign of trauma on his body, Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson said.

Prince had been touring as recently as this month.
Prince had been touring as recently as this month.

Prince, 57, was found dead in a lift on his Paisley Park estate on Thursday.

Tributes have been paid around the world to the enigmatic musician, who sold more than 100 million records.

His innovative music spanned rock, funk and jazz. He was at his peak in the 1980s with albums like Dirty Mind, 1999 and Sign O’ The Times.

The sheriff warned that full results from the post-mortem could take several weeks, and the incident was still under investigation.

There was no one in the residence at the time except Prince, Olson said, but this was not unusual.

He was found unconscious by some of his staff.

The singer had been rushed to hospital in Illinois last Friday, while flying home from a concert in Georgia, but was treated and released a few hours later.

Fans have set up impromptu memorials in his home town Minneapolis and in New York.

In London, America’s president Barack Obama said he and the US ambassador began the day by listening to Prince’s hit Purple Rain and Delirious before attending bilateral meetings.

Source: (BBC)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *