October 22, 2016 - Teen remanded Eighteen-year-old Adam Harris of En ... +++ October 22, 2016 - St Michael man on firearms, ammunition charges St Michael resident, Jeffrey Willia ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Police probe Wildey fire Police are investigating a fire whi ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Intrigue among Barbados Pride With the start of the 2016-17 West ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Water hope Relief could soon be on the way for ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Priest supports ban on religious teaching in schools An outspoken Anglican cleric is sup ... +++

‘I am bigger than Barbados’

Artist demands That court deal with case

COURT TODAY BLOCKCarl Andrew ‘Woolly’ Hewitt wants his court case dealt with so he can get on with his life.

Hewitt, an artist, expressed that wish to Magistrate Douglas Frederick today when he reappeared in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court No. 1.

The 60-year-old Deighton Road, St Michael resident is charged with causing serious bodily harm to Carmen Kellman with intent to maim, disfigure or disable her on September 26, 2012.

When the case came up again today, Sergeant Martin Rock told the court the complainant could not be found, despite police visiting both of the addresses she had provided.

Magistrate Frederick told the accused the prosecution needed to find the complainant so she could state whether or not she still has an interest in the matter.

Hewitt, however, was adamant that some determination be made about the matter. He said: “I don’t have time to be coming to court every day.”

In a booming voice, Hewitt told Magistrate Frederick: “I am a world-acclaimed artist, as you know.”

“Yeah. I know you are the only wool artist in the world,” the magistrate replied.

Hewitt went on: “I get paid by selling my art. I don’t get a monthly salary so I can’t be coming here all the time. Any person can google me and see who I am.

“Make a final analysis of this, Sir, and let me get on with my life. I have three million fans around the world that want to get to know me.

“I am Woolly Hewitt.  I am bigger than Barbados. Me and Rihanna. Nobody else.”

Hewitt, who was unrepresented by counsel, was granted a final adjournment until June 1, by which time the prosecution is expected to contact the complainant.

“I can give autographs. Even my shoes autographed Woolly Hewitt,” the accused said as he left the dock, pausing by some police recruits to show them his shoe sole. (SD)

7 Responses to ‘I am bigger than Barbados’

1. lennox hewitt March 25, 2016 at 6:21 am

But family we Hewitts in violent people so who started it ?

2. Sharon Woolley
    Sharon Woolley March 25, 2016 at 6:27 am

What an over inflated ego, in fact little man only cowards use their fists.

3. harry turnover March 25, 2016 at 7:25 am

Can’t find the complainant ??? then DISMISS the case and fine her for wasting the Courts time….FULL STOP !!

4. Lawrence Griffith
    Lawrence Griffith March 25, 2016 at 7:30 am

This case should have been dismissed. Due to the lack of respect for the defendant. This is a very clear example of how the magistrate and the prosecutor works together for a conviction.
    Almost 4 years and the prosecutor can’t present a case. If that was the other way around and the defendant doesn’t turn up, you bet the court would have acted on behalf of the prosecutor.
    Where is the equal justice system that the police, magistrates, lawyers and politicians talk about. Come on people, its an illusion of due process. Do you expect a doctor to tell you his medicine was wrong? It’s about time people wake up and understand that the justice system is corrupted and build to preserve the power and the control the people. Nobody should be having to live with a suspicious crime over their heads over 12 months after being charged. In the European union the suspect automatically walks free or the government pay compensation. He’s right and have a natural right to be able to get on with his life..

5. Angela Maria
    Angela Maria March 25, 2016 at 7:48 am

Lol. I’m surprised they managed to fit all that ego into the court room.
    What an unattractive man!

6. Art March 25, 2016 at 9:14 am

Please stay in Barbados little man.

7. Tenroad. March 25, 2016 at 6:35 pm