October 28, 2016 - Case dismissed The case brought by the Ministry of ... +++ October 28, 2016 - Employees pampered As Education Month draws to a close ... +++ October 28, 2016 - ‘Take big view of agriculture’ GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands– Sta ... +++ October 28, 2016 - NUPW reacts to Lowe’s comments on privatization The island’s largest public secto ... +++ October 28, 2016 - BUT warns of new militant approach The Barbados Union of Teachers (BUT ... +++ October 28, 2016 - Cameron expresses confidence in Windies women KINGSTON, Jamaica – West Indi ... +++

‘Relieved’ dad wants answers

Despite finding his 14-year-old daughter Kaneisha who had been missing for over a week, Mark Taylor remains a worried man.

Taylor told Barbados TODAY he was puzzled as to the child’s whereabouts during her absence and what drove her to runaway from home on Friday, February 12.

The father explained that he received a call from a mature female last Saturday asking him to meet Kaneisha at an agreed spot in a rural area.

He said the child had since been hospitalized and while she provided police with information, he was still unsure who she had been with during her absence.

Mark Taylor

Mark Taylor

“I got a phone call on Saturday morning and a lady told me that my daughter was at her. I asked the lady for her name, but she refused to give any information so I just told her that I was not interested in who she is, I was interested in getting my daughter home. We arranged a location that we both know and I went with the police and I picked her up from on the main road,” he explained.

Taylor said he was happy that his daughter had been traced, but admitted that he was concerned about the reason behind her second disappearance in less than a year.

The teenager left home on Friday, February 12, telling a family member that she was going to meet a younger cousin at school, but never returned.

The young girl had left home once before without word of her whereabouts, and was found three days later by police at the home of a St Michael man who was later charged with involvement with a minor.

“She is in the hospital at this time under the doctor care. I give thanks that I found her. But I am worried about her. I am just disappointed in her for what she has done and that’s the honest truth. People are commenting on certain things about the girl, but people don’t know my daughter,” he said.

40 Responses to ‘Relieved’ dad wants answers

1. Minimusclecat Howard
    Minimusclecat Howard February 23, 2016 at 6:31 am

Mark I am proud of how you handle this.dont worry about ppl bajan love to be judge mental

2. Malisa Carter
    Malisa Carter February 23, 2016 at 6:40 am

Proud of dad?hmm

3. Rosie Williams
    Rosie Williams February 23, 2016 at 6:40 am

Your daughter needs to talk to you.

4. Tracey Ann Smith
    Tracey Ann Smith February 23, 2016 at 6:44 am

glad you have her back, hopefully she will talk to you soon and give the answers you need – give her time

5. Carlin Bridgeman
    Carlin Bridgeman February 23, 2016 at 6:45 am

Good girl done bad

• Minimusclecat Howard
      Minimusclecat Howard February 23, 2016 at 6:53 am

How you know the child gone bad you ppl need to stop with it

• Malisa Carter
      Malisa Carter February 23, 2016 at 6:56 am

Minimusclecat Howard ok then let she explains to the public? She’s and idiot

• Verona Brome
      Verona Brome February 23, 2016 at 8:00 am

It’s sad when we as a society continues to have the answers for everyone situations and issues besides our own.

Sometimes it’s good to see headlines and stories and move along

It’s not every headline that we need to comment on, just read and move along smartly

• Diamond February 24, 2016 at 7:57 pm

I agree Verona

• Ashanda Coward
      Ashanda Coward February 23, 2016 at 8:35 am

Agreed Verona Brome but the judgemental bajans cant help that time some of them got lots of issues in they own home sickening.

• Carlin Bridgeman
      Carlin Bridgeman February 23, 2016 at 8:38 am

Sorry if you hurt

• Verona Brome
      Verona Brome February 23, 2016 at 8:52 am

I’m not hurt, neither am I offended, it’s just that each and everyone of us have our demons to deal with and am always appalled at how negative some of us could be to such sensitive situations.

Unless the shoes are on our feet, we never know how tight the pinch is.

Sometimes life isn’t what it’s supposed to be, but thru it all we still pray and ask God to intercede for our young people, who are the future leaders of this our country Barbados.

• Dee Bee
      Dee Bee February 23, 2016 at 10:41 am

Let’s be honest. Mark opened himself to comments and questions by coming back with this story. He could have simply thanked the public and police for their support, and sought assistance privately with improving communication and trust with his daughter.

If you constantly put yourself “out there”, then you will be fodder for judgement and sometimes ridicule.

• Minimusclecat Howard
      Minimusclecat Howard February 23, 2016 at 10:46 am

Malisa Carter she does not have to explain to the public nothing she only gave to talk to her parents and if it is a problem home or any way let them work it out.we the public need to stop jumping to conclusion.

• Minimusclecat Howard
      Minimusclecat Howard February 23, 2016 at 10:47 am

Verona Brome well said

6. Kim Gaskin
    Kim Gaskin February 23, 2016 at 6:51 am

This situation puzzles me…
    He’s say n she’s n hospital
    Mother say n shes at home
    Which story correct?
    Also after leave n home n missing twice n less dan a month…
    Will she really b placed back n the care of her parents?
    At this point the situation really needs to b examined thoroughly

• Malisa Carter
      Malisa Carter February 23, 2016 at 6:55 am

Kim gaskin no need to be puzzle cause am puzzle also ? Would really like to hear from mum?

7. Devonte MCcollin
    Devonte MCcollin February 23, 2016 at 6:53 am

8. Alicia Brathwaite
    Alicia Brathwaite February 23, 2016 at 6:59 am

No they don’t buddy

9. Marie Campbell
    Marie Campbell February 23, 2016 at 8:00 am

That dad is one in a million for sticking out for his kid I wish U and your daughter great success hope she confides in u soon

10. Malisa Carter
    Malisa Carter February 23, 2016 at 8:02 am

I read over this story a million times and some thing about this sounds fake #1 The Dad say The child Told A family member she was going to collect a cousin from school ?so wait was there any adult home at the time? Then he say she was found by a man in her last disappears right? Then he say he disappointed in her? Then he say she’s hospitalized? Then he say she don’t give him no trouble ?Then he say he give her everything she wants?I just wonder what is hiding behind all this story .And why if the child had no reason for running away has her dad say why she did again? and why it is that the mother getting blame when the children live with the dad ?some one from child care board and social services need too look into this ,cause I don’t believe nothing here that is said. Point blank.

• Tameisha Akeila Goodridge
      Tameisha Akeila Goodridge February 23, 2016 at 8:20 am

I kno the girl she never use to give trouble but problems with the mother and father the girl lashing out by the end of the day she who gine get hurt.

• Malisa Carter
      Malisa Carter February 23, 2016 at 8:21 am

Tameisha Akeila Goodridge do u know this family?

• Malisa Carter
      Malisa Carter February 23, 2016 at 8:25 am

From what I understand the father of this child and his family is the cause of all this .from seeing the mother traveling on the bus ect she’s a great mum too both her children .

• Emperatriz Melissa
      Emperatriz Melissa February 23, 2016 at 11:20 am

U assume shez a great mum by her travelling on a bus etc..face value doan mean a thing in these situations? That ain good enough..both parents seem shady and are hiding the truth as well as the child..they allllll need help and they alllll need to accept responsibility for their acts words etc

• Malisa Carter
      Malisa Carter February 23, 2016 at 2:06 pm

U all too flipping judgemental and always know about other’s you idiot ,go clean out your own closet you clown.

11. InASimilarPosition February 23, 2016 at 8:03 am

Parenting is not at all an easy job and you appear to be genuine in your concerns wanting to find a resolution for why your daughter “disappears”. So many of us are trying our darnest to raise our kids the way we know best but yet the kids seem to completely disregard us. We really need some parenting support groups! Only yesterday I heard PAREDOS report that more parents are reaching out to them for help..Try there….Because I think both you and your daughter will need some assistance. I thank God that she is alive, I pray her a speedy recovery and I pray for you the strength to work through this tough time. DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR KID

12. Stacy Janelle
    Stacy Janelle February 23, 2016 at 8:11 am

Somehow I feel like all these articles only serve to feed the Bajan’s nosey nature, so we can play judge, jury and executioner. Should this father be giving so much details if this matter is being investigated by the police? I’m assuming it is.

• Ashanda Coward
      Ashanda Coward February 23, 2016 at 8:32 am

Mmm girl want sentencing??? Come right on this forum. Smh

• Stacy Janelle
      Stacy Janelle February 23, 2016 at 9:37 am

The comment was in reference to every article of this nature posted by Barbados Today and not this one alone. Did you read it well?

13. Malisa Carter
    Malisa Carter February 23, 2016 at 8:13 am

I will just leave this here until the truth reveal.

14. Claire Gibson
    Claire Gibson February 23, 2016 at 8:22 am

I wonder if she ever received therapy after her last traumatic experience being manipulated by the man they found her with. Victims of abuse are often likely to end up being re victimized if they do not receive proper psychological treatment to remedy the first trauma.

15. Diana Cave
    Diana Cave February 23, 2016 at 8:31 am

God bless you ,.. Mark you are a good father .. I read your story right through !!!What more can you do
    You are looking after your grandmother that’s lovely as I read also .. Blessings on you ###Keep praying and god will grant you your desires .. Continue to take care of your daughter .. You can only do somuch and nomore .

16. Rawle Spooner
    Rawle Spooner February 23, 2016 at 8:40 am

This is Barbados so he can’t forget about getting any answers,but one can’t blame him for trying.

17. Katrina Busby
    Katrina Busby February 23, 2016 at 8:48 am

Isn’t there technology that the police can use to trace calls from the parent/s home? Some strange woman call and no one knows where this call is coming from? This should be basic procedure after the 24 hour waiting period is gone. Of course depending on the age of the child that is gone missing.

18. Garcia Jemmott February 23, 2016 at 11:52 am

Mark, while I like the concern you show for your daughter and how she ran away for a second time, I would encourage you not to publicly say that you are disappointed in her. There has to be external forces drawing her out there for a second time. You need to sit down with her and have a discussion with her, do not show any anger or disappointment when you do.

19. Coral Yearwood
    Coral Yearwood February 23, 2016 at 1:56 pm
  20. Kay Yearwood
    Kay Yearwood February 23, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Mark I know your pain hang in there and your truth will be reveal I know that you love your kids with all your heart taking care of two teenagers one being visual impaired and your granny is a hell of a job. You hold firm you are a man of few words and keep it that way social media is not your thing and don’t feel that you own the public any kind of explanation. Keep praying pray works once you believe

21. Kimberly February 23, 2016 at 3:55 pm

People will say what they want, just like i did.Mark your daughter need help and i hope to god that she gets it. Its a reason behind what shes doing maybe its for attention, maybe because she smelling herself, not sure what it is but I am glad that she was found for a 2nd time.. The next time people might not help or care because its become a routine. But you really need to sit down and have a talk with her. I hope that while shes admitted in to the hospital you do run test cause these days alot of young kids are running away to be with older men.