October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Relief on the way, says BWA The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) ... +++ October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Remembering David Thompson Today marks the sixth anniversary o ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Today’s weather The Barbados Meteorological office ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Lashley urges innovation Minister of Culture, Youth and Spor ... +++

WORLD – Trump takes South Carolina

Donald Trump has won the South Carolina primary in the Republican race for president, cementing his status as the man to beat for his party’s nomination.

In the Democratic contest, Hillary Clinton beat Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders in a tight race in Nevada.

Both results will be key ahead of the “Super Tuesday” round on  March 1, when a dozen more states make their choice.

The Trump victory claimed a major scalp when former Florida Governor Jeb Bush dropped out of the race.

He finished a distant fourth, days after his brother, former President George W Bush, made a rare political appearance to boost his flagging campaign.

Republican senators Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio were locked in a battle for second place in the state.

46 Responses to WORLD – Trump takes South Carolina

1. Del Houle
    Del Houle February 21, 2016 at 10:58 am

Trump needs to be stumped like nothing.

2. Miguel Carlos Jose Humphrey
    Miguel Carlos Jose Humphrey February 21, 2016 at 11:18 am

And the retarded idiots have won…the world will never be the same….But Bernie will still beat Clinton, and then win the Presidency.

• Mark Kozielec
      Mark Kozielec February 21, 2016 at 11:51 am

I hope so. I can’t say the words Trump and president in what would be the correct order if he wins. It’s amazing how many people buy into his style of hate. It’s amazing and sad.

• Miguel Carlos Jose Humphrey
      Miguel Carlos Jose Humphrey February 21, 2016 at 11:55 am

The powers behind the scenes….wont allow Trumpet !! to win BUT everyone needs a good show.

• Mark Kozielec
      Mark Kozielec February 21, 2016 at 12:28 pm

I have friends and family that I can’t even talk to right now over this. I’m 40, so I’ve been through a few elections, but never anything quite as crazy as 2016. I mean, it could be Trump vs Hillary who’s as big of a white collar criminal as anybody else out there(allegedly). Very sad time for America. Let’s go Bernie!

• Jema Goodluck
      Jema Goodluck February 21, 2016 at 12:36 pm

I hope so.

• Michael A Clarke
      Michael A Clarke February 21, 2016 at 4:06 pm

@ miguel carlos Sorry Trump will be President. Has been foretold

3. Melissa S Rollins
    Melissa S Rollins February 21, 2016 at 11:26 am

Mark my words he will be president! Somehow people are buying his talk! And if people who feel he is not for president keep talking at home but not getting out there voting he will be a given! Sad to say!

• John Johns
      John Johns February 21, 2016 at 12:34 pm

dont people buy the talk of all other lying politicians ? no different now

4. Crisann Simon
    Crisann Simon February 21, 2016 at 11:53 am

Jesus come for your world..these people just as sick as trump what the hell….

• Mark Cambridge
      Mark Cambridge February 21, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Its because trump assured them he going to get rid of black illegals out of the usa

5. Crisann Simon
    Crisann Simon February 21, 2016 at 12:17 pm

I want America to know what devastation it would cause to the world if Donald trump was to become president of the U S A…. Think about it Americans !!!!!!!! And don’t forget world leaders are. Watching listening and reading…

• Kris Julin
      Kris Julin February 21, 2016 at 8:35 pm

And you know this how??? A fortune teller???

• Ryan Bayne
      Ryan Bayne February 21, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Not only that but some will migrate to Canada.

• Mark Kozielec
      Mark Kozielec February 21, 2016 at 11:39 pm

I’m just glad my wife’s family owns property in Bim. I can only hope I win the lottery before the election, so I can try to move there if he wins. Lol. I’m an American that’s absolutely embarrassed that he has even made it this far. I refused to believe that my country was so full of bigots and hate until he started winning. I thought maybe, just maybe there were enough of us decent people left. I WAS WRONG!

6. Cherylann Bourne-Hayes
    Cherylann Bourne-Hayes February 21, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Thank goodness if there has to be a mass exodus I have a place I can go to. Bim. 🙂 I say to my American friends that at least I have somewhere I can go to. I will go and vote and hopefully many will and jot for this idiot.

7. jrsmith February 21, 2016 at 1:28 pm

It doesn’t matter what people anywhere, as like people in Barbados think of the Donald, My take , he is not a politician, as president ,then the world would really step into the 21st century.. he is one of the 62 people ,who owns almost 60 % of the worlds wealth..

8. Angela Maria
    Angela Maria February 21, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Proof that the USA is still chock full of bigoted, racist whites.

9. Lorraine Lewis
    Lorraine Lewis February 21, 2016 at 2:11 pm

…..why people acting surprised….he is just a reflection of the clowns in the good ole U.S

10. Beverley Headley
    Beverley Headley February 21, 2016 at 2:20 pm

He is just a tiny bit worse than bdos current administration!

• Beverley Headley
      Beverley Headley February 21, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Bajans,voted for DEM twice, let’s wait and see if Americans are that stupid-they only in the preliminaries.

11. Donna Haynes
    Donna Haynes February 21, 2016 at 3:30 pm

i still think i m dreaming or someone is playing a bad joke on us ..smh

12. Margaret February 21, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Talks bout building a wall to keep out immigrants, considering he married three, says pope Francis is too political because he spoke out against him. I think the KKK are his biggest fans. Man is an idiot. Imagine him waking up in a mood if he becomes president? Three days in and he will press red button.

13. Diane Kolesar
    Diane Kolesar February 21, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Looks to me like you really don’t get what’s going on in America….

14. Margaret Roberts
    Margaret Roberts February 21, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Same man who is going to build a wall to keep immigrants out but married 3, says pope Francis is too political because he stood up to him. His brain is addled, God forbid if he is voted in. KKK will be in their glory.

• Kris Julin
      Kris Julin February 21, 2016 at 8:36 pm

He married legal immigrants…

• Mark Kozielec
      Mark Kozielec February 21, 2016 at 11:47 pm

So what? He’s still an embarrassment. It’s disgusting that such a hateful bigot can even be near to winning. If he’s elected, our country will stand alone against the WHOLE world. We have few allies left and even more self created enemies because of our BS politicians. Hopefully anybody that votes for him don’t want to see the young in their families succeed , because they will all be forced to fight in WW3. Sorry. Rant over. I just hate that man so much

15. Margaret Alleyne
    Margaret Alleyne February 21, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Signs and wonders.god is still n control and he will put the right President. Just saying .God bless America

16. Wade Gibbons
    Wade Gibbons February 21, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Trump, Trump, Trump!!!!!

17. Diane Elaine Dias
    Diane Elaine Dias February 21, 2016 at 8:15 pm

I think Donald Trump is a one man ‘ weapon of mass destruction ‘ .

18. Kris Julin
    Kris Julin February 21, 2016 at 8:43 pm

He will be president because he cannot be bought. Trump 2016.

19. Crisann Simon
    Crisann Simon February 21, 2016 at 8:48 pm

You do not have to be a fortune teller anybody in their right minds can see even. A dummy dohhh….

20. Chris Gill
    Chris Gill February 21, 2016 at 9:00 pm

The Trump phenomenon is a reaction to the Obama nightmare.

21. Ryan Bayne
    Ryan Bayne February 21, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Once Donald Trump becomes president, America is gonna be segregated as it was before and still continues to be.

22. Jimmy White
    Jimmy White February 21, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Sad,i think..

23. Annie Swalef
    Annie Swalef February 21, 2016 at 10:22 pm

mi nah like this one mi seh

24. Ricardo Phillips February 22, 2016 at 6:01 am

I am reading these comments, and realizing how misinformed most of you guys are. Most of you ascribe racist overtones and comments to Trump, without realizing why he is getting so much support. I am an American of Barbadian decent, a very proud one. Since most of simply seem to get your information second hand, I will share with you why Trump is getting so much support. Many Americans ( of different ethnic groups) feel like America, rightly so in my opinion has been brought and destroyed by politicians. ( something many in Barbados should under since they allow their politicians to crave up the island and sell it to the highest bidder) America is not the shining beacon of hope any more. Now my family brought their airline tickets, when through the process to come to America the right and legal, we did not SNEAK over the border , like Mexican and other South Americans did. Last time I checked even Barbados had immigration laws, as do America ( as much as these South Americans feel entitled to come to America, not learn the language, not pay taxes , by pass the countless others who are doing things the right and legal. Trump has alway said that he is for legal immigration, we need the wall and badly. After 8 years of this communist, socialist Obama we need a change. Trump along with his supporters want to focus on America for a change, we are tired of taking care of other , bout time we take care of our own. I will be voting for him for sure, Go Trump

25. seagul February 22, 2016 at 6:05 am

He’ll be president because the sheep have been bought. One needs to question and inspect American and Barbadian society and the direction they are going.

26. jrsmith February 22, 2016 at 6:28 am

Trump ,would not be liked ,by most black people ,because he is not coating verses from the bible , or waving a bible in his hand.. Barbados have some dealing every day with , many of the companies The Donald own… don’t bite the hand …

27. Basil Graham February 22, 2016 at 6:34 am

Congratulations to Donald Trump……the right man for the job.

28. seagul February 22, 2016 at 7:52 am

Yeah congratulations, Babylon is falling and has become a habitation of devils. A home for every wicked spirit and a cage for every dirty bird. Whether we like the appellation devil or not we’re in rebellion against God….Jah.

29. jrsmith February 22, 2016 at 9:42 am

This kind of rubbish, this is the brain washing we have had for centuries, that’s why we are always at the cross roads with tin cup in hand begging for loans to survive.. God is for the white man, face the fact…