October 22, 2016 - Lashley urges innovation Minister of Culture, Youth and Spor ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Christmas Wonderland is back After a 12-year break, Simpson Moto ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Husbands wins St James South nomination Sandra Husbands has been elected th ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Burst main near Springer Memorial A crew from the Barbados Water Aut ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Helping Haiti The Help Haiti Today Radiothon, has ... +++ October 22, 2016 - St James man nursing stab wounds One woman is assisting police with ... +++

Father makes second appeal

For the second time this week, Mark Taylor made an emotional appeal for his 14-year-old daughter Kaneisha to return home.

It has been nearly a week since the teenager left home, telling a family member that she was going to meet a younger cousin at school. She was last seen near the St Luke’s Brighton Primary School in St George last Friday.

Police said she was wearing a red and white striped dress with black tights and a pair of black and white slippers. Her hair was plaited in two cornrows, with red braids.

The young girl had left home once before without word of her whereabouts, and was found three days later by police at the home of a St Michael man who was charged for involvement with a minor just last Thursday.

Earlier this week, Taylor held hope that his daughter would come home, telling Barbados TODAY he had suggested to the police where to search for her.

However, his spirit appeared fractured today, as he wondered aloud whether the child was being held against her will.

Mark Taylor just wants his missing daughter Kaneisha to come home.

Mark Taylor just wants his missing daughter Kaneisha to come home.

“This time it feels totally different to me now, that is the truth. Somehow to me, she leave home on her own free will, but this doesn’t seem like what she had planned. I think probably if she is somewhere, things may have got out of hand and I feel she being held against her will. I feel somebody telling her what to do,” he said.

Taylor said he was aware that the Royal Barbados Police Force was doing all it could to find his daughter. Yet, he remained anxious and wondered whether enough was being done.

“Up to this morning I called the station and was told that I would not get hold of the detective because everybody out in the field looking for my daughter.

“As a concerned parent I am just hoping and praying that somebody tell me or the police that they see her somewhere,” he said with a sigh.

The father said he logged on to his daughter’s Facebook page this morning, in the hope of discovering some form of activity that would restore his spirit, but found none. He also checked her clothing and it was all there.

“She just leave home with what she had on. What got me skeptical is knowing that she is no dirty person; she would want to bathe, she would want to change her clothing. This got me so good I don’t know what to think,” the father said.

Taylor explained that he and the child’s mother were not in a relationship. However, he said they had been corresponding and were both hoping for the safe return of their daughter.  (AH)

12 Responses to Father makes second appeal

1. Kayvonne N Clarke-corbin
    Kayvonne N Clarke-corbin February 19, 2016 at 7:24 am

Pray all goes well

2. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce February 19, 2016 at 8:22 am

This got me so good I don’t know what to think,” the father said. RPB look closer to home.

• Roslyn Clarke
      Roslyn Clarke February 19, 2016 at 9:53 am

Veroniva – in my twisted mind I’m thinking look close to home.

3. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce February 19, 2016 at 8:22 am
  4. Keryann Taylor
    Keryann Taylor February 19, 2016 at 8:50 am

Barbados Today has A Mother I am very concern is to Why I am the mother of Kaneisha Taylor and every time a story is published my view is not raise ,#2 I am the wife of mark Taylor and not only the children mother of his children ,I am really puzzle of to why I can’t be interview with him sense my daughter have been living with me all her life it’s only 2years we have got a closer relationship to her dad Mark Taylor Kaneisha is more open up to me and put all her concerns to me ,am feeling a little disappointed , Has to why every time I open up on the Barbados today am seeing dad dad dad mark Taylor Now this morning again dad Mark Taylor you all don’t think am hurt too and needs to view the way I feel about my missing Daughter Kaneisha Taylor #3 am reading about Kaneisha last disappears last December 2015 .Kaneisha wasn’t found at no man house after I put out the report missing cause at the time we all was living together the person who had her held against her will realize she’s missing put her on a van to Bridgetown A former primary school Teacher saw her in The Parris of st Michael stop her and take her to the police station ,Kaneisha is a very mannerly child never give me any trouble always walk alone in her distress .
    Kaneisha int no person who would just go around from bf to bf I honestly feel this person got her under her will and she’s hurting deeply .Kaneisha is so loving and I am just hurt has to y she would run away

I am not saying the police just sitting and not doing nothing but a minor could be out there in danger just hope and pray my daughter return home safe .

I need the public if there see or hear anything about my missing Daughter please contact me Mother Keryann Taylor 2880896 or nearest police station .

Thanks in advance.

• Sherene Drakes-Seales
      Sherene Drakes-Seales February 19, 2016 at 12:35 pm

I’ll play my part. I know this cannot be easy for you and family. I sincerely hope she’s returned to you safely.

• Sherene Drakes-Seales
      Sherene Drakes-Seales February 19, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Were any charges brought against the person who abducted her before?.. Is this person a family member or friend?.. Is Your daughter challenged in any way?.. Disabilities etc?.. Do you all have any clue who the person maybe?.. Sorry but these questions immediately comes mind as I read your views. Are you telling the public the entire truth or just part of?.. Be mindful people are more prone to help when they have a clearer picture.

5. Browne-love Jan
    Browne-love Jan February 19, 2016 at 11:07 am

someone needs to appoint a spokes person…ASAP!!!

• Sherene Drakes-Seales
      Sherene Drakes-Seales February 19, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Be nice.. Look beyond her grammatical inadequacies. She’s expressing her hurt.. Be sympathetic towards a fellow mother (presuming) and human being.

6. FirstLady Alexander
    FirstLady Alexander February 19, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Does it matter who gets to say what and who is featured and who she like best etc!!!….isnt her safe delivery home more important regardless of how it is accomplished!!….geeezzeee…..

7. Andrea BajanfromEaglehall Rock
    Andrea BajanfromEaglehall Rock February 19, 2016 at 2:34 pm

I pray for her safe return!

8. Linda Mayers McClean
    Linda Mayers McClean February 19, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Where is the picture? Did I miss it? Her picture should be plaster all over the place.