October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Relief on the way, says BWA The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) ... +++ October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Remembering David Thompson Today marks the sixth anniversary o ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Today’s weather The Barbados Meteorological office ... +++

Lady Saw: Over to god

Dancehall powerhouse Lady Saw has now retired from the dancehall life.

Lady Saw

Lady Saw

Following J Capri’s funeral service on Monday, Lady Saw, real name Marion Hall, officially threw in her hat, answering God’s calling.

Via her Instagram she wrote: “God as just spoken to me. He did so at J Capri’s service and finish[ed] it off in my house. I’m now a new servant of the Lord. All my dancehall shows will be cancel[led] ’cause God [has] call[ed] me to work for Him now. Glory be to the Most High God.”

On Monday, Lady Saw posted a video on her Instagram page of herself being baptized.

“I’m now washed of all my sins,” she wrote. “I’ve [given] my life to God fully and [am] ready to walk with Him and do His work.”

She is known for her many many hits, including Heels On, I Got Your Man, Man Is The Least, Chat To Mi Back. (DB)

15 Responses to Lady Saw: Over to god

1. Buddy Love
    Buddy Love December 17, 2015 at 11:01 am

Lawd ave mercy

2. Roslyn Sobers
    Roslyn Sobers December 17, 2015 at 11:22 am

Thank the Lord. Don’t turn back keep going forward in Jesus name.

3. Shadia Forde
    Shadia Forde December 17, 2015 at 12:04 pm

God is good keep going forward

4. David Joseph December 17, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Thank God for adding another soul and may she be preserved from the devil’s onslought; it sure will follow.

Also noticed Bdos Today could not spare the care to recognise ‘God’, prefferring ‘god’ as a caption!! ‘Lord… have mercy for they know not what they do’

5. Tristan John
    Tristan John December 17, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Hmmmm I wonder what atheists have to say to this. Her decision to walk on the right path truly shows the MIGHT & POWER of God!

6. Ryan Bayne
    Ryan Bayne December 17, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Yes, she did. Seems she was keeping her house in order around that time.

7. Michele Richards
    Michele Richards December 17, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Praise God. It’s a walk of one day at a time!

8. Lloyd Lewis
    Lloyd Lewis December 17, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Goody smart i know a person have the right to say what one feel like but u better think before u speak.

9. Nakita Xiv Iniestaxavivilla
    Nakita Xiv Iniestaxavivilla December 17, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Why ppl care if she said it a million times? I do hope your journey this time is eternal and you feel the grace of God!

10. TRUFUL December 17, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Praise God for one.

11. jrsmith December 21, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Very,very, amusing.

12. Menace II Babylon December 23, 2015 at 6:32 am

Hand me down beliefs, hand me down traditions, hand me down gods, hand me down ways of worship etc. For once take some time as a race of Akebullan’s and commit to doing some research and stop being so fixated by supremacy. The bible is a very sexist book removing the original matrilineal lineage and replacing it with a patriarchal knowledge base. Always revealed to men and not once have you ever questioned that? I dont knock what works for some people but inquire about your own Alkebullan spirituality as religion is confusion. His-Story dictates and documents such not me. We were force fed doctrines by mutilations, rapes, sodomy, pedophile tendencies etc to believe. My great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather believed. Like he had a choice. You adorn our walls of worship with extraneous paintings which has infiltrated the psyche of every Akebullan and is in most homes and regard your heritage as being demonic. As a people we have no culture, no knowledge base and we ignore our own history to adopt. I am happy you found your calling Lady Saw. But everything came from somewhere before it was plagiarized, adapted and force fed to fit the purpose of slavery. Can you even name one Akebullan deity? I forgot our spitutality is voodoo and nonsense in the eyes of massa. All the best Lady Saw the world has had enough of your debauchery, hedonism and perverseness. Everyone can change. Good on you Lady Saw as we have enough Bad B****** and not enough queens, empresses and princesses.

Menace II Babylon