News Feed

October 27, 2016 - United win Manchester derby Juan Mata struck to win a tight Man ... +++ October 27, 2016 - IAAF wants Bolt’s services KINGSTON, Jamaica – IAAF Pres ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Proper shutdown protocol needed, says Bynoe The Department of Emergency Managem ... +++ October 27, 2016 - ‘Out of touch’ Economist Ryan Straughn says the la ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Lowe looking to protect the south coast A senior policymaker has warned tha ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Road Hockey 5s hit halfway mark After three weeks of competition th ... +++

FC Twente banned for three years

FC Twente have been banned from European competition for three years by the Royal Netherlands Football Association.

Members of FC twente.

Members of FC twente.

The governing body said it had been “deliberately misled” by the club about a deal to sell player transfer fee rights to an outside investor.

FC Twente says it will not appeal.

Fifa has banned third-party player ownership as a threat to the game’s integrity because investors can inflate transfer fees to make a profit.

The Dutch FA says the punishment, including a 45,250 euros (£34,000) fine, follows Twente’s failure to reveal full details of a third-party ownership contract with Malta-based Doyen Sports Investments.

The Enschede-based club won their only Dutch League title under Steve McClaren, now the Newcastle boss, in 2009-10 but are currently third from bottom in the Dutch Eredivisie.

FC Twente said that the sanctions would “hit hard at the heart of our club”.

Twente’s professional licence will be revoked if they fail to fully cooperate with an independent investigation into the club’s structure, added the Dutch FA.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *