October 21, 2016 - Teenager bamboozles England Teenage off-spinner Mehedi Hasan to ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Local weed cultivation on the rise Marijuana cultivation is on the ris ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Pollard vents on his failed UAE tour PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Kie ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Teen faces indecency charge A St George teen who was charged in ... +++ October 21, 2016 - GAIA wage dispute resolution in sight A prolonged and sometimes bitter wa ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Combermere thrash Graydon Sealy Former champions Graydon Sealy had ... +++

Shooting death mars St Philip Carnival

One man is dead following an altercation at Ruby Main Road during the St Philip Carnival.

The incident occurred around 5p.m.

Police say the shooting victim Dwayne Burgess, who is in his 30s, died at the QEH after he was transported there by ambulance.

In the meantime, police are investigating another shooting incident in the same parish this evening. The victim, whose name has not yet been released, was transported to hospital.

9 Responses to Shooting death mars St Philip Carnival

1. Alex Alleyne November 30, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Just can’t have a nice time due to GUNS in the hands of FOOLS.

2. Wasman November 30, 2015 at 8:33 pm

This is the second shooting death associated with this carnival in a either 2 or 3 year period smh, I hope this will be noted.

3. Me December 1, 2015 at 5:57 am

Dwayne Burgess was an honest hard working young man who grew up rough and knew what hard ship was. His mother died young, his family grew up in rough conditions, but still, they produced and very reliable and willing man. If after all that he gets gunned down trying to make peace; the whole society, parents, teachers, all of us have to ask ourselves how are we raising our own children? What type of hyenas and jackels are we training at home to unleash into our country to cause havoc and kill innocent people!!!!

4. Veejay December 1, 2015 at 9:48 am

Why can’t people just go out and enjoy themselves without carrying some weapon. All the guns are in the hands of stupid and illiterate people who think they are big men because they are “packing”. I am so sad for my country.

5. Andrew Rudder December 1, 2015 at 11:37 am

We would like to ask ? Are these persons who carry these guns public making these guns? I lived in St. George during the sixties and seventies also spent some time in the early nineties. I remember the station sergeant at Boarded Hall calling my father to remind him his gun license annual date was due and fees had to be paid; now criminals have guns don’t pay license fees but use it any time in public may it be noon day or midnight moon light. Pray to God you get home safe! With all those police, coast guard and Defense force personnel on the island one would think there would be more intelligence on illegal fire-arms.

6. Donna December 1, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Just for the record, Dwayne was the peacemaker in an altercation between two men.

7. Donna December 1, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Didn’t see the post by “Me”. I knew Dwayne as a boy. I never saw him with anything but a smile on his face. Glad to hear he turned out to be a fine young man despite the hardship of his mother’s early death. HE DIED A HERO! RIP, son.

8. Eddie Forde December 1, 2015 at 6:24 pm

What is the police doing to get these guns off the streets?People should be able to go out and enjoy themselve and feel safe in doing so.I used to be so proud of my country of birth now I am begining to despair.

9. Nyah December 3, 2015 at 9:26 am

In the seriousness of this issue why was victim transported to QEH…I would have assumed that the newly opened St John hospital was closer in vicinity. Or is the hospital still not ready to function on that scale to accept patients ?