News Feed

October 25, 2016 - Vehicle overturns at Warrens Police say no injuries were reporte ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Digital direction Send and receive money digitally, e ... +++ October 25, 2016 - GG winding down school visits In a matter of weeks, once all goes ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Husbands, Walcott brilliant in Canada TORONTO, Canada – Veteran Bar ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Many positives on Windies A tour DAMBULLA, Sri Lanka – Head co ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Dismissal of iMart cashier raises eyebrows The Labour Department is said to be ... +++

Police confirm Smith’s death

The greatest fears of the family of missing woman Marcelle Smith have been realised.

Marcelle Smith

Marcelle Smith

The decomposed body of the woman found in a ravine at Halton Plantation in St Philip two Saturdays ago was positively identified this afternoon as that of 75-year-old Smith, who had been missing for the past three weeks.

Acting Commissioner of Police in charge of Crime Management and Investigation Livingstone Eversley told Barbados TODAY an autopsy conducted on the remains this afternoon not only confirmed the identity, but also found the cause of her death.

However, Eversley declined to disclose the full results until Smith’s family was first notified.

He was certain, though, that, as a result of the autopsy’s findings, the man now in police custody, charged with stealing Smith’s car, would be charged this week with her death.

After appearing in court last week to answer the theft charge, 36-year-old Cheriss Ince, a carpenter of Four Roads, St Philip was remanded to HMS Prison at Dodds, St Philip until tomorrow when he will appear in the District “C” Magistrates’ Court before Magistrate Christopher Birch.

2 Responses to Police confirm Smith’s death

  1. Tristan John
    Tristan John November 2, 2015 at 10:01 pm

    But the family said more than one person involved. Will they stop investigations after that monster is locked up? They shouldn’t….

  2. BOBO THE SAME CLOWN November 3, 2015 at 11:23 am

    If and when the accused or anyone else that is found who has committed this sickening crime ,or has had a hand in anyway in the disappearance and death of Mrs.Smith is finally brought to Justice, It should be swift and painful for those involved.

    The tax payers in Barbados should be spared the expenses that will be incurred by putting these scum bags in prison and allowing them to continue to rob the public of they hard earn moneys. Instead ,the death penalty should become mandatory when someone willfully kill another .
    There should be cases when the death penalty should not be warranted, but in this case and or similar cases ,there should be no leniency whatsoever. No mercy whatsoever should be granted.

    Someone in Barbados could and would gladly accept the job as the “HANGMAN”.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *