News Feed

October 26, 2016 - Wanted man bulletin Police are seeking the assistance o ... +++ October 26, 2016 - School feeding programmes could help fight NCDs A food and nutrition official has i ... +++ October 26, 2016 - Government has run out of options – Arthur Government’s fiscal policy is inf ... +++ October 26, 2016 - Sick airline A top official of regional airline ... +++ October 26, 2016 - Teachers back away from court threat The Barbados Union of Teachers (BUT ... +++ October 26, 2016 - Beacon supports regulatory move Beacon Insurance Company is giving ... +++

Murder charge likely against Ince

A St Philip man appeared in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court late this afternoon charged with stealing a $14 000 car belonging to Aurelius Smith, sometime between 12 and 17 October.


Smith is the husband of Marcelle Smith, who was reported missing earlier this month and whose body is believed to have been discovered in a ravine at Halton Plantation last Saturday.

Cheriss Ricardo Omar Ince, a 36-year-old carpenter of Nursery No 2, Four Road, St Philip has been charged with the offence, and prosecutors hinted that he was likely to be charged with the septuagenarian’s death as early as next week.

He was not required to plead when he appeared before Magistrate Douglas Frederick on the theft charge and the matter was transferred to District ‘C’ Magistrates’ Court where he will appear on November 3.

Wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, Ince stood quietly in the dock, handcuffed and holding firmly onto a green washcloth with both hands.

Station Sergeant Neville Watson objected to bail on the grounds that the accused was “already on bail for a capital offence, has several antecedents and the offence before the court is a serious one”.

“There is every likelihood that another capital charge could be proffered against the accused in very short order, as early as next week,” the prosecutor said.

Watson argued that the accused had not taken the “sanctity of bail” seriously and
that there was every likelihood that he would engage in other crimes if he were granted bail.

When questioned about representation, Ince first mumbled a response in a low voice, prompting the magistrate to ask him to repeat the response.

The accused then said that Marlon Gordon was representing him but the lawyer was not present in court at the time.  That being the case, Magistrate Frederick asked Ince whether he wanted to say anything in relation to the prosecutor’s objections.

“No Sir,” he replied.

Ince was inside the court for just about seven minutes before he was escorted out by police officers.

4 Responses to Murder charge likely against Ince

  1. Queenie ShaSha
    Queenie ShaSha October 30, 2015 at 9:30 pm

    Hes a suck phuck….evil is real

  2. Shadia Forde
    Shadia Forde October 30, 2015 at 9:45 pm

    He is ah real f***ing criminal ya look at he face demon man

  3. Nikki Vs Nicksie
    Nikki Vs Nicksie October 31, 2015 at 12:06 am
  4. Tristan John
    Tristan John October 31, 2015 at 12:08 am

    Sins finally catch up


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *