October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Relief on the way, says BWA The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) ... +++ October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++

Veteran journalist dies

Veteran journalist Charles Harding has died at age 73.

His wife Janet confirmed to Barbados TODAY that he passed away at the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital last night after suffering a heart attack. He had been hospitalised for three days.

charles hardingHarding, a former journalist at the Nation Publishing, has also had a long association with other regional newspapers.

He was managing director of East Caribbean Publications Inc from April 1997 – 2013 . The privately-owned organisation engaged in publishing, publicity and public relations, media consultancy and media house training.

More recently, he has served as editor of the Anglican, the official newspaper of the Anglican Diocese of Barbados.

He leaves to mourn his wife and one daughter.

9 Responses to Veteran journalist dies

1. Joceline Blackett
    Joceline Blackett October 25, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. May his soul rest in eternal peace.

2. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock October 25, 2015 at 2:28 pm

My sincere condolences to the friends and relatives of the late Charles Harding may he rest in peace amen!

3. Chaela Patricia
    Chaela Patricia October 25, 2015 at 2:32 pm

My condolences to his family, R.I.P

4. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock October 25, 2015 at 2:41 pm

One of my fond, memories of Charles Harding was in 1977 when both of us box at the YMCA on an Eric Sealy card in preparations for an opportunity to represent Barbados at the Golden Gloves championship in Miami, Charles fought Carson Glasgow, of Chapman lane in the heavy weight division he came out looking good until Carson until unleash some steady punches Charles cover up and Carson peep up under his hands and continue upper cutting Charles, after a while Charles shouted out tek off these gloves, off me and Charles relived that night when ever we met Charles was a great person very friendly. May he rest in peace amen!

5. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock October 25, 2015 at 2:42 pm

I also lost my fight too that night.

6. patricia edwards October 25, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Deepest sympathy to Jan and the entire family circle including in laws a true gentleman he was. Always bright and full of laughter is how I would always remember him.

7. Rosalind Eastmond
    Rosalind Eastmond October 25, 2015 at 4:22 pm

May he R.I.P .

8. Frederick Alleyne
    Frederick Alleyne October 25, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Condolences to his family.

9. Jackie McGurk-Jones October 30, 2015 at 3:22 pm

I’m deeply sadden to hear of your loss. May the memories help sustain you during this very difficult time.
    (I remember the last time I visited the great rum punch and jokes galore.)