October 24, 2016 - Police probe death at Golden Ridge, St George Police are investigating the sudden ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Possible funding for NGOs The Division of Economic Affairs ha ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++

Missing girls traced

Missing school girls, 15-year-old Mykayla Springer of Arch Hall, St Thomas, and 15- year-old T-Shona Boyce of Upper Bakers, St Peter, have been traced, police said this morning.

The two girls were reported missing yesterday.  The police report said at the time that they had left home around 7:00 a.m. the previous day wearing their school uniforms and had not been seen since.

22 Responses to Missing girls traced

1. Angela Thompson Branch
    Angela Thompson Branch October 24, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Glad they are found ,we should never judge ,every case is different.Could be one of our own.

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 24, 2015 at 6:45 pm

I agree, however if these were criminal in anyway what so ever we would hear of it. This is why we assume they are just doing as they please.

2. Tristan John
    Tristan John October 24, 2015 at 2:07 pm

I hope they were at the library revising for exams. And not by a man house……

3. Judy Kinch
    Judy Kinch October 24, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Heard about the boy that cried Wolf???

4. Claire Battershield
    Claire Battershield October 24, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Is this the thing for girls? Have anyone notice that boys do not go missing ? I remember that about three years ago I witnessed this trend .When there was an upcoming event or bank holidays teens went missing .I was going to write my thesis paper on this topic .I am now sorry I changed topics mid stream .It would be interesting to know why .

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 24, 2015 at 7:30 pm

I do believe the reason more girls are being reported missing is due to cultural beliefs that boys can look after themselves better than girls can. Boys have always been allowed the opportunity of coming and going as they please whereas girls have been sheltered and protected from the outside world. If parents were more trusting of their girl children, had an open communication, children would be more honest about their whereabouts as well as what they are up to and parents would not be left in the position of having to wonder where their children were. Perhaps most of the reported missing girls, wouldn’t have to be reported missing if they and their parents were more considerate of each other’s feelings and dealt with their trust and communication issues together. Professional help in educating parents and children to work together can be helpful in these situations.

5. Angela Thompson Branch
    Angela Thompson Branch October 24, 2015 at 4:09 pm

So what are some of the reasons let us ;look at it.I will start.Abusive situations in homes,gang related what else?

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 24, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Only difference between them and I, is that I use to call my parents and let them know. If children trusted that their parents would allow them the freedom of spending time with friends or partying, they would be more honest about what they are doing and their whereabouts rather than hide.

6. cecil p October 24, 2015 at 4:16 pm

I must say the police have too many problems on there hands to deal with. they just don’t have the time and resources to be looking for these young people who choose to walk away from home go to there friends place with out letting the parents know .u have the police looking all over the damn island for them while there at they friends place hanging out this is funny what’s up with that ?

7. Thomas Katt
    Thomas Katt October 24, 2015 at 6:57 pm

She done get trace…and laced

8. Hatsofftoyou October 25, 2015 at 10:53 am

I agree with those who say that the reason for the disappearances need to be exposed..Yes Barbados is small but if you don’t think that the neighbour and the village ain’t talking you are wrong… Time to tell all of us officially… You are asking for our help in locating the child now tell us why… Some Bajans actually worry about these missing girls ….