October 22, 2016 - Lashley urges innovation Minister of Culture, Youth and Spor ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Christmas Wonderland is back After a 12-year break, Simpson Moto ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Husbands wins St James South nomination Sandra Husbands has been elected th ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Burst main near Springer Memorial A crew from the Barbados Water Aut ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Helping Haiti The Help Haiti Today Radiothon, has ... +++ October 22, 2016 - St James man nursing stab wounds One woman is assisting police with ... +++

UPDATE – Car of missing woman found

Police are reporting that the vehicle of missing St Philip resident, Marcelle Smith, was found on Chelston Park, Culloden Road, St Michael this morning.

Seventy-five year-old Smith, of Farm Road St Philip, was reported missing last Wednesday.

Police public relations officer, ASP David Welch told Barbados TODAY that although her vehicle has been found, Smith remains unaccounted for.

Marcelle Smith’s car was found at Chelston Park, Culloden Road, St Michael this morning

Both the police and her family have been searching for Smith; her family has offered a $5000 reward for anyone with information on her location.

ASP Welch today issued a fresh appeal for the public’s assistance in locating Smith, and asked anyone with information on her whereabouts to contact the nearest police station.

Lawmen are also appealing for information regarding missing teenager Emela John, who was reported missing last Sunday.

Emela John was reported missing last week.

Her mother, Trudy Lawrence, and the police have been asking for the public’s help in finding the 18-year-old.

27 Responses to UPDATE – Car of missing woman found

1. Alex Alleyne October 18, 2015 at 4:38 pm

I hope that the car was dusted for finger prints before any one touch anything .

2. Hope Bless
    Hope Bless October 18, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Lord I hope she and the young lady are ok

3. Marva Lashley-Todd
    Marva Lashley-Todd October 18, 2015 at 6:01 pm

4. Ashanda Coward
    Ashanda Coward October 18, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Yes me too Hope Bless

5. Hope Bless
    Hope Bless October 18, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Ashanda just pray 2 ladies missing that is sad

6. Conchita Moseley
    Conchita Moseley October 18, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Hope this mother is found safe and well

7. Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks
    Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks October 18, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Praying for her safe return

8. Maria Leclair
    Maria Leclair October 18, 2015 at 10:53 pm

What ever happened to the Amber Alert Bajans were so proud of? Now the time has come where they could actually make themselves useful, where are they? They wasted almost 2 years constantly abusing the Amber system, mostly for teens who purposely and conveniently disappeared on their own accorded to do there own thing. Now we have a lady who is worthwhile looking for and needs to be found, where is Amber?

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase October 19, 2015 at 8:35 am

Amber Alert never “wasted” time or abused anything. It was a system in place to help find ANYONE who was reported MISSING regardless of the situation.
      How can they be blamed?
      “Now we have a lady who is worthwhile…….” What bovine excrement is this?!?
      Were the others who were/are missing worthless?

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase October 19, 2015 at 10:56 am

She is an ignorant twat, that’s why.

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 19, 2015 at 2:28 pm

I knew I would get flack for my comments due to the fact there are people who for some unknown reason cannot understand the concept of what an Emergency System is to be used for. Every one on this planet is “Worthwhile” however it is only “Worthwhile” looking for those who are legitimately missing. Anyone in BIM who does not show up at home becomes a missing person, people need to understand the differences between missing and not wanting to be located.

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 19, 2015 at 2:31 pm

My question remains, where is Amber Alert and the citizens who have the means to help in finding this lady?

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 19, 2015 at 2:41 pm

And just so that you know I contacted Amber Alert specifically in regards to this missing lady to offer my assistance. Apparently Amber Alert does not seem to be in operation. My guess is due to lack of volunteers and I say that with good reason.

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 19, 2015 at 4:12 pm

With exception to one 12 year old boy who was found hiding in a shed for an entire 2 days there has been no endangerment to any of the numerous teens who were labeled as missing who eventually returned home on their own accord. It was evident in many ways, which I am not going to get into, since it is a waste of energy, the so called missing were not legitimately missing. Those who leave home because they don’t want to be in their home environment are not actually missing. They are runaways, there is a vast differences between the two.

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 19, 2015 at 4:39 pm

What is your point? What does your comment have to do with my reply to your questions? Go help how ever you can and quit your nit picking. I have already offered my assistance, what have you done?

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 19, 2015 at 4:52 pm

That’s great Ingrid King, great job. Sure hope this lady is located safe soon. The more time goes by, the more concerning it becomes.

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair October 19, 2015 at 4:56 pm

I did not make assumptions, my comments were made based on circumstances and the outcome of the numerous false alarms.

9. Janette Reifer
    Janette Reifer October 18, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Barbados is only a few sq mile. Car found and not the women ? This one looks fishy to me…Believe it or not !

10. Tristan John
    Tristan John October 19, 2015 at 12:01 am

They sure she missing though? I hope she just taking a break from reality. She’s her own woman. She’ll return when she’s ready. God’s willing…

• ken October 19, 2015 at 7:06 am

Wouldn’t it be cruel not to even contact the family (in your reality) just to let them know that she is safe at least, knowing that there is an island wide search for her

11. Conchita Moseley
    Conchita Moseley October 19, 2015 at 3:17 am

We must not think the worst.

12. ken October 19, 2015 at 7:02 am

I am wondering if maybe chelston business park or any other buildings in the area has any security cameras to pick up any suspicious activities surrounding the car. I am sure it was not there during the week and had to have been placed there over the weekend.

13. Alex Alleyne October 19, 2015 at 7:04 am

14. Observer October 19, 2015 at 7:41 am

I pray that those ladies be okay because barbados is too small for all these missing people and the amount of criminal activities that’s going around in the little 166 square miles

15. Menace II Babylon October 21, 2015 at 4:50 am

I will hold no punches in stripping pieces of flesh from these bandits with their ridiculous statements. Not all of we on this page is guy smileys, neither do we subscribe to plantation beliefs.

Cheeky feisty bandit…

16. Menace II Babylon October 21, 2015 at 4:54 am

I almost forgot one of theirs is not even worth 20 of Alkebulan lifes……You know good what ever bajan should do….