October 21, 2016 - Teenager bamboozles England Teenage off-spinner Mehedi Hasan to ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Local weed cultivation on the rise Marijuana cultivation is on the ris ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Pollard vents on his failed UAE tour PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Kie ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Teen faces indecency charge A St George teen who was charged in ... +++ October 21, 2016 - GAIA wage dispute resolution in sight A prolonged and sometimes bitter wa ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Combermere thrash Graydon Sealy Former champions Graydon Sealy had ... +++

Long live Joe’s memory!

On the passing of the late Joseph Niles, the renowned and legendary Barbadian gospel artist, the Congress of Trade Unions and Staff Associations of Barbados (CTUSAB) pays tribute to this distinguished son of the soil.

Joseph Niles

Joseph Niles

He has made an indelible contribution to Barbados, and can be credited with being an ambassador at large for his country and by extension the English-speaking Caribbean, as he traversed the world as a gospel singer.

Barbados has lost an icon who is deserving of further national recognition for the contribution he has made in the placing the name of Barbados on the international stage, and for his music which was significant in promoting our religious faith that is so integral in the socialization of our people –– irrespective of religious persuasion.

Barbadians can be forever proud of the unswerving commitment the late Brother Joseph Niles demonstrated to his country and to the promotion of gospel music.

These are to be seen as the features of his legacy, and it is expected that they will be noted in the annuals of Barbadian history.

As the nation mourns his loss, Barbadians can be assured that although he is no longer here on this Earth, the music that he has left, will preserve his memory through generations to come.

Long live his memory!

–– DENNIS DE PEIZA, General Secretary.

8 Responses to Long live Joe’s memory!

1. Smith Maxine
    Smith Maxine September 23, 2015 at 12:10 pm

2. Diana Cave
    Diana Cave September 23, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Mr Neville Quarless , I totally agree with you , Joe Niles was well loved by a wide cross section of people, my family and I had loved his music.
    And truly some organization or or some person in the gospel arena could have had a fund raising event held to raise funds to help with some expenses.

Not that the family is in dire need of it , but just to show respect and appreciation for the good music he has produced

But it is often said a King never get honour in his own Country , but thank God he will be singing and dancing with the greatest of them all , that is God’s holy host in heaven .

I hope he gets a good send off , on his funeral their could really show us live that would be a good thing to do

To his family , my condolences goes out to you all , RIP Mr Niles you needed it.

3. Vivica Primo
    Vivica Primo September 23, 2015 at 2:10 pm

4. Hazel Morgan
    Hazel Morgan September 23, 2015 at 3:02 pm

5. Venice Daisley
    Venice Daisley September 23, 2015 at 6:56 pm

6. Jimmy September 24, 2015 at 5:58 am

The man whose music possessed the ability to uplift and console at the same time. Respect.

7. sage christmas September 24, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Joseph Niles will live on for ever, I allowed my six year old to hear his music from 4 years old and man she love this guy. My father brought my first gospel album at the tender age of 11 and I selected a Joseph Niles because his music was the thing of the day. Joseph Niles was a top of de line name in Barbados and around the world. His music was well loved that it was even played at dances and on excursions. I was honored to sang on the same stage his wonderful legend preformed on . It was a dream of mines to do back up singing with him and that Day I wanted to asked him to let us do a little something , but the man is a legend and knew that he would have said yes ,but I just settle to sharing the same stage. I will do back up singing with him in heaven some day. R.I.P Joseph Niles