October 22, 2016 - Water hope Relief could soon be on the way for ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Priest supports ban on religious teaching in schools An outspoken Anglican cleric is sup ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Child’s mental plight Children as young as ten years old ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Bitter infighting mars BLP nominations A political firestorm appears to be ... +++ October 22, 2016 - ‘Illegal’ levy Government’s newly-introduced two ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Too much pressure on A&E, warns official The Accident & Emergency Depart ... +++

Police investigate death of baby girl

Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a three-month-old baby girl.

The infant was discovered by her aunt in a family bedroom at Combermere Street, The City.

She was found unresponsive at about 5:15 am and subsequently pronounced dead.

9 Responses to Police investigate death of baby girl

1. Melissa S Rollins
    Melissa S Rollins September 22, 2015 at 10:26 pm

If the baby was not sick of course the police would look into it but that DOES not mean this is a case of abuse!! So don’t jump to that conclusion!! Nevertheless, RIP little one.

2. Violeta Patricia Piggott
    Violeta Patricia Piggott September 22, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Hurting ma head

3. Shakira Shemora
    Shakira Shemora September 22, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Sounds like sids

4. Ormond Mayers September 23, 2015 at 12:37 am

Hope this is not a case of child abuse. There are too many cases where children are abused to the extent of death and it appears the police and CCB are unable to take corrective action, to bring the culprits to justice.
    There is need for firm action to stamp out this menance of abuse.

5. jrsmith September 23, 2015 at 11:46 am

Investigative justice always gives more satisfaction ,beyond a reasonable doubt. babies dying or people dying in they sleep is nothing new, but we need honest to goodness person to be our investigators. in such cases.

Not accusing anyone in this case , we must all wait and see the outcome.

Child abuse, extends itself ,way beyond wealth or who you are and we are always surprise that this behaviour is rampant in so call develop countries with they upper classes. I do hope our bajan people be more vigilant in our surroundings,

6. Tony Waterman September 23, 2015 at 12:39 pm

@All Yuh!!!!A PROPER Forensic Investigation including an AUTOPSY should give us our answer, but it sure sounds likke SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) to me.

7. Tia Maloney September 23, 2015 at 6:53 pm

This have me feel so bad I cried. I saw went they rushed in the baby. All I was thinking of was my own children and of that was me. I can happen to anyone.
    I prayer healing and comfort on that family at this time.
    Rest in peace, safe in the arms of Jesus.