TRINIDAD – Eight-year-old electrocuted
PORT OF SPAIN –– Grief overcame a Penal community today as eight-year-old Breanna Jessica Jaglal was electrocuted as she tried to charge her electronic tablet today.
The wails of Breanna’s father, Brendon Jaglal, could be heard houses away after he got the news that his second of two children died at the San Fernando General Hospital.
Reports indicate that Breanna was using her tablet downstairs of her home at Batchiya Branch Trace around 8:30 a.m. Relatives said she went into the washroom and tried to plug the charger into an extension cord which hung on the wall over a washer. As she made contact with the socket, she began fidgeting and fell to the ground.
Her parents Brendon and Ann Maureen Jaglal contacted the emergency health services who took her to the hospital. However, the standard two pupil of Dayanand Memorial Vedic School, Penal, succumbed as doctors attended to her.
By mid-morning, T&TEC workers had already disconnected power to the house which relatives believe may have faulty wiring as the electrical system was old.