Rape accused youth remains on remand
That determination was made today by Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant after Rico Danny Kirton made an application to the court for bail.
Kirton, of no fixed place of abode, is charged with indecently assaulting a female on March 10 this year and raping another on March 26.
In his application to the District ‘A” Magistrates Court No. 2, the accused said he had been on remand for five months so far and others facing similar charges had been granted bail.
Responding, Station Sergeant Peter Barrow told the court that he was renewing the prosecution’s objections to bail on the grounds that Kirton had no fixed place of abode and that when the alleged offences were committed, he was already on bail for another serious matter.
Barrow argued that if given bail, there was “a strong likelihood” of Kirton reappearing before the court on similar offences.
Bail was denied and Kirton’s cases adjourned until September 30.