Woman on $2 000 bail

COURT TODAY BLOCKA teenaged girl has her mother to thank for not being sent to prison.

Shamara Jaleesa Jamillia Small, 19, of Near Hope, Newbury, St George was released on $2 000 bail today after appearing in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court charged with theft.

Small is accused of stealing two fragrance mists and one hand body cream, with a total value of $96.97, from Cave Shepherd and Company Limited yesterday.

She pleaded not guilty to both charges.

After being asked by Magistrate Douglas Frederick if she had anyone to stand bail
for her, her mother Donna Lovell quickly offered to do so.

There was no objection to bail by the prosecution.

Small will return to court on November 23.

14 Responses to Woman on $2 000 bail

1. Maria Leclair
    Maria Leclair September 2, 2015 at 2:38 am

If her mother can afford $2000.00 to bail her out for stealing under $100.00 worth in merchandise, Why would she not have asked her mom to borrow the money, rather than steal. She won’t learn dick by having her mother bail her out.

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair September 2, 2015 at 6:02 am

Adrian perhaps you should be asking yourself “what your problem is with me”? Don’t play games, you know exactly what I mean!

• Andrena Ceasar
      Andrena Ceasar September 2, 2015 at 6:16 am

You are in correct on the bail issue

• Andrena Ceasar
      Andrena Ceasar September 2, 2015 at 6:16 am

You are incorrect on the bail issue

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase September 2, 2015 at 6:45 am

I don’t have a problem with you personally
      I have a problem with people who like to speak with authority on issues they do not understand while trying to appear smart.
      Unfortunately, in this time of the intellectually lazy, others will take your words as truth.
      I am NOT playing games neither do I understand what you meant as it is incorrect.
      Get it right before posting.

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase September 2, 2015 at 6:48 am

Again…. more asinine comments on the issue .
      Someone give this lady a shovel……please!

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair September 2, 2015 at 6:51 am

And you Adrian M Chase is one to talk about having a problem with people who like to speak with authority. Looks like the pot is trying to call the kettle black!

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase September 2, 2015 at 7:09 am

Prove my comments wrong and I will readily admit.
      Yours have been and you deleted them to save face.
      Take a seat!

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair September 2, 2015 at 7:15 am

You are out to lunch! Why should I prove you wrong? Get a grip and simmer down with the stupidity.

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase September 2, 2015 at 7:33 am

LOL….Stupidity is deleting your posts after you have been proven wrong but still continuing to comment after being called out….It’s you who need to get a grip on things Barbadian.
      Continue please….this is amusing.

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair September 2, 2015 at 8:09 am

Adrian M Chase I deleted my responses to you, you are someone I prefer to have nothing to do with. You are disrespectful and no doubt racists!

• Adrian M Chase
      Adrian M Chase September 2, 2015 at 8:28 am

Oh???
      How am I a racist?
      It’s amazing how you jumped to that conclusion…..based on what?
      Is it the fact that I proved you wrong by your asinine comments on the issue?
      Rather than learn something new in relation to the application of bail in Barbados, you decide to be stubborn or as we Bajans say pouful foolish….lol
      You deleted the ignorant comment, which by the way was NOT directed to me but to the topic because others and myself told you it was wrong.
      Not your only viable retort it to accuse me of being racist…what a joke.
      I have no desire of wanting anything to do with you, however, I will hold you or anyone else’s feet to the flames every time you chose to speak incorrectly of anything Barbadian, whether black, white, brown, pink or green.
      Racist……NO!!
      Proud Bajan….YES like rashole!!

• Maria Leclair
      Maria Leclair September 2, 2015 at 8:31 am

You have been in previous posts. That’s All I have to say to you. No need to play games, you know exactly what I am referring to. I am sure you haven’t forgotten.

2. Kevin September 3, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Adrian & Maria, get a room and have some tea.