October 24, 2016 - Colombians arrested and charged Police have arrested and charged tw ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Man on firearm and ammo charge Police have arrested and charged 54 ... +++ October 24, 2016 - 62-year-old St Lucy resident missing Police are seeking the assistance o ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Today’s weather A tropical wave is affecting the is ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Police probe death at Golden Ridge, St George Police are investigating the sudden ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Possible funding for NGOs The Division of Economic Affairs ha ... +++

Employee hurt during robbery

A staff member at Tapas restaurant in Hastings, Christ Church is nursing an injury to the head after a robbery last night.

According to police public relations officer Acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch, two masked men, one armed with a knife, entered the restaurant and stole a cash till containing an undisclosed sum of money around 9:45 p.m.

During the incident, the male staff member received a cut to his head. While it was not life-threatening, it was serious enough to merit medical attention.

32 Responses to Employee hurt during robbery

1. Nikki Vs Nicksie
    Nikki Vs Nicksie August 27, 2015 at 11:07 am

Wow wtf

2. Kathie Daniel August 27, 2015 at 11:33 am

I am so relieved that the employee was not seriously harmed, at least not physically. I imagine the mental trauma must be quite severe.
    But really now, Barbados, we need to stop this nonsense. Suppose these robbers had encountered another person armed with a gun and the skills to use it? This story might have had a very different ending.
    Please, my people, stop this crap!

3. Danielle Reid-Melillo
    Danielle Reid-Melillo August 27, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Omg no where there is safe now!

4. Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks
    Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks August 27, 2015 at 12:26 pm

No where is safe just a luck and a chance imagine u living in America where you have to be alert mentally 24/7 and u come home and you have to be more on the alert than in USA, eventually you going to get fed up

5. seagul August 27, 2015 at 12:47 pm

The first concern of our political leaders should be addressing the welfare of the working poor and the very poor–This is urgent.
    They say the sun an-a shines for all,
    But-a yin some people world, it don’t shine at all….Crisis

6. Michael Crichlow
    Michael Crichlow August 27, 2015 at 12:52 pm

The crime in Barbados is miniscule in comparison per population. .do your research before panicking. .I live in North America.dont let no tourist tell you how unsafe Bim is Who live across the pond even those from the UK..gun violence is down there but stabbing is spiraling…

• Danielle Reid-Melillo
      Danielle Reid-Melillo August 27, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Look there’s nothing to do in barbados! If you can’t have dinner in peace what will people do? Stay in there house? This is major for barbados!

• Michael Crichlow
      Michael Crichlow August 27, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Danielle Reid-Melillo crime on any level is bad frankly speaking. .in Chicago they had 400 murders that is one area of the state’…Crime and criminals are a part of society even in Paradise

• Danielle Reid-Melillo
      Danielle Reid-Melillo August 27, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Screw Chicago! I hope you don’t have any family in barbados and you talking so! You were gone for too long maybe.

• Michael Crichlow
      Michael Crichlow August 27, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Danielle Reid-Melillo I do have family in large numbers there and some who are moving back this year…nothing remains the same even folks reminisce of a simple time here in Canada about leaving your door unlocked. ..

• Beverley Greaves
      Beverley Greaves August 27, 2015 at 2:33 pm

I totally agree with you. I also live in the US, but Barbados is too small for the level of that amount of crime. I hate to hear when people continue to compare a 166 Sq mile island with these big countries, it really does not make sense.

• Michael Crichlow
      Michael Crichlow August 27, 2015 at 2:40 pm

It was not a comparison but more on statistics per population…..go ahead now published the crimes in other Caribbean islands if size is your concern. ..Crime happens every where, live your life without fear or live in a sanitized bubble people..

• Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks
      Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks August 27, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Totally agree with Diana and Beverley Greaves I have been saying this long time while other countries were more use to the violence more than us we were not use to it so I don’t like the comparison

• Danielle Reid-Melillo
      Danielle Reid-Melillo August 27, 2015 at 3:13 pm

People. Ome to barbados to escape from the stress of being in the first world. No one is going to stop coming to Chicago for crime because you expect America to be dangerous, especially being black. No one expects to be robbed while having dinner in barbados. Plus the security in most places there is a joke!

• Michael Crichlow
      Michael Crichlow August 27, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Diana Cummins you now lost me there..put forth a better scenario for I now am becoming easily bored with your argument tabled

• Michael Crichlow
      Michael Crichlow August 27, 2015 at 6:26 pm

7. Dianne Barker
    Dianne Barker August 27, 2015 at 1:32 pm

I’m glad this person was not seriously hurt. I guess these establishments should invest in cameras. It is so sad to read daily about the lawlessness of a few on the island. Barbados really don’t need this negative publicity day in and day out.

8. Alex Alleyne August 27, 2015 at 4:09 pm

Another bit of bad news . I do hope that the restaurant is equip with CCTV so that the faces of these crooks will be seen.( but I am not sure that the cops can use such in court).

9. Duane Burke
    Duane Burke August 27, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Statistics only matter if you are not part of that statistic. Using comparatives of a higher level crime location like the US does nothing for tge folks at Monster Bar or now Tapas. It should never be acceptable that crime shoukd catch up with the levels experienced in North America, TnT or JA.

10. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce August 27, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Best Wishes and Speedy recovery to the victim. Left no stone on turn, find the outlaws, get them off the streets before their kill someone.

11. Watchman August 27, 2015 at 7:40 pm

I guess between free primary and secondary schooling the government has never done anything so young people can position themselves to prosper. Skills Training never happened, SJPP and BCC are just my imagination too. TVET was a show on TV right ????
    It really sickens me when Bajans keep going on about the government. So many avenues available where all one has to do is send in an application form and wunna grumble bout dat and complain.

It is not de government buying de drugs, selling de drugs, drinking wid de drug men, liming on de block, harbouring fugitives, littering etc. People act like Chris and Inniss is who run in and tek de cashier while Stuart was driving de get away car. Get real people is wunna dat is de problem. When something happen is dem want hanging etc, but when a detective come and ask for lil cooperation it is “Dont ask me, cause I did not see. Inform who ? Never not me.”

Who knows better has to do better and since that doesn’t happen wunna getting as wunna DESERVE.

12. Tony Waterman August 30, 2015 at 1:19 am

@Michael Crichlow!!!!So i guess that Because there is Crime elsewhere, we should accept it and become Fortress Barbados, without trying to minimise it or eradicate it as much as is possible

@Shakira Shemora!!!!! I was just in Barbados for my Annual Trip,(Jul.17 to Aug.19th) and nowhere did i ever pay $3.00 for a snow cone. Swan Street, Browns Beach and elsewhere, don’t know how you got to py $3.00 for yours. and i was at the Beach 20 times. and downtown 5 times ($50.00 on Snow cones alone) you would have spent $25.00 more than i did. not a good shopper