News Feed

October 24, 2016 - Police probe death at Golden Ridge, St George Police are investigating the sudden ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Possible funding for NGOs The Division of Economic Affairs ha ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++

Magistrate keeps word, dismisses cases

COURT TODAY BLOCKMagistrate Douglas Frederick dismissed two 2011 cases which came up for hearing in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today.

The first was against three St Michael men: Carlo Robert Taylor, 23, of Peterkin’s Land, Bank Hall;  Brian Rasheen Forde, 26, of 15A Crestview Terrace, Eden Lodge and Javere Marlo Alleyne, 25, of Block 10 Patience Drive, Eden Lodge.

The trio pleaded not guilty to entering Nigel Webb’s house on April 14, 2011 and stealing clothing, belts, jewellery, sneakers and US currency, totalling $28 080.

After the prosecutor reported that efforts had been made to have the file available but it still was not, he asked for an adjournment. The Magistrate then asked the accused men to respond.

“This case was going on for years, Sir, and it ain’t going nowhere,” one said.

A second accused reminded the Magistrate: “You promised a final adjournment the last time so I was looking forward to that this time.”

“I looking for a dismissal,” he added.

The last accused recalled that “on the last occasion, you told the prosecutor man to bring the complainant”.

“If I say something, I really should be a man of my word. Otherwise, my word doesn’t mean anything,” Magistrate Frederick responded.
“Case dismissed.”

Another case against Ryan Christopher Leach, of #42 Clearview Drive, Wotton Terrace, Christ Church, also suffered the same fate.

Leach was charged with the July 3, 2011 offence of unlawfully and maliciously inflicting serious bodily harm on Gaynel Jackman.

When the prosecution requested an adjournment, it was denied.

“This is a matter from July 2011. That is a long time. I can’t give you a further adjournment,” Magistrate Frederick said.

5 Responses to Magistrate keeps word, dismisses cases

  1. Rawle Spooner
    Rawle Spooner July 30, 2015 at 7:30 am

    Justice system in Barbados garbage worse than third world and government doing nothing to fix it but then again citizens letting it happen.

  2. Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks
    Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks July 30, 2015 at 7:33 am

    These are all set up

  3. Olutoye Walrond July 30, 2015 at 7:59 am

    Justice, O Justice. How they have trampled you under foot and ground you into the dust.

  4. Alex Alleyne July 30, 2015 at 9:05 am

    WELL, WELL, WELL . What will I be reading next from the decisions made in the “LAW COURT” of Barbados………….. Next it will be GITTENS.

  5. Samuel Morrison July 31, 2015 at 8:23 am

    Rawle Spooner. There is something known as the separation of powers. Look it up if you have the ability to.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *