News Feed

October 22, 2016 - Intrigue among Barbados Pride With the start of the 2016-17 West ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Water hope Relief could soon be on the way for ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Priest supports ban on religious teaching in schools An outspoken Anglican cleric is sup ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Child’s mental plight Children as young as ten years old ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Bitter infighting mars BLP nominations A political firestorm appears to be ... +++ October 22, 2016 - ‘Illegal’ levy Government’s newly-introduced two ... +++

$5,000 bail for St Michael man

COURT TODAY BLOCKA St Michael man was not required to plead to having articles with him – those articles being a ski mask and a pair of gloves – to be used in connection with robbery or theft on Monday.

Ryan Andre Smith, a 33-year-old labourer of Storey Gap, Codrington Road, today appeared before Acting Magistrate Elwood Watts, who read the charge to him in the District ‘A’ Traffic Court.

Prosecuting Station Sergeant Neville Watson objected to bail for Smith. He noted the accused had four previous convictions and was already on bail on charges related to firearm and assault offences.

Watson also contended Smith had “not paid homage to the sanctity of bail and is back before the court today.”

Defence attorney Romain Marshall told the court that according to what his client had told him, both matters had been dismissed some time ago.

Even if they were not dismissed, Marshall submitted, they “should not be held over the accused’s head with regard to a matter which allegedly occurred this week”.

Marshall also said Smith was gainfully employed, the father of two and a good candidate for bail.

After hearing arguments, Acting Magistrate Watts granted the accused $5,000 bail and adjourned the matter until September 15.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *