Trinidad – Teenager dragged from car, executed
PORT OF SPAIN – A Laventille woman who was just overcoming the grief after her husband was murdered a year ago has been thrown into mourning again after her son was killed on Saturday.
Antoinette Richards said the murder took place exactly one year and three days since the shooting death of her husband, Ralph Peters, at upper Duncan Street, Port-of-Spain allegedly over the purchase of the last pie at a nearby bakery.
On Saturday, gunmen dragged her 19-year-old son Anthony Richards from a car at Upper St Barbs, Laventille and shot him. His attackers also smashed a beer bottle in his face.
Speaking with the media outside the Forensic Science Centre, St James yesterday Richards said after the killing of her husband she became ill and moved out of their Picton Road home. Since then, she had been staying at her relatives home at St Barbs.
The teenager was on his way to his mother’s house at around 10 am on Saturday when he was killed.
“I wasn’t sick before they killed my husband. Since then I sick. They kill my son for nothing. He was a Cepep worker. He was not in no gang he was not in no robbery or anything. He only used to lime at home,” Richards said.
She said that her son was a Muslim and the area where he was killed is believed to be controlled by the Rasta City gang. She said her son was not involved in the Rasta City vs Muslim war and questioned why he was gunned down.
Richards said something must be done so that mothers like her would not have to be burying loved ones who were innocently gunned down.