October 27, 2016 - Proper shutdown protocol needed, says Bynoe The Department of Emergency Managem ... +++ October 27, 2016 - ‘Out of touch’ Economist Ryan Straughn says the la ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Lowe looking to protect the south coast A senior policymaker has warned tha ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Road Hockey 5s hit halfway mark After three weeks of competition th ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Sutherland rubbishes Green Economy Scoping study Member of Parliament for St George ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Switch to solar power still too expensive, complains Clarke Member of Parliament for St George ... +++

Lowe calls out Mia

Screen shot 2015-06-17 at 7.06.28 PMMinister of the Environment Dr Denis Lowe has challenged Opposition Leader Mia Mottley to produce her legal certificate.

After making his doctoral certificate a document of the House of Assembly a short while ago, he called on Mottley, whose legal certification has been called into question by members of the Government, to do the same.

The embattled Environment Minister, who said he was not in the habit of picking fights for no reason, said he was prepared to fall on his knees and apologize if  he had wronged Mottley in any way.

However, “I will defend myself”, said Lowe.

He warned “if she can’t bring it”,  she could face either 5,000 or 12 months in jail for practicing law illegally.

7 Responses to Lowe calls out Mia

1. Patrick Blackman June 17, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Is this the nonsense we pay our taxes for? Both of these fools should be made to resign.

2. Samuel Morrison June 18, 2015 at 1:22 am

Patrick Blackman you cannot be for real. Mia Mottley has hounded him for years about his lack of a PhD. Should he have kept silent, Or are you hurt that your friend cannot produce her legal certificate. Be fair you talking nonsense.

3. Concerned Bajan June 18, 2015 at 8:00 am

Samuel Morrison if you digest Patrick’s entire comment he said both of them should resign. Why does something like this need to be brought forward at budget time? What is it’s purpose?

4. Patrick Blackman June 18, 2015 at 8:50 am

@Samuel Morrison – what does either of them having a certificate has to do with representing the people of B’dos or commenting on the merits of the budget? B’dos has serious problems that need to be corrected and these two fools engaging in stupidity, need to go.

5. Charles Worrell June 18, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Come on Mr. Blackman, you know (if your memory serves you well), Mia’s education in England had a few snags and while this should not detract from her ability to be an MP in Barbados, we in this country have taken this very low road in the recent past.
    Ms. Motley, has taken issue with Dr. Lowe’s qualification and he is now challenging her to show up and show out as she has challenged him. As silly as it seems, Mia needs to finish this and lets have no more nonsense.
    I recalled some time ago, a young lady and a man made calls to the local call in program and made very valid inquiries. Unfortunately, the moderator, DAVID ELLIS took offence, challenged their right to call their homeland and impliedly locked them out of the discussion because they live overseas. This has occurred many, many times and not ONCE, have I heard anyone decry its nastiness.
    I further recall another situation in which a lady made a written contribution to a spirited discussion on Facebook. As I read it, I was please to see the vernacular in use while a very forceful point was being made. Instead of addressing the issue, Ms. EASTMOND TOOK IT UPON HERSELF TO ADDRESS the grammatical use of language in an effort to denigrate this contributor. I should mention too, that some males are guilty here as well.
    So, you see Mr. Blackman, there is a cultural descent in ba-ba-dos. There is an intolerance for what is right. There is an anger against those living overseas who try to participate in the affairs of their country.
    And so I say, lets get this matter fix and once done, lets hope it trickles down to others as we embraced each other and HEAR what they are saying rather than how they are saying it. You see, ERROL BARROW’S PLAN OF FREE EDUCATION HAD THE GOAL OF LEVELLING THIS but with the current messy system called
    education, we are back to the haves and the havenots.

6. Patrick Blackman June 18, 2015 at 1:12 pm

@Charles Worrell – ok chap, I will take my cue from you on this one at this time. My disgust is that there are serious issues in this country and these guys are indulging in school yard stuff.

I live in Quebec (Canada) and my decision to move a few decades ago was prompted by this type of behaviour and the level of corruption and you know I am glad I left since nothing has changed. Anyway chap as usual , I appreciate your comments.

7. Sofia Sommers June 18, 2015 at 4:08 pm

She questioned His qualifications. He produced his. Can she produce hers? Put up and let this shut up.