News Feed

October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Relief on the way, says BWA The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) ... +++ October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Remembering David Thompson Today marks the sixth anniversary o ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Today’s weather The Barbados Meteorological office ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Lashley urges innovation Minister of Culture, Youth and Spor ... +++

Neblett to return to court June 19

COURT TODAY BLOCKA woman with a 2009 charge was brought before the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today, after a warrant of arrest was issued for her. Tamisha Maria Neblett last attended court on December 10, 2009 but not since.

When Neblett’s matter came up recently and she was not present, Magistrate Douglas Frederick issued a warrant of arrest for her. When she was asked today to explain her absence, she told the court that she forgot.

“I ain’t know how I forget. But he (the complainant) don’t come court neither.”

“But he is not charged for anything,” Magistrate Frederick reminded her. “And how do you know he does not come when you haven’t been coming?”

Neblett was previously offered $1 500 bail and the Magistrate pointed out that she had placed her surety in jeopardy. He therefore, wanted to ensure that the surety would continue in that capacity.

The warrant of arrest was withdrawn and the matter adjourned until June 19, when Neblett has to return with her surety.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *