October 25, 2016 - Vehicle overturns at Warrens Police say no injuries were reporte ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Digital direction Send and receive money digitally, e ... +++ October 25, 2016 - GG winding down school visits In a matter of weeks, once all goes ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Husbands, Walcott brilliant in Canada TORONTO, Canada – Veteran Bar ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Many positives on Windies A tour DAMBULLA, Sri Lanka – Head co ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Dismissal of iMart cashier raises eyebrows The Labour Department is said to be ... +++

More lean times to come, warns visiting apostle

A Trinidadian-based apostle is predicting some five years of prosperity for Barbados, to be followed by lean times.

Apostle Vivian Duncan, of Divine Destiny Worship Centre, made the prediction yesterday afternoon as he addressed the grand opening service of Restoration Ministries’ two-storeyed, spanking new building valued at $5.2 million.

The apostle, who grasped the attention of an overflowing congregation that included Members of Parliament and religious leaders of the Brittons Hill, St Michael church, said there would be three to five years of prosperity coming to Barbados.

Well articulated, and with deep conviction, the apostle urged Minister of Agriculture Dr David Estwick to study the “methodology” that God had given Joseph to deal with the famine in Egypt and Canaan –– which dearth was in store for Barbados.

Apostle Vivian Duncan

Apostle Vivian Duncan

“Because God is saying to me, concerning your economy, that you will have three to five years of unprecedented prosperity –– like you never had in Barbados. But, it will be followed by some lean times.

“And He said to me whoever is your Minister of Agriculture, that he must go study the methodology that He gave to Joseph. Study it, draw principles from it and apply it, so that when the time of leanness comes, the nation will be ready to deal with it,” the apostle revealed.

A “revolution” is also coming to Barbados, according to this man of God, as he continued his prophecy. He said it would not be driven by any guns or bombs, but would be rather a revolution of prophetic proclamation.

At the same time, the apostle stressed, the Church would have to play a pivotal role during this revolutionary process. He said there were people in Barbados “strangling” the church, holding leadership positions, but only managing to keep “people in bondage”.

“God is going to remove them from their positions,” he declared.

“Elders and deacons of the Church, you will come to understand that you are officers in a militant outfit. God says the Church has been retreating instead of advancing. He says it is the Church that is supposed to be calling the shots for the nation.

“I listen to your [National] Anthem and I heard you talking about owning the hills and the valleys, but I am here to prosphesy to you that belongs to the Church,” Duncan declared.

The preacher also revealed that while he had never met Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, God had told him the Government head would surprise Barbados with a change of style in leadership. He said Stuart would become one of the historic leaders of the Caribbean.

17 Responses to More lean times to come, warns visiting apostle

1. Sharon Woolley
    Sharon Woolley June 9, 2015 at 1:30 am

Does he do the lottery and win every week ?? another fool that the stupid will follow

2. Andrew The Voice June 9, 2015 at 4:37 am

Where do these guys come from, this really doesnt make smuch sense.

3. jrsmith June 9, 2015 at 5:50 am

Well ,well, here we go again, what is the matter with our bajan , we are playing games with people lives, are bajans that stupid, it seems anybody comes to Barbados wave they bible and you in.
    We had the simple Charlie scandal, our educations politician got involve, making himself look silly to the world, prior to that we had a Benny Hinn, bajans paid him $300,000,00 to pray for Barbados, now we have another one all the way from Trinidad to tell us bajans about god.
    And who is in the midst of it all some of our politicians , who don’t know they arm from they elbow.
    $5 million ,non economic benefit to bajans and Barbados , where is all the dollars coming from for the upkeep of this building.
    I have change my mind feeling sorry for bajans , who cannot afford higher education ,for they children and families missing out ,but could always find money for the various bible projects, its about time the regional government star taxing these churches. the only persons who are benefitting are lone pastors, just getting very wealthy.
    Barbados don’t anymore churches, we need a manufacturing base , we need businesses to employ our people,

4. jrsmith June 9, 2015 at 5:53 am

@, Sharon W and
    @,Andrew the voice, hail, hail, have a good day.

5. Tony Webster June 9, 2015 at 6:07 am

Praise The Lord and pass the ammunition….err…the Grantleys. Bossman…you late…we already have a couple of “Apostles” ’bout here….and building big-tail cathedrals and churches like nut-grass.
    When you get back to Trinbago, try for a miracle of your own: do a “wuk”…on Jack. Start wid a nice bush-bath; then give he a “full emersion” thing; then, give “Jack his “jacket” (Italian Armani leather, of course); then throw-in a nice gold-embossed leather -covered Bible (it will need to last him a long time).
    BTW: don’t forget a couple “bracelets”…White-gold wid name inscribed in platinum…by Cartier, of course.

6. angela Maynard June 9, 2015 at 9:31 am

Give me a break, this man is as phoney as they come. Please do not buy into his crap.

7. Olutoye Walrond June 9, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I thought wer were already into the lean years.

8. Patrick Blackman June 9, 2015 at 1:05 pm

@jrsmith Hail – as usual, like your stuff. If I were to truly express my feelings on this most probably my comments would not pass moderation. I was raised in a god fearing family, my aunt was even a nun so you know I had a very religious life.

I don’t understand why these fools and yes there are fools who try to destroy the church’s role in society by engaging in this crap behaviour. Keep your predictions to yourself, if you have the secret of life keep that to yourself as well and please stop coming to B’dos talking all this BS.

9. Marcia Clarke June 9, 2015 at 1:24 pm

This is nothing new; bajans have been brained washed for years.

10. Wayne Webster June 9, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Seems to me the same Joseph was quite specific re 7 years followed by another 7 years and told Pharaoh what specific actions to take. We really can do without these vague “speeches” that only seem to make many question – “Where did these “prophets” come from and HOW did they obtain such a title?
    Will he be held accountable if this was just an opinion – based on God knows what?

Congratulations are in order to Rev Durant for the ministry he leads. God’s blessings to you and the congregation.

11. harry turnover June 9, 2015 at 5:36 pm

I wonder why my post was deleted ? was it the 3 year,five year thing that I picked up from the Pastors upside down prediction?

As Olutoye said ,we are already in the lean years,so prosperity MUST follow.

12. Tony Webster June 9, 2015 at 5:55 pm

I am just a plain-vanilla Christian. To be more specific, a believer in Jesus Christ, and yet, more aptly described as a “recovering sinner”. With so many disciples around, and an ever-increasing number of “apostles”, I’m wondering how I might ascend to such heights? What exactly are the qualifications, and the process? Lord only knows, how one might ascend unto Bishop, or Archbishop-grade Christian? What about a Pope? Why cannot we here in Bim, also also have our own Pope? Or a Bishopess? A Popess?
    Forward ever, backward never, as my (ex) good friend Bernard Coard famously intoned. Pray for them all. Especially those that eschew to be meek, and mild, and humble. Ye shall know them …by their fruits. Also by their “big rides”.

13. villager. June 9, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Must we always have to heap scorn on anyone who speaks of god’s word? Maybe if he had said we are going to hell in a hand basket as already been declared most of you would feel better, also in pharaoh’s kingdom there were probably scoffers at Joseph’s predictions to the kings dream but pharaoh took him seriously,it amazes me how we always try to make a mockery of anything pertaining to god,and his followers yet we pander to those with hidden agendas whose only mission is to corrupt the morals of society.

14. Patrick Blackman June 9, 2015 at 7:22 pm

@villager – its not a mockery of god, its an assault on these nuts who try to make a mockery of god. The role of the church is very important in any society, coming from a christain background I do understand this but my problem is why don’t christains condemn these type of inviduals who bring shame and disgust on the church through their stupidity?

I think it was a friend of mine at university Von Watson (think he is a full minister of the cloth now) who once said: “There is nothing wrong with religion, it is what you bring to it thats the problem”

15. villager. June 9, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Patrick,do you believe in the bible? If so please note god word speaks of prophets in the days of the bible and also in these times but yes we also know there are false prophets, but from information received this man has made prophetic utterances that has come to pass, i will not divulge, but Patrick lets wait and see.

16. Patrick Blackman June 9, 2015 at 8:10 pm

@villager – I will take your word for now and wait any see. Actually I am not a big fan of organized religion. I do read it but more from an educational perspective as I have been trying to translate it for sometime as a personal project (keeps the brain active and at times provides some good perspectives on things).

17. Don Morris June 21, 2015 at 3:30 pm

I am not going to criticize this “prophet” or any of the persons who have commented on this article. But five years of prosperity followed by lean years huh? Clearly, the news hasn’t been getting to the prophet cause we’ve been in lean years for quite a long time — too long. What is important to note though is the venue where the prophet made his predictions: Is it a coincidence that he was speaking at the dedication of a new church building that is headed by a government-appointed Senator in Barbados? And how come he could be specific amount the years of prosperity but is unable to tell us how long the lean years that will follow will last. Also, I’m keen to know when do these five prosperous years begin? Some time during the next 6 months of 2015 perhaps? Pity the prophet didn’t tell us. Cause if we knew we could start planning to do like the ant in Proverbs and save up for the rainy (lean) years.