News Feed

October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Relief on the way, says BWA The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) ... +++ October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++

Man threatens to cut out woman’s private parts

COURT TODAY BLOCKIt was out of caution that a Bridgetown Magistrate remanded Selwyn Bernard Seales earlier today.

The Sherbourne, St John resident is charged with using threatening words to Claudina Gumbs, by telling her that she was not going to survive until Saturday and he was going to cut out her vagina and make her eat it.

Prosecuting, acting Station Sergeant Neville Watson told the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court that he was objecting to bail because all of Seales’ six antecedents relate to the woman and involved violence, with five of them occurring in 2014.

Watson added that the allegation was serious, the protection of society was important and the complainant was “part of that” society.

Attorney-at-law Marlon Gordon also addressed the court. He said he was there on behalf of the complainant and even though he did not want to influence the court, he wanted it to take note that the woman has a “very serious fear” of Seales.

In his response to the prosecutor’s objections, the 31-year-accused said he had taken the previously given advice of Magistrate Christopher Birch and, since leaving jail 15 months ago, had “not gone around that woman”.

He also said that even though he had changed his residence, he still saw the woman in his neighbourhood every day. Seale told the court that he was at work at the time of the alleged incident and when he heard police were seeking him, he went to them.

He also said he called the police on several occasions about the woman’s presence in his neighbourhood.

“So how could a woman that frighten for me left where she live and come near where I live?” he asked.

After hearing the submissions from all parties, Magistrate Frederick said he would taking the precaution of remanding the linesman, so that if the matter escalated, it could not be said that he released Seales today (Friday) when the threat was allegedly to take place by Saturday.

Magistrate Frederick said he wanted to see the complainant so he could determine her level of concern and whether what the accused was saying had merit. She was not on the court compound.

The magistrate gave Seales a one-week remand as opposed to the normal 28 days.

“I can’t believe this happening to me again,” Seales said repeatedly from his bench in the courtroom. He returns to court on June 12.

6 Responses to Man threatens to cut out woman’s private parts

  1. Patrick Blackman June 5, 2015 at 11:18 pm

    WTF.. I don’t normally used those words but WTF.. is going on in this country.. man they have some really crazy people running around this place.

  2. Marva Lashley-Todd
    Marva Lashley-Todd June 6, 2015 at 12:25 am

    if yah cant do wid do without

  3. Antony Rack
    Antony Rack June 6, 2015 at 12:50 am

    This man is demons possess, I do hope someone take him to Calvary, he need to wash in the blood of Jesus.

  4. Colin A Alexander
    Colin A Alexander June 6, 2015 at 3:16 am

    A threat can become a murder. He should be in jail.

  5. Patrick Blackman June 6, 2015 at 4:24 am

    @Anthony Rock: Please man, please we had enough of that stuff all week give us a break ok, I respect your opinion but give us a break.

    You talk about the blood of Jesus yet you made such horrible statements about the african students, you guys just turn people away from god with your statements…

  6. Tony Waterman June 6, 2015 at 7:39 pm

    I don’t blame Magistrate Frederick, he was being safe instead od being sorry.
    I am not saying that he did or did not threaten her, but according to this article, she appears to be a part of the problem, if she does not live in that area, what is she doing there so often, if as he said, he was adhereing to Magistrate Christopher Birch’s advice to the point of having changed his residence.

    on the other hand this has happened before in Barbados, a young Woman Miss Piggot, was Murdered in that way back in the day, not very far from Black Rock Police Sub-Station, so the magistrates concern is warranted, although i don’t believe that he was aware of this incident i am speaking of.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *